Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Thread: Marcus Peters

Blog Entries

Re: Marcus Peters

Quote Originally Posted by MarkS View Post
    To clarify:
    - From the start of the waiver period through the trading deadline, vested veterans who are released immediately become free agents. However:
    - From the trading deadline through the end of the season, vested veterans have to pass through waivers.

Trading deadline was Oct 31, so Peters has to pass through waivers.

https://operations.nfl.com/updates/t...stem-overview/
    Thought so, else Suggs would have ended up a Raven and not Chief in 2019.

Quote Originally Posted by Rygar64 View Post
    We do??
    Trayvon Mullen is on IR
    Washington is on IR
    D Williams is on IR
    Humphrey is still dealing with a Calf injury and missed last weeks game
    Darby is coming off an ACL injury and is slowly being worked into games sharing snaps with Sin
    M Williams is putting off surgery and playing hurt

Quote Originally Posted by boller4president View Post
    Trayvon Mullen is on IR
    Washington is on IR
    D Williams is on IR
    Humphrey is still dealing with a Calf injury and missed last weeks game
    Darby is coming off an ACL injury and is slowly being worked into games sharing snaps with Sin
    M Williams is putting off surgery and playing hurt
    I wouldn't classify that as a ton of injuries, especially for the Ravens.
    I believe Pepe is in the window for a return.
    M Williams is a safety - requires even more tackling than a CB. Marcus is allergic to tackling at this point.
    A rotation of Darby and Sin seems to playing at least as well as Marcus is thus far this season.
    Washington was playing slot and some safety, again not a position where Marcus can help.

And I loved Peters while he was here. If the team and EDC think he's got some "juice" left that can infuse some additional playmaking into the backend - while accounting for missed assignments and non-tackling, then so be it. But it doesn't appear that he has it anymore. With the Raiders playing better and the team going all out for a players' coach like Pierce, getting cut in-season is a really bad look.

Mallett has played well
    Darby is playing well
    Armour davis had a decent game
    We don't need bernard pollard or dwayne starks 2.0
    williams is on the up tick
    Stone is playing really well

We are good

this team has great chemistry and we are getting massive production from unexpected pieces

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by eddy204 View Post
    Mallett has played well
    Darby is playing well
    Armour davis had a decent game
    We don't need bernard pollard or dwayne starks 2.0
    williams is on the up tick
    Stone is playing really well

We are good

this team has great chemistry and we are getting massive production from unexpected pieces
    I agree with your post, this defensive chemistry is on point right now and I wouldn’t do anything to mess it up.

Age and injuries beat MP. Don’t need him on the field, but I wonder how he’d do as Asst DB Coach?

M Williams is a safety - requires even more tackling than a CB. Marcus is allergic to tackling at this point.
    A rotation of Darby and Sin seems to playing at least as well as Marcus is thus far this season.
    Washington was playing slot and some safety, again not a position where Marcus can help.

And I loved Peters while he was here. If the team and EDC think he's got some "juice" left that can infuse some additional playmaking into the backend - while accounting for missed assignments and non-tackling, then so be it. But it doesn't appear that he has it anymore. With the Raiders playing better and the team going all out for a players' coach like Pierce, getting cut in-season is a really bad look.
    Washington back? He was a dog too

Sent from my SM-G998U using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Gleeful_Mourner View Post
    Age and injuries beat MP. Don’t need him on the field, but I wonder how he’d do as Asst DB Coach?
    That's an offseason discussion, if at all. You are getting 100% of his off-field personality and 0% production on the field. i wouldn't risk introducing such an explosive and random element now (and probably never)
    It ain't pretty, but it's us.
    AND I'M HERE FOR IT ALL, BABY.

We were getting healthier...

Quote Originally Posted by Gleeful_Mourner View Post
    Our fans have some of the wildest imaginations when it comes to who might make a decent coach….

MP might be the very last player I would look to in the entire NFL, down near Antonio Brown.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

No way will Peters be back especially since he went after Harbaugh last year. Harbaugh has a delicate ego.

Quote Originally Posted by VegasRaven View Post
    No way will Peters be back especially since he went after Harbaugh last year. Harbaugh has a delicate ego.
    This, with the combination of peters declining play. He would have only been brought back if he was still a game changer which he isn’t anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by jonboy79 View Post
    Our fans have some of the wildest imaginations when it comes to who might make a decent coach….

MP might be the very last player I would look to in the entire NFL, down near Antonio Brown.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Agree. On top of the head case shit Peters wasn't a typical corner. You can't teach what made him so good.