Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
Results 37 to 48 of 52
  1. #37
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    South Florida
    Posts
    64,428
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: We Need To Stop Crying About the Offense

    Ravens behind Steelers logo


    World Domination 3 Points at a Time!





  2. #38

    Re: We Need To Stop Crying About the Offense

    Quote Originally Posted by ThankyouArt! View Post
    Son of a bitch........look at me agreeing with you. However Jackson does get some criticism on most of the deep ball attempts we have seen.......the receivers have had their man beat by a step or more and Jackson has over thrown them. His deep ball completion percentage is abysmal, that's on him. Also, although I agree with the notion that those plays come on 3rd and short........that may be a perfect play to call a deep ball, opponent not expecting it. It's one of those things where your a genius if they work and an idiot if they don't........like most play calling.

    You killed the Ravens and Harbaugh over the Chargers game, but I think the team in general were looking a little past the Chargers......towards the anticipated bye week and also maybe they were listening to the pundits a little believing the hype.......that the Ravens were going to have a cake walk. Couple that with the Chargers rallying around an embattled HC and you have what we saw Thursday night, a game closer then it should have been.

    But the Ravens took care of business and won on the road.......a west coast game at that. You want to blame the head coach for that? Of course you do.........but it happens. More then you will admit, good teams get their shit together and win the game. The ravens are a good team and Harbaugh is responsible for at least part of it. I know how much that pains you to hear.

    I will agree with you that Lamar deserves some for sure criticism on his deep passing this year, just not all of it.


    I stand firm on my stance that Harbaugh consistently has his teams playing down to the opposition. There are far too many years of examples of it happening. This is not something that began this year.

    The Ravens should have blown out that chargers team, and I think Herbert is a very good QB. They have talent on that roster and because of lousy coaching the Chargers consistently under perform.


    The Ravens this season are not a good team, they are a great team that is underperforming because of harbaugh, Monken both because in damn near every game, they are only playing 2 good quarters of football every game.





  3. #39
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    South Florida
    Posts
    64,428
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: We Need To Stop Crying About the Offense

    Quote Originally Posted by ravensfan7716 View Post
    I will agree with you that Lamar deserves some for sure criticism on his deep passing this year, just not all of it.


    I stand firm on my stance that Harbaugh consistently has his teams playing down to the opposition. There are far too many years of examples of it happening. This is not something that began this year.

    The Ravens should have blown out that chargers team, and I think Herbert is a very good QB. They have talent on that roster and because of lousy coaching the Chargers consistently under perform.


    The Ravens this season are not a good team, they are a great team that is underperforming because of harbaugh, Monken both because in damn near every game, they are only playing 2 good quarters of football every game.
    Dude you used to talk football.. Now Harbaugh is living in your head rent free and that's all you post about. I bet you lay in bed at night thinking about him.

    Reminds me of a guy in my town who hates Biden - he has stickers all over his truck with the guys name. Put up a flag in his yard. He can't get him out of his head.

    World Domination 3 Points at a Time!





  4. #40

    Re: We Need To Stop Crying About the Offense

    Quote Originally Posted by ravensfan7716 View Post
    I will agree with you that Lamar deserves some for sure criticism on his deep passing this year, just not all of it.


    I stand firm on my stance that Harbaugh consistently has his teams playing down to the opposition. There are far too many years of examples of it happening. This is not something that began this year.

    The Ravens should have blown out that chargers team, and I think Herbert is a very good QB. They have talent on that roster and because of lousy coaching the Chargers consistently under perform.


    The Ravens this season are not a good team, they are a great team that is underperforming because of harbaugh, Monken both because in damn near every game, they are only playing 2 good quarters of football every game.
    I'm not sold on Monken. It's pretty clear that between the offense and the defense, Harbaugh has his fingers much more on the offense. He pretty much leaves the DC's alone but seems to make sure to get OC's which fit with his own philosophy of how to win football games. While we've won a lot of them, it's rarely easy and way too few have come in the playoffs, especially since the last SB. When we inexplicably go away from certain things that are working or drastically underutilize certain players like Mitchell earlier and Gus often over the years, and when it happens over multiple coordinators, you have to look at the constant, the HC.

