Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: 9-3 at the bye.

Re: 9-3 at the bye.

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenswintitle View Post
    championship level defense, offense is balanced but still needs to improve
    Exactly. Hard to argue with the offensive output when they put up 30+ points in five straight games, but the offense still just doesn't feel consistent. They're not going to score on every drive, and they're not always going to have their A game. But 20 points last night, against possibly the worst D in the league, when you're handed four turnovers.... that's a really poor showing.
    "Chin up, chest out."

2. Re: 9-3 at the bye.

Let me stop complaining about last night's game. 95% of the NFL fan base wishes they were sitting in the same position as Ravens fans.

Sent from my SM-S916U using Tapatalk

Blog Entries

9-3 speaks for itself. Everything else are “just like opinions man!” lol

As others have said - in August if I was told we'd be 9-3 at the bye and have only 2 non-Lamar major injuries (DK and Andrews), I would have said hell yes.

The defense has been dominating. Pass rush, thought to be a weakness, has been a strength.

Offense has been occasionally spectacular, often maddingly inconsistent.

WORLD CHAMPIONS 2000 * 2012

It's a good position to be in. I know people are frustrated with the offset last night but there are going to be some post Mark Andrews injuries growing pains while they adjust.

So here are the other relevant AFC teams' games during the bye. Fiddling around with the playoff machine just for Week 13.

KC (8-3) @ GB
    JAX (8-3) vs CIN
    MIA (8-3) @ WAS
    PIT (7-4) vs ARZ
    CLE (7-4) @ LAR

If all five teams win, Baltimore drops to the 4th seed with the 4-way tie at 9-3, one game up on CLE and PIT in the division.

If any of the division leaders loses, Baltimore goes up one spot. I don't know why but it seems the Ravens lose all tie breakers at the moment. The Ravens will play both Jacksonville and Miami, but Kansas City is out of their hands.

Cleveland is absolutely not out of the picture yet. If what I think happens happens and the Rams beat the Browns at home, it'll give us a lot more breathing room. Cleveland then has to play Jacksonville. If they beat the Rams, we want the Jaguars to beat them and, hopefully, the Ravens beat the Jags the following week.

Then there's Pittsburgh with two games at home against Arizona and New England that are as close to cupcakes as you can get. It's hard to expect a scenario where Week 18 won't determine the division.

So enjoy the 1-seed for now; it's likely not going to last through the bye.

The good news is the Ravens would have to collapse to miss the playoffs entirely.

Blog Entries

Mike Mac is going to be a head coach...

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

Quote Originally Posted by WNCRavensFan View Post
    I don't know why but it seems the Ravens lose all tie breakers at the moment. The Ravens will play both Jacksonville and Miami, but Kansas City is out of their hands.
    Our conference record is the worst of all those teams. All three of our losses are to AFC teams, the other division leaders have at least one NFC loss. The Colts and Steelers games are likely going to prevent us from getting #1 seed.

Quote Originally Posted by ravensfan7716 View Post
    This team should have the best record in the NFL this season and should be undefeated, if anything only really 1 loss.

Poor coaching cost this team 2 wins.

This team is the most balanced team in the NFL. Outside of Andrews it has been relatively healthy most of the year.

This team should be dominating blowing teams out with how well the defense has played, and how much they have held the lead.

Just imagine what this team would look like if they played 4 quarters on offense. They would be destroying teams.

Decosta has put together a solid roster top to bottom this year.
    This is the National Football League. Trams aren't blowing teams out every week. Teams make adjustments. There is parity I'm this league, which is a good thing. If we can stay healthy we'll be ok.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenswintitle View Post
    Mike Mac is going to be a head coach...
    That’s a given. How do the Ravens keep him? Is an EDC/Ozzie transition possible, or even warranted? To even Harbs biggest supporters he’ll move along at some point. How long is enough after 16 years? But winning coaches are seldom if ever replaced.
    The question for me is do the Ravens accelerate the timeline and make the decision for him by “promoting” him?

Quote Originally Posted by DonNMass View Post
    That’s a given. How do the Ravens keep him? Is an EDC/Ozzie transition possible, or even warranted? To even Harbs biggest supporters he’ll move along at some point. How long is enough after 16 years? But winning coaches are seldom if ever replaced.
    The question for me is do the Ravens accelerate the timeline and make the decision for him by “promoting” him?
    I personally think that wouldn't be a bad move just kick Harbaugh upstairs he can sit next to Ozzie

Sent from my Pixel 6 Pro using Tapatalk
    Way Down South in New Orleans

By the way it's still possible to have an eight-way tie in the AFC at 12-5.