Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: 9-3 at the bye.

Blog Entries

Re: 9-3 at the bye.

Quote Originally Posted by StalkRavenMad View Post
    The Ravens are 9-3 at the bye. While some of us talk about the missed opportunities (3 losses with double digit leads). Some of us feel we are in a great spot. Defense is playing great and the offense has showed signs. How would you grade the season thus far.
    To me it's still a flawed team. They play only one half unless it's a blowout. The defense has been playing much better, and it's the bright spot of this season at this point.

The good news is that all teams in the AFC are flawed.

Quote Originally Posted by BRfan96 View Post
    I do agree with you to a certain extent, when the Ravens have played their best ball they look like they're the best team in the league. It shows on paper and on the field. Their potential is probably greater than any other team in the league.

However, there have been plenty of head scratcher moments for this team, in particular the offense, that I think make the reality for me more like "The Ravens are playing like a top 4 team in football". I say that because I think when the 49ers have looked good and healthy they've looked phenomenal. Although the Eagles have looked a little off all year they still have so much star power on their offense that they still score 27+ points every game it seems like. When the Chiefs have looked good they've done it with fantastic defense, which when paired with the best QB and HC in the game is going to be a problem for anyone.

Can we beat the Jags and Steelers? Yes. no argument there. Can we beat the Chiefs and Eagles and 49ers? I think it's debatable.
    But that's my point. The Chiefs lost t the Broncos who had just given up 70 to the Dolphins.
    The Eagles lone loss was to the Commanders.
    For 3 weeks the 9ers looked like pretenders.
    But because we overly critique our team, all of their flaws are minimal and ours are exaggerated. Just enjoy the ride. A win is hard to come by in thos new NFL of parity.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Jay D83 View Post
    Quite interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by dscola31 View Post
    The funny part is if you go to any of the Steelers or Eagles board's, they're probably celebrating those barely eked out wins.
    I take it you don't know many Eagles fans.
    "Chin up, chest out."

Quote Originally Posted by The Excellector View Post
    And I keep telling people that you can't keep expecting him to do so much of the workload by himself, with questionable play-calling and just okay WRs and expect miracles. 'Oh, we just need our WRs to be decent', people will say. Then, when your QB is in a rut and there's nobody there to make a REAL play for him, he presses. He's always going to press. Because he has to do everything himself, poor play-calling and all.
    Zay made a play for him last night. As did Keaton Mitchell, as did Roquan Smith, and Patrick Queen, as did Clowney. Lamar has been getting help this season. The only game he didn't get much help was the Pitt game. Every other game Lamar hasn't needed to done tue cap.

Quote Originally Posted by Noelle18 View Post
    You can tell a player lost a step when he cheats on snaps. There were a couple of series when they could of called offsides on Stanley
    All great tackles have excellent off. It often looks like their moving early but they literally are getting off whem the ball is moved by the center. Ronnie's been getting off like that a long time.

Mt. Arrogance in the middle of the .11 rolling acres of The Windbag Estates

Quote Originally Posted by ravensfan7716 View Post
    This team should have the best record in the NFL this season and should be undefeated, if anything only really 1 loss.

Poor coaching cost this team 2 wins.

This team is the most balanced team in the NFL. Outside of Andrews it has been relatively healthy most of the year.

This team should be dominating blowing teams out with how well the defense has played, and how much they have held the lead.

Just imagine what this team would look like if they played 4 quarters on offense. They would be destroying teams.

Decosta has put together a solid roster top to bottom this year.
    You love to bash the coaching and are pretending this ream is "relatively healthy most of the year."

Let's see.

Free safety missed games and now playing with one arm.
    Lead back went down in game one.
    LT playing on one leg.
    Best coverage LB in the league hasn't played a down.
    Best CB missed several games.
    Now top 2-3 TE in the league gone for the year.

These aren't ST guys missing times, these are excellent players at premium positions.

Harbaugh makes in-game mistakes but he has the team ready to play each and every game.

Also, it's a new offense that was coming around when Andrews was lost. Now they have to re-tool the car while it's running down the highway.

Quote Originally Posted by HotInHere View Post
    Exactly. Hard to argue with the offensive output when they put up 30+ points in five straight games, but the offense still just doesn't feel consistent. They're not going to score on every drive, and they're not always going to have their A game. But 20 points last night, against possibly the worst D in the league, when you're handed four turnovers.... that's a really poor showing.
    I expected more but this was their first game without their best pass-game weapon.

Quote Originally Posted by WNCRavensFan View Post
    So here are the other relevant AFC teams' games during the bye. Fiddling around with the playoff machine just for Week 13.

KC (8-3) @ GB
    JAX (8-3) vs CIN
    MIA (8-3) @ WAS
    PIT (7-4) vs ARZ
    CLE (7-4) @ LAR

If all five teams win, Baltimore drops to the 4th seed with the 4-way tie at 9-3, one game up on CLE and PIT in the division.

If any of the division leaders loses, Baltimore goes up one spot. I don't know why but it seems the Ravens lose all tie breakers at the moment. The Ravens will play both Jacksonville and Miami, but Kansas City is out of their hands.

Cleveland is absolutely not out of the picture yet. If what I think happens happens and the Rams beat the Browns at home, it'll give us a lot more breathing room. Cleveland then has to play Jacksonville. If they beat the Rams, we want the Jaguars to beat them and, hopefully, the Ravens beat the Jags the following week.

Then there's Pittsburgh with two games at home against Arizona and New England that are as close to cupcakes as you can get. It's hard to expect a scenario where Week 18 won't determine the division.

So enjoy the 1-seed for now; it's likely not going to last through the bye.

The good news is the Ravens would have to collapse to miss the playoffs entirely.
    All of our losses have been in conference.

Quote Originally Posted by The Excellector View Post
    We’re a Wild card team that will win the division because of Lamar, but lose out on the #1 seed because of coaching and a 9 drop game. All of those years of New England and Indy fighting for that #1 seed, they didn't sit on leads. They ran up the score in the fourth. KC will do it if they can, and all of their fourth quarter performances (From all three) were better for it. We have a bad habit of shutting things down in the fourth and when we need to turn it up in the fourth, far more often than not, we can’t, because it doesn’t work that way. It doesn’t work like a light switch.
    Which puts us on a par with every other division winner not in an cake-walk division (see NFCS). The team around Lamar is excellent, overall. About as good as any other team in the NFL.

The 49ers without Purdy, who isn't as good as Lamar, were dog crap. The Bengals without Burrow will wilt away. The Clowns have managed with lesser QB to this point, but I don't think it lasts.

Teams that lose their QB drop off immensely.

Quote Originally Posted by Uli2001 View Post
    To me it's still a flawed team. They play only one half unless it's a blowout. The defense has been playing much better, and it's the bright spot of this season at this point.

The good news is that all teams in the AFC are flawed.
    I don’t see any flaws. Where are the flaws?

Quote Originally Posted by StalkRavenMad View Post
    All great tackles have excellent off. It often looks like their moving early but they literally are getting off whem the ball is moved by the center. Ronnie's been getting off like that a long time.
    Stanley looked good last night. Our Right Tackle was getting burned every play and he had running back helping him.