Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Marcus Peters

Re: Marcus Peters

Quote Originally Posted by boller4president View Post
    Humphrey and Williams is banged up.

I have no issue with EDC bringing him in if he thinks he can help us.
    No way, they have better play by Arthur Mullet, Darby, Sin etc....

They do not need peters.

Quote Originally Posted by ravensfan7716 View Post
    LMFAO

I have coached for over 20 years. I know sports well. I have coached baseball, baseketball and football for all of my kids teams.

What is hilarious with your laughable rebuttle, is in one sentence you insult me and tell me I am wrong, then you completely make my point and say the same thing by saying (well of course peters is gone because "you cant let ANY player undermine you publicly" Its a death setance......).

So which is it? Are you agreeing with me or am I out of my mind? lol

lmao 🤣

Blog Entries

He isn't coming back, the wanting to punch Harbaugh sealed his fate.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Silver View Post
    He isn't coming back, the wanting to punch Harbaugh sealed his fate.
    Thank you, We agree again!

I don't think he should come back. And I was a fan of his, generally speaking.

Blog Entries

I wonder if Peters will clear waivers.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    “When the sea was calm, all ships alike showed mastership in floating.”- William Shakespeare

Blog Entries

Marcus Williams played (vs. Chargers) and had 5 tackles (2 solo) and one PD. Now on the BYE week, he should be 100%.
    Hopefully, the time off Humphrey has already had, plus the BYE week interval, will have him back on the field at our next game.
    That next game is vs. the Rams (on December 10th) in Baltimore... Bc

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ravensfan7716 View Post
    Thank you, We agree again!
    We often hear the phrase, "It's a man's game." when talking football. Sometimes, being a man is more than being a tough, hard, and confident player; sometimes, it means acting like an adult or a professional. Peters talents have eroded to the point where his behavior isn't tolerated anymore.

A guy I worked with went to school with him, where he walked off the football field before transferring. The guy has all the talent; if he were smarter and cooled his head, he could still have a career somewhere if he swallowed his pride. A lot of that pride got him where he wanted to go; now...

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by HotInHere View Post
    There, the thread got started. Y'all happy now?

Actually, I just wanted to point out some more evidence of EDC actually knowing what he's doing.

He let Peters walk, who is now being healthy-scratched.
    He opted not to bring back Justin Houston, who was looking completely washed before landing on IR.
    He showed no interest in reuniting with JPP, who just got off the couch this week to play 17 snaps for the Saints.
    He let Calais go, who is still wrecking shit in Atlanta. Hey, you can't win them all. But honestly, based on how well the dline has played overall, it probably was still a good move to go with younger cheaper players.
    Ravens released Campbell Mar 13, Atlanta signed him Mar 29 $7M guaranteed, not sure exactly what the cap savings was but this was his contract reported here ->
    Campbell's contract is worth $12.5 million but could be as much as $16.5 million with incentives, sources told ESPN's Adam Schefter.
    https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/...-125m-contract
    I don't think we replaced him with a DE, very late we brought in Clowney (Edge - combo DE/OLB) amd KVN OLB at a significant cap savings.

Peters could also easily fall into right player/right price, and I suspect the double CB draft JAD/Pepe in2022 was to find his replacement for 2023 (acl 2021), but I'm guessing, he had been Gtd $32+M, and he valued himself much higher then EDC offered. Peters ended up signing $3M/2yr almost $2M GTD.

Houston, Ravens gave a $1M signing bonus and a total of $2.075M in 2021. 2022 resigned for $3.5M guaranteed. Panthers used 4 voidable years to guarantee him $6M, and have $3.87M dead hitting in 2024. Right player/wrong price for EDC, although we fans expected him back.

JPP has a cap hit of about $165K for the Saints chump change value.

EDC got Clowney and KVN for 1/2 of what Houston got, so the only disagreement I have with what you wrote was the younger part of younger cheaper players, but then again they are "younger" old veterans

Agree 100% EDC knows when to hold 'em and when to fold 'em, a very high majority of the time.
    at one point of my life I was exactly Pi years old

The crazy thing to me is that if your really believe Peters is gone because he wanted to punch Harbaugh in the face...why would bringing him back make sense? Just because YOU also want to punch Harbaugh in the face doesn't mean he should employ someone who does. Like on what planet do some of yall live that you think you can keep your job while actively and outwardly despising your boss? Even if he is an asshole and your are 100% right on whatever the subject is, you are still very likely to find your ass looking for another job. Add in that your performance and results are not what they once were and it's a lock.

Yes, as a fan, you can actively despise and even make threats about Harbaugh and still plop down your money and go watch the team. As a goddamn professional football player, it don't work that way. And please miss me with any of that ALPHA or DOG bullshit some of you spew...you still have a job to do and a work environment to respect.

My opinion on Peters is that EDC and the coaches moved on because the juice wasn't worth the squeeze anymore. His skills had eroded to the point where he was a liability more than a playmaker. Once that scale tips for players that rely on instincts and gambling, their time is up...even if they don't know it.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Rygar64 View Post
    The crazy thing to me is that if your really believe Peters is gone because he wanted to punch Harbaugh in the face...why would bringing him back make sense? Just because YOU also want to punch Harbaugh in the face doesn't mean he should employ someone who does. Like on what planet do some of yall live that you think you can keep your job while actively and outwardly despising your boss? Even if he is an asshole and your are 100% right on whatever the subject is, you are still very likely to find your ass looking for another job. Add in that your performance and results are not what they once were and it's a lock.

Yes, as a fan, you can actively despise and even make threats about Harbaugh and still plop down your money and go watch the team. As a goddamn professional football player, it don't work that way. And please miss me with any of that ALPHA or DOG bullshit some of you spew...you still have a job to do and a work environment to respect.

My opinion on Peters is that EDC and the coaches moved on because the juice wasn't worth the squeeze anymore. His skills had eroded to the point where he was a liability more than a playmaker. Once that scale tips for players that rely on instincts and gambling, their time is up...even if they don't know it.
    I do believe he got in John's face, not 100%, but couple that with the threat, and it is credible enough. The Ravens are a well-run organization and have hung on to vets past their prime or brought them back at a lower wage, but they won't bring you back if they are behaving like an ass.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Silver View Post
    I do believe he got in John's face, not 100%, but couple that with the threat, and it is credible enough. The Ravens are a well-run organization and have hung on to vets past their prime or brought them back at a lower wage, but they won't bring you back if they are behaving like an ass.
    And also -- crazy notion here -- when was the last time Marcus Peters was actually good? It was the 2020 season. He was hurt for '21. He played badly in '22, and everyone was wondering if it was lingering effects of the injury. This year he had one vintage Marcus Peters pick-6 for the Raiders, but apart from that, he was horrible. And he's on the wrong side of 30.

So maybe the reason the Ravens aren't bringing him back, the reason he sat in FA for so long, the reason the Raiders let him go, and the reason he cleared waivers, is that he's just not very good at football anymore.
    "Chin up, chest out."