Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Marcus Peters

Re: Marcus Peters

Quote Originally Posted by Darkstorm View Post
    Peters play last year sealed his fate. The team probably believed it had better options then an aging DB who is on downside of his career.
    They let him hang on the open market for weeks. They clearly weren't interested

Regarding this Harbaugh and Peters stuff...here's the bottom line. And it goes for every Organization dealing with a player who has "baggage"...real or perceived.

When the production no longer is greater or matching the headache, teams will get rid of the player. Period. Peters attitude probably did play a small role in him no longer being here...the production didn't make the rest of the Peters experience worth it. I'm sure it also played a part in his release from Vegas. Let's not get it twisted here...Peters was a player who didn't stay anywhere long...he had a reputation of having baggage way back when he was drafted.
    Although Walsh's system of offense can compensate for lack of talent; however, defense is a different story. According to Walsh, talent on defense was essential and could not be compensated for. What did Walsh do in 1981? He acquired physical and talented players on defense.

Quote Originally Posted by Raveninwoodlawn View Post
    Regarding this Harbaugh and Peters stuff...here's the bottom line. And it goes for every Organization dealing with a player who has "baggage"...real or perceived.

When the production no longer is greater or matching the headache, teams will get rid of the player. Period. Peters attitude probably did play a small role in him no longer being here...the production didn't make the rest of the Peters experience worth it. I'm sure it also played a part in his release from Vegas. Let's not get it twisted here...Peters was a player who didn't stay anywhere long...he had a reputation of having baggage way back when he was drafted.
    This, and especially the bolded, underlined part 100%. All the rest of the posts about some beef with Harbaugh being the main reason is just a bias of clouded judgement by Harbaugh haters. The man has his faults to be sure, but intentional self-sabotage isn't one of them. Letting Peters walk was addition by subtraction once his production declined.

Quote Originally Posted by Raveninwoodlawn View Post

The bolded part I think applies in any business. When your value and ROI on that value no longer match. You cut your losses. I think a lot of MP love is nostalgia and I get it. But I really think people are stretching themselves to say his malcontent actions toward Harbaugh is reason he is not here. Of course it may have been a minor factor, but I doubt it is singular or the primary reason he isn't here.

Marcus Peter's isn't here anymore because he sucks now.

No. We don't need him back. All talk and no action.

I like Marcus Peters but this secondary can tackle now. Ravens don't need players who can't make open field tackles.

Quote Originally Posted by ravensfan7716 View Post
    LMFAO, no its actually not.

Do you think they traded away Boldin for the same thing? Hell no, it was because those guys spoke out.

Harbaugh is an ego maniac. Its just like Veritas said, peters sealed his fate last year.
    Are you out of your mind? You never cease to amaze me in the BS that comes out of your mouth. I bet you have never coached even as much of a TBall team. Has nothing to do with Harbaugh's ego, if you have ever coached you would know that you can't let ANY player undermine you publicly. It's a death sentence.......you can say whatever you want to him in the privacy of his office........man to man. But to do it on National TV on the sidelines is a quick way to earn a ticket to the train station ( Yellowstone reference).
    Always buying Antique and vintage items......

Blog Entries

1 point for DeCosta on this one. I was wrong about this. My assumption was that since last season was Peters' return from the ACL, that this season would be a strong rebound year for him, that he had one good year left and that we could then move on after this season. DeCosta called it right. He's done.
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore

Quote Originally Posted by HotInHere View Post
    There, the thread got started. Y'all happy now?

Actually, I just wanted to point out some more evidence of EDC actually knowing what he's doing.

He let Peters walk, who is now being healthy-scratched.
    He opted not to bring back Justin Houston, who was looking completely washed before landing on IR.
    He showed no interest in reuniting with JPP, who just got off the couch this week to play 17 snaps for the Saints.
    He let Calais go, who is still wrecking shit in Atlanta. Hey, you can't win them all. But honestly, based on how well the dline has played overall, it probably was still a good move to go with younger cheaper players.
    Calais was the guy who dominated last year. But we had young guys ready.

In EDC we trust. Why would anyone think we should bring MP back? We have a great D and that would only mess up the chemistry.

Quote Originally Posted by Dale View Post
    In EDC we trust. Why would anyone think we should bring MP back? We have a great D and that would only mess up the chemistry.
    Humphrey and Williams is banged up.

I have no issue with EDC bringing him in if he thinks he can help us.

Quote Originally Posted by ThankyouArt! View Post
    Are you out of your mind? You never cease to amaze me in the BS that comes out of your mouth. I bet you have never coached even as much of a TBall team. Has nothing to do with Harbaugh's ego, if you have ever coached you would know that you can't let ANY player undermine you publicly. It's a death sentence.......you can say whatever you want to him in the privacy of his office........man to man. But to do it on National TV on the sidelines is a quick way to earn a ticket to the train station ( Yellowstone reference).
    LMFAO

I have coached for over 20 years. I know sports well. I have coached baseball, baseketball and football for all of my kids teams.

What is hilarious with your laughable rebuttle, is in one sentence you insult me and tell me I am wrong, then you completely make my point and say the same thing by saying (well of course peters is gone because "you cant let ANY player undermine you publicly" Its a death setance......).

So which is it? Are you agreeing with me or am I out of my mind? lol