Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Re: post game press conference concern

I think he was trying very hard not to embarrass the crew.... They were completely incompetent and and I think he didn't really want to shove it in their face... I'd say he knows more about that dynamics of the head coach referee relationships than I do But I do think he didn't want to get on the bad side of this particular group

Sent from my Pixel 6 Pro using Tapatalk
    Way Down South in New Orleans

Quote Originally Posted by veritas View Post
    I think that's BS, frankly. There was only one time in the game where the down as shown on the sideline came into question. Our guys were simply asleep at the switch.
    You are correct. For any Harbaugh apologist to act like this is something (new or out of the ordinary) is just ridiculous and absurd.

He has done this stupid shit for years. He has not challenged stuff, and then challenged stuff that was blatantly obvious he would lose.

Are the refs bad? yes,
    Is that Harbaughs fault? No

But twice last night the he doesn't challenge two 1st down which were clearly 1st down conversions.

Needless to say last nights crew won't be doing the Super Bowl. Wow they were just plain awful.
    Both teams were burnt by bad calls.

I haven't looked at the replay yet but I think a couple of Ravens got smoked square in the back on the Chargers 4th quarter punt return.

Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    The refs were really bad last night.

The same thing happened to the Chargers earlier in the game after Geno Stone smacked Justin Herbert (something he should have been flagged for, btw). The down marker had it as 3rd down, the refs were saying 4th down, Harbaugh was asking why isn't it 4th down, Staley was pissed because the down judge was wrong...

What a mess.

That ref crew should be fired. They did not call a good game at all.
    Have to agree - they seemed like 7 blind mice
    Never too old for a happy childhood!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Shas View Post
    His implication, as I understand it, was that the refs, chain crew and scoreboard were having trouble establishing down and distance, creating the confusion. You can't challenge situations the officials had not clearly established. Whether that was what was truly occurring, I can't say, but I believe that was what Harbaugh was implying.
    they were, it seemed like they got 4 or 5 spots wrong. It's the assistant in the booth's job to call down to Harb if it needs to be challeneged. How is he supposed to see that on the sidelines?

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by alien bird View Post
    Ask the Ravens' fans who were at the game. Didn't a couple of them already comment that the scoreboard and clock were slow? That alone would lend credence to Harbaugh's comments. Off the top of my head, there were at least two times where there were significant delays and seeming confusion with officials over this, and I was watching only what the TV wanted to show me. Being there in person, I would bet there were more.
    This is correct. It was at times confusing what down it was due to the stadium scoreboard not being updated.

Everyone around me assumed the Ravens had those two first downs in question - especially the Agholor play. Then suddenly it was 4th down.

With that said, Im curious if Harbaugh goes off the stadium scoreboard or if they have their own method since they are standing next to the markers and refs.

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenswintitle View Post
    they were, it seemed like they got 4 or 5 spots wrong. It's the assistant in the booth's job to call down to Harb if it needs to be challeneged. How is he supposed to see that on the sidelines?
    Hmm, but then, that doesn't fit the narrative from the Harbaugh haters, so I don't know what to think. ;)
    "That's what."
    She

Quote Originally Posted by Shas View Post
    Hmm, but then, that doesn't fit the narrative from the Harbaugh haters, so I don't know what to think. ;)

The Ravens have one of the largest if not the largest group of assistant coaches in the NFL.

It should be someone's job which I am sure it already is every game to monitor the down marker and inform him whether to challenge or not.

You dont think the players are not informing him or knowing whether they got it or not?

Blog Entries

Question Re: post game press conference concern

I like Harbaugh (the man) very much. He seems a decent sort and I'd be glad if he was my neighbor. However, it also seems that over the years the same complains about him rear their ugly heads. Problem is that they're justified. How can a Head Coach, with so many years of experience, make the same dumb mistakes over-and-over again? There are times I believe the Ravens coaching staff is and unprepared for tense, stressful situations... when they should be calm and adjust as necessary.

SMH... Bc

If Harbaugh and the sideline thought that it was a first down, that would explain them going quick no huddle on those plays so as to not give a chance to the Chargers throw a challenge flag. Otherwise, it didn't make much sense for offense to rush.

Quote Originally Posted by BcRaven View Post
    I like Harbaugh (the man) very much. He seems a decent sort and I'd be glad if he was my neighbor. However, it also seems that over the years the same complains about him rear their ugly heads. Problem is that they're justified. How can a Head Coach, with so many years of experience, make the same dumb mistakes over-and-over again? There are times I believe the Ravens coaching staff is and unprepared for tense, stressful situations... when they should be calm and adjust as necessary.

SMH... Bc
    He is literally the 4th longest tenured head coach in the NFL by now.

Anyone trying to argue this nonsense or blame the refs for his boneheaded decisions last night are just being truthful about the situation.

Quote Originally Posted by garfield207 View Post
    If Harbaugh and the sideline thought that it was a first down, that would explain them going quick no huddle on those plays so as to not give a chance to the Chargers throw a challenge flag. Otherwise, it didn't make much sense for offense to rush.
    That seems to be the situation, Garfield. For this particular play, they seemed to have reason to believe first down had been signaled.

Whether that was because the officials failed to make a decisively clear call, or because the staff just screwed up, I couldn't say for sure... nor can anyone else on this board, despite what they may tell you.
    "That's what."
    She