Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Justin Tucker On the decline? looks to be

I had to for old times sake but for the season he is definitely in what looks to be some type of slump he is at a career low average of 80.8 percent

Re: Justin Tucker On the decline? looks to be

Quote Originally Posted by 547ravenfan View Post
    I had to for old times sake but for the season he is definitely in what looks to be some type of slump he is at a career low average of 80.8 percent
    Or it could be a years long slump. He could be playing hurt or dealing with some sort of nagging injury. I think its way too early to say he is on a overall decline.

I don't know if it's diminishing leg strength or loss of the wolf pack, but Tucker from 2016 thru 2022 made 39/50 field goal attempts on kicks of 50+ yards. This year Tucker is only 1/5 on 50+ yards field goal attempts.

Quote Originally Posted by 547ravenfan View Post

I think this thread is disingenuous towards Tucker because not all of Tuckers misses have been his fault. He has had some of those field goals blocked this year.

Tucker has missed 5 field goals in 2023, his worst year was 2015 while only his 3rd year in the league he missed 7 that year on a bad Ravens team.
    Tucker just missed the 1st extra point of his career this year.
    two of the field goals he missed were 59 and 61 yards. there are not many kickers who can even hit that far let alone never miss.

The Ravens special teams unit has had some bad plays this year.

Tucker is a pro and I firmly believe he will rectify any errors on his part.

I think the blocked kicks have gotten to his head. I donít think heís on the decline at all.

The blocked FG's, he may have launched a little higher a couple of years ago. Also this year isn't the first he's missed an extra point, I recall him doing that once several years ago.
    I have to think at his age he's not going to get better and may have declined a little.

Blog Entries

He did a strange little feet fidget before the miss.
    Usually he goes back with almost a precision march and sets his feet, then does maybe 1/4 step shift
    He moved twice on the miss, something i hadn't noticed before.

Makes sense his led isn't as quick? flexable? strong? as his younger days, we watched Stover's range go downhill over the span, and IMHO we are seeing the beginning of it with Justin. I'm watching kickoffs, that was the big indicator with Stover, going to the point of having Richardson? as a second kicker for kickoffs.
    We may see if stout can put the KO to the back of the endzone in the future.

I view blocked long FG as having to put a lower arc to get the distance, I'm also factoring in Calais who blocked for them IIRC
    at one point of my life I was exactly Pi years old

He missed the PAT vs Saints at home and we lost 28-27.

Quote Originally Posted by horus13 View Post
    He missed the PAT vs Saints at home and we lost 28-27.
    That was like years ago

Quote Originally Posted by Shrubbs View Post
    That was like years ago
    Yeah. I have elephant memory lol. Tuck's still the man!

IIRC his miss yesterday was rushed with the play clock ticking down, they should have used a timeout there. Reminded me of something I will not mention.

Justin Tucker career stats: , 448 of 454 in Xpts, 384 of 427 FGs - he has only missed 3 FGs in his career inside 40 yards, but he has missed 27 beyond 50.