Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: 9-3 at the bye.

Blog Entries

Re: 9-3 at the bye.

I'd say coaching cost us two losses and drops cost us a third.
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore

We should be at least 11-1 but it is what it is. One of the biggest worries going forward, IMO, is the OL. Both Stanley and Moses looked dreadful last night. If we can't keep people off Lamar more than a nanosecond, we're going to have big problems against the top teams.

It's been a great season. Lamar has played great mostly, receiver corps is off the charts compared to previous years, running back talent is strong. Defense has been excellent getting guys down. The one lingering issue is the same one we've always had in the Lamar era, which is the ability to extend this success to clutch situations. The choking away of leads is one area we see the problem, the rest shows itself with our record in the playoffs in recent years. "Clutch" is not an adjective I would associate with this team which is unfortunate since overall things look very good.

Blog Entries

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by FadeToBlack View Post
    It's been a great season. Lamar has played great mostly, receiver corps is off the charts compared to previous years, running back talent is strong. Defense has been excellent getting guys down. The one lingering issue is the same one we've always had in the Lamar era, which is the ability to extend this success to clutch situations. The choking away of leads is one area we see the problem, the rest shows itself with our record in the playoffs in recent years. "Clutch" is not an adjective I would associate with this team which is unfortunate since overall things look very good.
    And I keep telling people that you can't keep expecting him to do so much of the workload by himself, with questionable play-calling and just okay WRs and expect miracles. 'Oh, we just need our WRs to be decent', people will say. Then, when your QB is in a rut and there's nobody there to make a REAL play for him, he presses. He's always going to press. Because he has to do everything himself, poor play-calling and all.
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore

Quote Originally Posted by The Excellector View Post
    And I keep telling people that you can't keep expecting him to do so much of the workload by himself, with questionable play-calling and just okay WRs and expect miracles. 'Oh, we just need our WRs to be decent', people will say. Then, when your QB is in a rut and there's nobody there to make a REAL play for him, he presses. He's always going to press. Because he has to do everything himself, poor play-calling and all.
    You can keep saying it, but that won’t make it true.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by The Excellector View Post
    It's not a matter of Lamar being clutch and everyone else choking, leading to Lamar pressing. It's that Lamar chokes too. It doesn't mean other players besides Lamar haven't dropped passes or blown coverage assignments or made mistakes that cost us games. It does mean Lamar reflects those same tendencies himself. Ultimately, he will need to at least get into a Super Bowl to really dispel that reputation, because the quarterback does have an overweighted influence on the success of the team as a whole.

Quote Originally Posted by veritas View Post
    We should be at least 11-1 but it is what it is. One of the biggest worries going forward, IMO, is the OL. Both Stanley and Moses looked dreadful last night. If we can't keep people off Lamar more than a nanosecond, we're going to have big problems against the top teams.
    You can tell a player lost a step when he cheats on snaps. There were a couple of series when they could of called offsides on Stanley

I'm so tired of hearing about what this team won't be able to get away with in the playoffs. We've answered every challenge and although we've had a few hiccups, we've literally been the best team on the field in every game this year.

We're 9-3 and in my opinion, the best team in the AFC, yet this board sounds like a funeral.
    The Eagles have played like crap but keep winning.
    The Chiefs have played like crap but continue to win.
    The Steelers have played like crap but continue to win.
    The Jaguars don't scare me at all.

Are you telling me we can't beat these teams?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by dscola31 View Post
    I'm so tired of hearing about what this team won't be able to get away with in the playoffs. We've answered every challenge and although we've had a few hiccups, we've literally been the best team on the field in every game this year.

We're 9-3 and in my opinion, the best team in the AFC, yet this board sounds like a funeral.

Finally!!!! It's absolutely maddening! From these posts, you would think we were the Commanders or something.

Quote Originally Posted by Jay D83 View Post
    Finally!!!! It's absolutely maddening! From these posts, you would think we were the Commanders or something.
    The funny part is if you go to any of the Steelers or Eagles board's, they're probably celebrating those barely eked out wins.

Quote Originally Posted by dscola31 View Post

I do agree with you to a certain extent, when the Ravens have played their best ball they look like they're the best team in the league. It shows on paper and on the field. Their potential is probably greater than any other team in the league.

However, there have been plenty of head scratcher moments for this team, in particular the offense, that I think make the reality for me more like "The Ravens are playing like a top 4 team in football". I say that because I think when the 49ers have looked good and healthy they've looked phenomenal. Although the Eagles have looked a little off all year they still have so much star power on their offense that they still score 27+ points every game it seems like. When the Chiefs have looked good they've done it with fantastic defense, which when paired with the best QB and HC in the game is going to be a problem for anyone.

Can we beat the Jags and Steelers? Yes. no argument there. Can we beat the Chiefs and Eagles and 49ers? I think it's debatable.