Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

NY Times Playoff Machine

Running through the scenarios; it seems like the most likely outcome is that the Ravens are hosting a wild card game as either the 2nd or 3rd seed, with moderately high odds of getting the 1st seed. They really have to beat the Rams, and the other AFC games, they can afford to drop the 49ers game.

https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/...f-picture.html

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Re: NY Times Playoff Machine

Here's the thing: if Pittsburgh and Baltimore both have the same number of losses between now and January 7, that last game will be for the division.

So what are the odds of Pittsburgh racking up more losses facing ARI, NE, @IND, CIN, and @SEA than the Ravens do while playing LAR, @JAX, @SF, and MIA? Gotta be pretty slim.

Then you have to ask yourself, what are the odds of the Ravens beating Pittsburgh on January 7? I'd like to think pretty good, but they're nowhere near 74% IMO.

There was a question of whether we should be rooting for the Browns or the Steelers. I think that question is pretty well settled, and we should be very glad Cleveland grabbed that W. We still are and should be favored to win the division, but we are going to have win some tough games to do it. I'll be shocked if Pitt has more than five losses coming into Baltimore in January. They'll probably be favored in every game between now and then.
    "Chin up, chest out."

And what sucks is Pittsburgh isn't really a good team. They are living off an opportunistic defense that forces a ton of turnovers.

If Watt gets injured, then the whole team falls.

This site says the Ravens have the most difficult remaining schedule while Pittsburgh has one of the easiest. The Steelers play AZ next at Pittsburgh then other weak teams while the Ravens play the best .https://www.tankathon.com/nfl/remain...edule_strength
    WTF, the Ravens and Steelers finished like within a game of each other last year, but Pittsburgh seems to have a last place schedule.

Quote Originally Posted by GirlsKickButt View Post
    And what sucks is Pittsburgh isn't really a good team. They are living off an opportunistic defense that forces a ton of turnovers.

If Watt gets injured, then the whole team falls.
    Pittsburgh has been extremely lucky too Winning almost all close games. They have actually been outscored by their opposition.

Quote Originally Posted by HotInHere View Post
    Here's the thing: if Pittsburgh and Baltimore both have the same number of losses between now and January 7, that last game will be for the division.

So what are the odds of Pittsburgh racking up more losses facing ARI, NE, @IND, CIN, and @SEA than the Ravens do while playing LAR, @JAX, @SF, and MIA? Gotta be pretty slim.

Then you have to ask yourself, what are the odds of the Ravens beating Pittsburgh on January 7? I'd like to think pretty good, but they're nowhere near 74% IMO.

There was a question of whether we should be rooting for the Browns or the Steelers. I think that question is pretty well settled, and we should be very glad Cleveland grabbed that W. We still are and should be favored to win the division, but we are going to have win some tough games to do it. I'll be shocked if Pitt has more than five losses coming into Baltimore in January. They'll probably be favored in every game between now and then.

I think the Ravens, including the coaches, thrive on the emotion of winning a big game. I just want them in the playoffs, but I'd love to play Steelers in week 18 for the division, and completely obliterate them. I'm talking a 2011 opening day beat down. Let them ride that emotion into the playoffs. And if I'm thinking that's possible (which i really do) then why not face them again as the 2nd seed vs. the 7th seed in the opening round of the playoffs?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by HotInHere View Post

@IND and @SEA are the only possible losses that one can see in their schedule before the Ravens game. However, this is the new NFL. The margin between "bad" and "good" teams is much smaller now, and anything can happen on a given Sunday.

Blog Entries

Cool Re: NY Times Playoff Machine

This is my Playoff Machine :

...and it only costs 25˘. Comes in convenient travel size too :

Never leave home without it... Bc

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by wastnawayagn View Post
    I think the Ravens, including the coaches, thrive on the emotion of winning a big game. I just want them in the playoffs, but I'd love to play Steelers in week 18 for the division, and completely obliterate them. I'm talking a 2011 opening day beat down. Let them ride that emotion into the playoffs. And if I'm thinking that's possible (which i really do) then why not face them again as the 2nd seed vs. the 7th seed in the opening round of the playoffs?
    It would annoy me if the Ravens have clinched the division before that game, because that means Harbaugh will sit all the starters, and the Steelers will get an easy win again on that rivalry ledger. I think the Ravens need to go into the playoffs with a head of steam by soundly beating the Yinzers on that last game.

Quote Originally Posted by Uli2001 View Post
    It would annoy me if the Ravens have clinched the division before that game, because that means Harbaugh will sit all the starters, and the Steelers will get an easy win again on that rivalry ledger. I think the Ravens need to go into the playoffs with a head of steam by soundly beating the Yinzers on that last game.
    Absolutely. Especially if the Steelers are in any kind of win and in scenario. They’d have to treat it like a playoff game. At least I hope they would. Risky but so is playing the Steelers for a third time.

Mt. Arrogance in the middle of the .11 rolling acres of The Windbag Estates

Quote Originally Posted by Maverick Hiker View Post
    This site says the Ravens have the most difficult remaining schedule while Pittsburgh has one of the easiest. The Steelers play AZ next at Pittsburgh then other weak teams while the Ravens play the best .https://www.tankathon.com/nfl/remain...edule_strength
    WTF, the Ravens and Steelers finished like within a game of each other last year, but Pittsburgh seems to have a last place schedule.
    We had the easy part of our schedule earlier. We should be 12-0.

12. Re: NY Times Playoff Machine

Quote Originally Posted by Uli2001 View Post
    @IND and @SEA are the only possible losses that one can see in their schedule before the Ravens game. However, this is the new NFL. The margin between "bad" and "good" teams is much smaller now, and anything can happen on a given Sunday.
    It really wouldn't surprise me if the Cards beat Pitt next week.

Sent from my SM-S916U using Tapatalk