    Whenever I hear us being talked up nationally I always cringe a bit knowing that we can go up against anyone and lay a stinker on offense. The defense seems SB worthy. The offense is much more problematic.





  5. #41

    Re: We Need To Stop Crying About the Offense

    Quote Originally Posted by Ravenswintitle View Post
    Dude you used to talk football.. Now Harbaugh is living in your head rent free and that's all you post about. I bet you lay in bed at night thinking about him.

    Reminds me of a guy in my town who hates Biden - he has stickers all over his truck with the guys name. Put up a flag in his yard. He can't get him out of his head.

    Bro I talk football when ever I post here. Harbaugh is not living in my head, I simply point out the stupidity when it occurs.

    You think I am the only poster, fan, or sports reporter who has mentioned this team only seems to play the 1st and 2nd quarter in games this year???? I definitely am not.

    I am not blinded by this nonsense rhertoric like (oh Harbaugh is a great coach because he always has his team ready to play nonsense). If he did they would not be leading the league on 4th quarter meltdown losses over the past two season.

    That is not opinion, its facts.

    You dont like reading the coach criticism, then dont read my posts. Until this guy improves he is fair game to be criticized.





  6. #42

    Re: We Need To Stop Crying About the Offense

    Quote Originally Posted by veritas View Post
    I'm not sold on Monken. It's pretty clear that between the offense and the defense, Harbaugh has his fingers much more on the offense. He pretty much leaves the DC's alone but seems to make sure to get OC's which fit with his own philosophy of how to win football games. While we've won a lot of them, it's rarely easy and way too few have come in the playoffs, especially since the last SB. When we inexplicably go away from certain things that are working or drastically underutilize certain players like Mitchell earlier and Gus often over the years, and when it happens over multiple coordinators, you have to look at the constant, the HC.

    Whenever I hear us being talked up nationally I always cringe a bit knowing that we can go up against anyone and lay a stinker on offense. The defense seems SB worthy. The offense is much more problematic.
    You seem to have similar viewpoint on the team as I do. That is why I continue to say, This is a great team this year. The roster Decosta has put together this season is one of the best we have seen in Ravens history from top to bottom.

    Health wise they have been very solid this year, two main injuries being (Dobbins and Andrews) and Dobbins injury has allowed the team to see an exciting player in Keaton Mitchel who might end up being a superstar in this league.

    What the hell is going on with Tyus Bowser injury? Its like he is not even on the team nothing has been mentioned.


    But this team on offense has been underperforming alot and have left a ton of points off the board this year with lack of points scored off turnovers, the amount of points lost due to fumbles by Ravens offense and the lack of scoring in the 2nd half of games.

    I just want to see this team play up to its full potential





  7. #43
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    New York City
    Posts
    37,434
    Blog Entries
    4

    Re: We Need To Stop Crying About the Offense

    Quote Originally Posted by camdenyard View Post
    Just last night, the Vikings got 4 turnovers and scored 10 points total.
    Unless I misread it, the Vikings recovered 4 fumbles, but only 2 were from the Bears. Meanwhile, the Bears intercepted Dobbs 4 times. So it looks like Da Bears were +2 in turnovers... Bc





  8. #44

    Re: We Need To Stop Crying About the Offense

    Weren't like three of the Chargers turnovers in the last 2 minutes and one as the clock went dead? I mean you would/should score on the first, but the others are like a wash?





