Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Re: Justin Tucker On the decline? looks to be

Quote Originally Posted by BIGBALL View Post
    To be honest, this seems like the worst special teams overall in years…
    This 100%

Quote Originally Posted by camdenyard View Post
    1. BS. His leg strength is just fine. Watch him in pregame. He doesn't just drive it like a 2-iron. Different hashes, different launch angles...he's fine. He's had some bad luck, questionable blocking and he's asked to make long FGs few other kickers are (except the Philly kicker last Sunday...that was insane).

2. With our offense, that SHOULDN'T be the standard anymore.
    And the Texans kicker had the distance TO the crossbar - just - and boinked it.
    Never too old for a happy childhood!

Quote Originally Posted by camdenyard View Post
    1. BS. His leg strength is just fine. Watch him in pregame. He doesn't just drive it like a 2-iron. Different hashes, different launch angles...he's fine. He's had some bad luck, questionable blocking and he's asked to make long FGs few other kickers are (except the Philly kicker last Sunday...that was insane).

2. With our offense, that SHOULDN'T be the standard anymore.
    4 kickers have made 60+ yard field goals this year. 11 have made 57+ yarders. It's becoming more and more common for kickers to make long field goals.

Quote Originally Posted by Pshawww View Post
    This 100%
    Agreed. Stout just isn't stout. He's 11 in punting average, but 27th in net yardage per punt. If he doesn't improve that number, I think the Ravens look for a new punter in the offseason.

5. Re: Justin Tucker On the decline? looks to be

He might be on the decline but name one kicker you’d take before him? I’ll wait bc we are spoiled with a great kicker

Quote Originally Posted by BIGBALL View Post
    To be honest, this seems like the worst special teams overall in years…
    IMO, it was depressing to hear ST coach Chris Horton's recent press conference. He explained that the delay of game penalty before the XP attempt was because some of the XP team had been on the field for the touchdown and may have spent too much time celebrating before getting ready for the XP. Really? He also said that XP and FG rushers who look like they have penetrated our blocking is not an issue because on film they really didn't come that close to blocking the kicks. He denied that there were any "operational" problems, just little things that they have to clean up. Are our kicking teams really giving Tucker the best chance to do his job?

Blog Entries

All I can say is I fully trust him to make any late game clutch kicks down the stretch and into the playoffs, and there is still no other kicker I'd rather have today.
    back on twitter

"Well that was an appropriate last ride for Pees. A Bengals WR streaking in for a game winning touchdown in the closing minutes is the man’s preferred medium to express his art." - GreenWave52

Quote Originally Posted by horus13 View Post
    He missed the PAT vs Saints at home and we lost 28-27.
    That kick was dead center then took a sharp right turn in a stiff wind. Not on Tucker.

Quote Originally Posted by veritas View Post
    That kick was dead center then took a sharp right turn in a stiff wind. Not on Tucker.
    Thanks for correcting the narrative. I was in the opposite end zone with my binoculars and could not believe the hard right that the kick took. It was windy, but that was a Twilight Zone incident.
    Captain Offense

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Offense View Post
    Thanks for correcting the narrative. I was in the opposite end zone with my binoculars and could not believe the hard right that the kick took. It was windy, but that was a Twilight Zone incident.
    That was the last ravens game I’ve went to. A friend is a saints fa. We went right before the kick he was joking and said to the section when Tucker misses this the first round is on me…… needless to say the entire section was stunned and shocked. He did buy several raven fans drinks at pickles after the game
    Last edited by Goode05; 11-29-2023 at 01:10 PM.

Blog Entries

I'm not buying it. Tucker maybe not having his best season which happens to all athletes. But not on the decline. I'd take Tucker over any other kicker in the league.

Blog Entries

The Saints game. Weirdest miss ever by any kicker. Wind was something else that day.