Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Blog Entries

Re: Justin Tucker On the decline? looks to be

I have been saying it all year, he is not himself.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by horus13 View Post
    He missed the PAT vs Saints at home and we lost 28-27.
    Yup. It was after Joe threw a TD pass to tie the game (including Tucker’s extra point) I remember the ball was hit right down the middle then strangely took a sharp right turn. The look on Tucker’s face. Ravens lose by 1.

Quote Originally Posted by ravensfan7716 View Post
    I think this thread is disingenuous towards Tucker because not all of Tuckers misses have been his fault. He has had some of those field goals blocked this year.

Tucker has missed 5 field goals in 2023, his worst year was 2015 while only his 3rd year in the league he missed 7 that year on a bad Ravens team.
    Tucker just missed the 1st extra point of his career this year.
    two of the field goals he missed were 59 and 61 yards. there are not many kickers who can even hit that far let alone never miss.

The Ravens special teams unit has had some bad plays this year.

Tucker is a pro and I firmly believe he will rectify any errors on his part.
    Tucker missed an XP in 2018, vs. the Saints.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by KentIslandRaven View Post
    IIRC his miss yesterday was rushed with the play clock ticking down, they should have used a timeout there. Reminded me of something I will not mention.
    Harbaugh mentioned the FG team had to speed up because the clock started sooner than they thought it would. Tucker wouldn’t use this as excuse or the times that our blocking on FG and XP this year has been less than stellar.

To be honest, this seems like the worst special teams overall in years…

Quote Originally Posted by BIGBALL View Post
    To be honest, this seems like the worst special teams overall in years…
    Have to agree, esp. the kick return units. I am pretty satisfied with Stout's punting and holding.

WORLD CHAMPIONS 2000 * 2012

Quote Originally Posted by Rxdoxx View Post
    He did a strange little feet fidget before the miss.
    Usually he goes back with almost a precision march and sets his feet, then does maybe 1/4 step shift
    He moved twice on the miss, something i hadn't noticed before.
    I noticed that too.

I have this strange susperstition I guess that as as he finishes that kicking foot plant before the snap, I say to myself "C'mon Justin". But he had the yips or something and I said "Oh!" and the rest is history.

Quote Originally Posted by KentIslandRaven View Post
    IIRC his miss yesterday was rushed with the play clock ticking down, they should have used a timeout there. Reminded me of something I will not mention.
    Should have gone for it. Even if he made the kick if Chargers score a TD we lose.

Blog Entries

It's been pointed out that he was rushed on all of those kicks. That whole game was poorly officiated around clock and down markers. I'm not too worried about JT

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenswintitle View Post
    It's been pointed out that he was rushed on all of those kicks. That whole game was poorly officiated around clock and down markers. I'm not too worried about JT
    This.

We all want to take notice of Tucker's "dropoff" this year, but put his kicks into context: I do remember 1 was blocked against the Browns, and I haven't seen all of his misses this year, but the one on Monday night was definitely rushed and Sofi does use artificial turf. I don't want to make excuses for him because he is certainly the GOAT kicker, but he's only 34 which is still just fine for a kicker, and so long as he's making the ones in the playoffs or with the walkoff ones to win games I'm fine.

Tuck's 50+yd FGs the end of last season were getting blocked too. I think he doesn't have the leg strength to pop the ball up super high like earlier in his career and it had the necessary distance. Now he has to kick it lower to drive for dustance and thus the high propensity of the kick blocks. Harbs and coaches know the just get to the 40-35yd line and we at least have 3pts is not the standard anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by ravensnhokies View Post
    Tuck's 50+yd FGs the end of last season were getting blocked too. I think he doesn't have the leg strength to pop the ball up super high like earlier in his career and it had the necessary distance. Now he has to kick it lower to drive for dustance and thus the high propensity of the kick blocks. Harbs and coaches know the just get to the 40-35yd line and we at least have 3pts is not the standard anymore.
    1. BS. His leg strength is just fine. Watch him in pregame. He doesn't just drive it like a 2-iron. Different hashes, different launch angles...he's fine. He's had some bad luck, questionable blocking and he's asked to make long FGs few other kickers are (except the Philly kicker last Sunday...that was insane).

2. With our offense, that SHOULDN'T be the standard anymore.