  9. #45

    Re: We Need To Stop Crying About the Offense

    Quote Originally Posted by horus13 View Post
    Weren't like three of the Chargers turnovers in the last 2 minutes and one as the clock went dead? I mean you would/should score on the first, but the others are like a wash?
    The 3 fumbles are relevant to the discussion, the interception is not. That occurred on an Herbert hail-Mary from the Baltimore 49 as time ran out in the 1st half. Pretty hard for the offense to turn that into points from the locker room.
    "Everyone is entitled to their own opinion, but NOT to their own facts" - Daniel P. Moynihan





  10. #46

    Re: We Need To Stop Crying About the Offense

    Quote Originally Posted by veritas View Post
    I'm not sold on Monken. It's pretty clear that between the offense and the defense, Harbaugh has his fingers much more on the offense. He pretty much leaves the DC's alone but seems to make sure to get OC's which fit with his own philosophy of how to win football games. While we've won a lot of them, it's rarely easy and way too few have come in the playoffs, especially since the last SB. When we inexplicably go away from certain things that are working or drastically underutilize certain players like Mitchell earlier and Gus often over the years, and when it happens over multiple coordinators, you have to look at the constant, the HC.

    Whenever I hear us being talked up nationally I always cringe a bit knowing that we can go up against anyone and lay a stinker on offense. The defense seems SB worthy. The offense is much more problematic.
    You have zero clue as to how much Harbaugh influences offensive play calling. He may have input.......like let's pound the ground game here. but as far as play calling goes, that happens to fast. Monken has the play in within seconds, there's no time for another mouth in the process. Also Monken isn't a "yes" man.......he knows his job. Monken wouldn't play that game, if he misunderstood the way the offense is ran and that Harbaugh has that much influence Monken will be one and done as far as his career as the offensive coordinator is concerned. I don't believe that's the way Harbaugh operates. You say he allows the DC to do his thing what gives you the impression he doesn't let the OC do his? I mean what evidence do you cite that tells you that? BTW you're not the only one that says that.
    Always buying Antique and vintage items......





  11. #47

    Re: We Need To Stop Crying About the Offense

    Quote Originally Posted by ravensfan7716 View Post
    You seem to have similar viewpoint on the team as I do. That is why I continue to say, This is a great team this year. The roster Decosta has put together this season is one of the best we have seen in Ravens history from top to bottom.

    Health wise they have been very solid this year, two main injuries being (Dobbins and Andrews) and Dobbins injury has allowed the team to see an exciting player in Keaton Mitchel who might end up being a superstar in this league.

    What the hell is going on with Tyus Bowser injury? Its like he is not even on the team nothing has been mentioned.


    But this team on offense has been underperforming alot and have left a ton of points off the board this year with lack of points scored off turnovers, the amount of points lost due to fumbles by Ravens offense and the lack of scoring in the 2nd half of games.

    I just want to see this team play up to its full potential
    They are leading the AFC......the AFC north. They lead the league in sacks....by a long way. Ravens are third in point differential, They are 7th in total offense, 5th in points scored, 2nd in total defense behind a Browns team that's trending down. Not playing up to potential? Just what more do you want them to do? Go out and destroy every team 35-10? Potential? WTF? You know what stat matters the most? The only one that truly counts........wins and loses, you think Pittsburgh cares where they rank? They are breathing down the Ravens necks as far as the division is concerned. Harbaugh's true nemesis.........I couldn't care less if they play dowen to an opponent......in fact they could do it every game from here on out........as long as they win. You go ahead and nit pick......that's exactly what it is. Just like LaCanfora. He opened his show today with the Tucker missed field goal. Sure it's note worthy......but that's all it is. Tucker should be the very last thing we need to worry about on this team. He's the only HOF lock on the team........he'll get it together......anyone doubt that? Nit picking on Tucker to find fault on the Ravens is embarrassing....saying the Ravens are not "playing up to potential" is nit picking.
    Always buying Antique and vintage items......





  12. #48

    Re: We Need To Stop Crying About the Offense

    I have a weird feeling about this team...... I really think they may win the Super Bowl.... I don't say that very often but the chemistry is exceptional right now

    Sent from my Pixel 6 Pro using Tapatalk
    Way Down South in New Orleans





Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Link To Mobile Site
var infolinks_pid = 3297965; var infolinks_wsid = 0; //->