Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Marcus Peters

Re: Marcus Peters

Quote Originally Posted by veritas View Post
    The biggest reason that Peters is gone, whether it was a good move or not, was because he wanted to punch out Harbaugh in Week 2 last season. That sealed his fate.
    Yup bro was getting more and more comfortable chewing out harbs on the sideline. He needed to go

reminded me of daune starks out there

Blog Entries

Not everyone is able to come back from a torn ACL. Peters has never been the same. Derrick Barnett who is only 27 is a shadow of himself. I heard a sports doctor say that 80% of the players with that injury end up almost fully recovered but the others have various degrees of performance loss. It's something that really has to be considered when looking at contracts. Odell is clearly not close to the player he was before his 1st ACL. We still get glimpses so it's not like Peters or Barnett but it's tough to pay up for what you get.

Quote Originally Posted by s.r.genovese View Post
    If you run into assholes everywhere you go then maybe you’re the asshole.
    No........ No......... I'm pretty sure that can't be it!

Blog Entries

The biggest reason that Peters is gone, whether it was a good move or not, was because he wanted to punch out Harbaugh in Week 2 last season. That sealed his fate.
    Complete and unobjective nonsense.

If MP played at a pro bowl level last year, we would have tried to keep him here regardless of that episode.

Blog Entries

Knocking Peters for his tackling is like knocking Deion for the same thing. You know and expect him to miss tackles. He made up for that in the past in other ways. Seems he’s not now.

But I agree I don’t think he fits this team/defense. The D tackles and hits at every level right now at every position.

Why do you think that happened?

Could it be the same thing myself and a lot of posters have been saying for the past 24hrs? His stupid ass decision making in games.

Quote Originally Posted by leachisabeast View Post
    Complete and unobjective nonsense.

If MP played at a pro bowl level last year, we would have tried to keep him here regardless of that episode.
    LMFAO, no its actually not.

Do you think they traded away Boldin for the same thing? Hell no, it was because those guys spoke out.

Harbaugh is an ego maniac. Its just like Veritas said, peters sealed his fate last year.

Quote Originally Posted by ravensfan7716 View Post
    LMFAO, no its actually not.

Do you think they traded away Boldin for the same thing? Hell no, it was because those guys spoke out.

Harbaugh is an ego maniac. Its just like Veritas said, peters sealed his fate last year.
    Peters play last year sealed his fate. The team probably believed it had better options then an aging DB who is on downside of his career.

At least they got a quality player while he was under contract unlike what happened with Dominique Foxworth. Peters staying anywhere for three years could be because, dare I say it, Harbaugh is good at managing people.

Quote Originally Posted by Darkstorm View Post
    Peters play last year sealed his fate. The team probably believed it had better options then an aging DB who is on downside of his career.
    I agree he was on the downside of his career but to say he was not resigned because of the beef he had with Harbaugh I do not believe at all.

Harbaugh held onto an aging, slow Lardarius Webb for far too long, because he was always a great team mate and had a great relationship.

So he will clearly hold onto a player he likes.

Peters was just that out spoken firey guy who like someone else said (Sealed his fate with Ego maniac) harbaugh last year. My opinion anyway

Blog Entries

I am shocked that there are Ravens fans sincerely wishing a return of Marcus Peters. He was let go by the RAIDERS, everyone. Fans are emotional and are thinking with the heart not the head.