Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Re: How Was TV coverage?

Quote Originally Posted by NCRavensFan View Post
    Wondering how the TV coverage/commentators were last night?

As usual, I listened on radio. Poor Gerry. Unaware of down. Forgets to tell you what yard line the ball is on. Consistently misses the basics of radio play-by-play. Appreciating Woodson more than I did initially
    Woodson has gotten better, you're right.

If you want to appreciate Gerry, try listening to Maryland football on the radio. I love Johnny Holliday the man, but boy, it's hard to follow any sense of yards gained, down and distance, or score without waiting to the next commercial. Johnny does an amazing job of telling you what high school a player went to, and who his head coach was, when that player makes run, catch or tackle...but little else.
    "That's what."
    — She

Quote Originally Posted by Ravensforce83 View Post
    I like Collinsworth most of the time too. He brings an energy that Garrett just doesn’t have. Jason is like watching paint dry

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    If it wasn't the Ravens playing last night I would have fallen asleep with Jason Garrett doing the color commentary. Garrett has a very dry voice and is boring. Cris Collinsworth at least brings an energy to the role even if he can be grating at times.

I listened to the radio as well. Sandusky had a rough night last night for sure. He's usually pretty good with downs and distance, but he was missing the markers by 5 yards at times. Lot of complaining about the Loud Speaker announcer too last night.
    Although Walsh's system of offense can compensate for lack of talent; however, defense is a different story. According to Walsh, talent on defense was essential and could not be compensated for. What did Walsh do in 1981? He acquired physical and talented players on defense.

Quote Originally Posted by Ravensforce83 View Post
    I like Collinsworth most of the time too. He brings an energy that Garrett just doesn’t have. Jason is like watching paint dry

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    The only funny insight he had was saying Maria looked good. 😊

Blog Entries

Add me to the fans who like Chris Collinsworth. I’ll watch the broadcast later this week.

Quote Originally Posted by Raveninwoodlawn View Post
    I listened to the radio as well. Sandusky had a rough night last night for sure. He's usually pretty good with downs and distance, but he was missing the markers by 5 yards at times. Lot of complaining about the Loud Speaker announcer too last night.
    That's because the refs were disagreeing on down and distance all night

i wanted to listne to the radio broadcast but it was a play behind the TV broadcast. i think Ron Woodson is excellent. tells it like it is and obviously has great experience.

Google Jason Garrett SNF. You will find that he was universally disliked and his commentary is getting a lot of bad press.

Quote Originally Posted by alien bird View Post
    Google Jason Garrett SNF. You will find that he was universally disliked and his commentary is getting a lot of bad press.
    you mean like this from the NY Post?
    https://nypost.com/2023/11/27/sports...with-nfl-fans/

Quote Originally Posted by GeezyRider View Post
    When every single person on the pre-game show picked the Ravens to win, I got a sick feeling in my stomach that lasted until Zay scored the final TD.
    Same.

I expected Garrett to be a disaster but I think he was actually okay. At least, he wasn't offensive.
    And same! I expected to be gringing my teeth every time he opened his mouth, but he was inoffensive.
    He had a LOT of respect for this Ravens team.

I got the black friday deal for peacock mainly to watch the game. went to rewatch this morning and found I couldn't because I didn't add it to my others list or something before the game started. That sucks

When every single person on the pre-game show picked the Ravens to win, I got a sick feeling in my stomach that lasted until Zay scored the final TD. I expected Garrett to be a disaster but I think he was actually okay. At least, he wasn't offensive.
    Same. I had low expectations for Garrett. His analysis was honestly fine. Even insightful at times. He doesn't have the energy/charisma you're looking for from color commentary, but I've seen far worse.