Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: 9-3 at the bye.

Re: 9-3 at the bye.

Quote Originally Posted by DonNMass View Post
    That’s a given. How do the Ravens keep him? Is an EDC/Ozzie transition possible, or even warranted? To even Harbs biggest supporters he’ll move along at some point. How long is enough after 16 years? But winning coaches are seldom if ever replaced.
    The question for me is do the Ravens accelerate the timeline and make the decision for him by “promoting” him?
    Mike Mac will have a shot but IMO he doesn't seem like a head coach personality. We'll see how he does if and when he gets that shot. I'm rooting for him.

Quote Originally Posted by DonNMass View Post
    That’s a given. How do the Ravens keep him? Is an EDC/Ozzie transition possible, or even warranted? To even Harbs biggest supporters he’ll move along at some point. How long is enough after 16 years? But winning coaches are seldom if ever replaced.
    The question for me is do the Ravens accelerate the timeline and make the decision for him by “promoting” him?
    Personally I think it's safer to assume the Ozzie/EDC transition is a one in a million occurrence and there is no indication that it can be easily replicated, let alone in a different enviroment (head coach and coordinator)

Someone will sign MacDonald to a head coach position based purely on his ability as a DC.
    It ain't pretty, but it's us.
    AND I'M HERE FOR IT ALL, BABY.

We were getting healthier...

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Valhain View Post
    Personally I think it's safer to assume the Ozzie/EDC transition is a one in a million occurrence and there is no indication that it can be easily replicated, let alone in a different enviroment (head coach and coordinator)

Someone will sign MacDonald to a head coach position based purely on his ability as a DC.
    I wonder how many times the GM transition (the way we did it) has been executed before? We might have pulled off the most successful one in nfl history

Blog Entries

We’re a Wild card team that will win the division because of Lamar, but lose out on the #1 seed because of coaching and a 9 drop game. All of those years of New England and Indy fighting for that #1 seed, they didn't sit on leads. They ran up the score in the fourth. KC will do it if they can, and all of their fourth quarter performances (From all three) were better for it. We have a bad habit of shutting things down in the fourth and when we need to turn it up in the fourth, far more often than not, we can’t, because it doesn’t work that way. It doesn’t work like a light switch.
    Last edited by The Excellector; 11-27-2023 at 12:11 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Baltimore35 View Post
    I wonder how many times the GM transition (the way we did it) has been executed before? We might have pulled off the most successful one in nfl history
    Exactly. You need an incredibly strong and sound organization to pull that one off.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by The Excellector View Post
    We’re a Wild card team that will win the division because of Lamar, but lose out on the #1 seed because of coaching and a 9 drop game. All of those years of New England and Indy fighting for that #1 seed, the didn't sit on leads. They ran up the score in the fourth. KC will do it if they can, and all of their fourth quarter performances (From all three) were better for it. We have a bad habit of shutting things down in the fourth and when we need to turn it up in the fourth, far more often than not, we can’t, because it doesn’t work that way. It doesn’t work like a light switch.
    He's getting paid hundreds of millions of dollars hell yeah we should be winning because of him.

FOH!

If they come calling Macdonald should take the interviews, but he may not be quite polished enough if the cycle happens at the end of this season. It only takes one owner to say yes though, then they just promote Weaver I suppose.

Wouldn’t like losing a good sharp young DC already, but he’s doing a great job and I’m sure people making interview lists are noticing.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Baltimore35 View Post
    Can this be a template for the Ravens even if not for other teams?

Quote Originally Posted by Desert Raven View Post
    If they come calling Macdonald should take the interviews, but he may not be quite polished enough if the cycle happens at the end of this season. It only takes one owner to say yes though, then they just promote Weaver I suppose.

Wouldn’t like losing a good sharp young DC already, but he’s doing a great job and I’m sure people making interview lists are noticing.
    Agree. I think if he wants to be a head coach, he's pretty much guaranteed to find a suitor. That said, he may wish to just enjoy being a coordinator for a couple years before moving on to the next challenge

Quote Originally Posted by FruitPunch View Post
    Agree. I think if he wants to be a head coach, he's pretty much guaranteed to find a suitor. That said, he may wish to just enjoy being a coordinator for a couple years before moving on to the next challenge
    The chance to be a HC in the NFL might not necessarily come every year but being a DC in Baltimore is up there with any other coordinator position as far as being in a position to showcase yourself in 2024 or 2025.

My hope is he doesn't jump at the first dumpster fire franchise that comes calling.

Quote Originally Posted by ravensfan7716 View Post
    This team should have the best record in the NFL this season and should be undefeated, if anything only really 1 loss.

Poor coaching cost this team 2 wins.

This team is the most balanced team in the NFL. Outside of Andrews it has been relatively healthy most of the year.

This team should be dominating blowing teams out with how well the defense has played, and how much they have held the lead.

Just imagine what this team would look like if they played 4 quarters on offense. They would be destroying teams.

Decosta has put together a solid roster top to bottom this year.
    Credit where credit is due. The Browns punched us in the mouth…they earned it.

The other two losses were us.

Blog Entries

Thumbs up Re: 9-3 at the bye.

Quote Originally Posted by EdReed4HOF View Post
    If you had told me before the season that we'd be 9-3 at the bye, I would have taken it for sure. And I'll still take it. We're the number 1 seed in the AFC right now.

However it is frustrating that all 3 our losses came inside the conference and this team could easily be undefeated if not for self inflicted errors and inability to finish.

Both can be true
    What he said... Bc