Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Re: We Need To Stop Crying About the Offense

What?, receivers have been open, Lamar has just been terrible in the long passing game, if a receiver has a couple steps on the DB with no safety coming over the top that is wide open, Ravens have had that at least 8 times and Lamar has over thrown everyone one of them, play action aint going to help that
    Quote Originally Posted by ravensfan7716 View Post
    From a scheme stand point they are not properly setting up any deep or play action pass plays.

They clearly have speed with Flowers, Agholor and Bateman to do it.

Rod Woodson was banging on this few games ago on the radio bashing Monken for not setting up yet they kept throwing deep and missing every throw.

Sure some of it is on Lamar and the WR, but they need to establish some play action once in a while and teams will have to start defending it

Quote Originally Posted by The Excellector View Post
    We're basically still a run first offense that will occasionally turn to the passing game to switch it up, but it's ultimately to create more room for the running game, more than to really win throwing the ball. We're still last in the league in passing attempts by design. Just that, instead of Roman's high school passing scheme, Monken made some tweaks to at least make it NFL level and it's still not rewriting the history books.

Their issue is that they can't consistently establish the run without Lamar being involved. It's been a pattern. Early on, Gus and Hill will have little room. Then, Lamar will start taking off and suddenly the first and second level of the defense is hesitating and then Gus and Hill have more room.
    We are literally the best running team in football.
    Your tales are humorous and laughable and get worse with every day.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Blog Entries

Sarah Ellison
    @sgellison
    Todd Monken on what it felt like when he realized the refs didn't give the Ravens a first down on the Nelson Agholor catch:

"It was awful. I mean, sh**, I didn't know it. I wouldn't have called the play that I did on third-and-a foot.

"We went fast off of it ... and the defender knocked [the pass down] and it's like, 'Holy, sh**, it's fourth-and-a foot.'

"Now, that's on me. ... Officials make mistakes just like I make mistakes.

"What makes it hard is where the official was at. I don't think this is capable of getting me fined. They don't fine assistant coaches I don't think, but the reality was he was beyond the marker. And he was pointing back. Well, I don't know what the hell that means. Usually the officials are running to the spot and putting the foot down. ... What made it worse, was that we were going fast. Had we not been going fast based on the play, within a matter of 5 seconds, somebody would've said, 'Holy cow! Where is he spotting it?' It just happened to time up with going fast and then the spot. Thank God that was third down to forth down. We actually got an opportunity on fourth down."

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by jonboy79 View Post
    We are literally the best running team in football.
    Your tales are humorous and laughable and get worse with every day.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

baldy breakdown

https://x.com/BaldyNFL/status/1729217760511819785?s=20

You win in the trenches. On defense we've seen how our line and rushers have been great at slowing down the opposition.

Then on offense? We see open season on Lamar often times and the inability to consistently open up holes.

We need to straighten out some of the blocking problems during this bye week. It's a major reason for the inability to get consistency on offense.

If we don't get this mediocre line play fixed soon we're in big trouble especially with these last 5 games.

Quote Originally Posted by one eyed bird View Post
    What?, receivers have been open, Lamar has just been terrible in the long passing game, if a receiver has a couple steps on the DB with no safety coming over the top that is wide open, Ravens have had that at least 8 times and Lamar has over thrown everyone one of them, play action aint going to help that

As you clearly dont seem to understand you cannot just throw it deep when ever you want. The opposition coverage also matters and it has nothing to do with Lamar over or under throwing

They have to set up those deep shots and Monken is not doing that.

Look at alot of his deep shots, many are on 3rd down, where they only need 3 or 4 yards to convert.

Play action will absolutely help it beacuse , something else you have clearly missed the Ravens LT and RT pressure has been abysmal which is factoring in on Lamars accuracy.

Look no further than this past game for proof of that.

You seem to not comprehend anything football related unless its Trashing Lamar. There are many other things going on around Lamar that have a factor in the outcome of the plays (including coaching).

Quote Originally Posted by JimZipCode View Post
    That's mostly where I am. A team with some older / brittle guys at key spots (Stanley, Odell); a team that has slogged thru a very difficult schedule, esp with travel.

I saw some reports this week that a few players were battling illness. Around the Arizona & Seahawk games, I noticed that Harbs and Monken sounded like shit in press conferences: sniffles, scratchy voices (even moreso than usual for Monken), etc. I think this whole group, roster and staff, badly needs a week off.

The Ravens offense ranks:
    7th in points per drive
    6th in scoring pctg per drive
    3rd in Red Zone TD%
    4th in DVOA

According to DVOA the Ravens faced the league's toughest slate of opposing defenses over the first 10 or 11 weeks. They're doing okay.

My primary concerns after the bye will be:
    Pass-pro, esp from the OTs
    Connecting on deep balls when guys get a step for bombs

Secondary concerns:
    Keaton Mitchell's workload (can he be an every-down guy at his size/build?)
    TE rotation
    Lamar connecting with Bateman; seems he either short-arms him or overthrows.
    100% agree with all of this.

This is a tired team. Three games in 12 days, then yet another West Coast game would drain anyone. I expect this team to come out of the bye week looking a little more energized and ready for the gauntlet of top teams we have to face down the stretch.

the skill players are there. it all depends on the play of the offensive line.

Ravens D forced 4 turnovers and they scored a total of 3 points off all of them.

When have you ever seen that before in the NFL? I cannot recall a game
    Just last night, the Vikings got 4 turnovers and scored 10 points total.

WORLD CHAMPIONS 2000 * 2012

10. Re: We Need To Stop Crying About the Offense

Lets put things in perspective. In March of this year, we didn't even know if Lamar would be back. Here we are 8 months later sitting at 9-3 with more complaints than praise.

Funny group we are!

Sent from my SM-S916U using Tapatalk

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by camdenyard View Post
    Just last night, the Vikings got 4 turnovers and scored 10 points total.
    they don't compare to other teams, just to Madden

As you clearly dont seem to understand you cannot just throw it deep when ever you want. The opposition coverage also matters and it has nothing to do with Lamar over or under throwing

They have to set up those deep shots and Monken is not doing that.

Look at alot of his deep shots, many are on 3rd down, where they only need 3 or 4 yards to convert.

Play action will absolutely help it beacuse , something else you have clearly missed the Ravens LT and RT pressure has been abysmal which is factoring in on Lamars accuracy.

Look no further than this past game for proof of that.

You seem to not comprehend anything football related unless its Trashing Lamar. There are many other things going on around Lamar that have a factor in the outcome of the plays (including coaching).
    Son of a bitch........look at me agreeing with you. However Jackson does get some criticism on most of the deep ball attempts we have seen.......the receivers have had their man beat by a step or more and Jackson has over thrown them. His deep ball completion percentage is abysmal, that's on him. Also, although I agree with the notion that those plays come on 3rd and short........that may be a perfect play to call a deep ball, opponent not expecting it. It's one of those things where your a genius if they work and an idiot if they don't........like most play calling.

You killed the Ravens and Harbaugh over the Chargers game, but I think the team in general were looking a little past the Chargers......towards the anticipated bye week and also maybe they were listening to the pundits a little believing the hype.......that the Ravens were going to have a cake walk. Couple that with the Chargers rallying around an embattled HC and you have what we saw Thursday night, a game closer then it should have been.

But the Ravens took care of business and won on the road.......a west coast game at that. You want to blame the head coach for that? Of course you do.........but it happens. More then you will admit, good teams get their shit together and win the game. The ravens are a good team and Harbaugh is responsible for at least part of it. I know how much that pains you to hear.
    Always buying Antique and vintage items......