Page 5 of 27 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
Results 49 to 60 of 318
  1. #49

    Re: Harbaugh outcoach by Staley

    Quote Originally Posted by RevBarnes View Post
    Harbaugh does a lot of things right. He's a very good coach. But there are time when his tactical decision making process seems to lack sound judgement. I am not sure if the issue is not having a good grasp of when to take risks and when to consolidate gains. But in other ways, e.g. having the team ready to take the lead, he is great.
    You guys are truly amazing. Harbaugh has a more well routed understanding of risk than any coach in the league, and it is not particularly close now that Belichick has in recent years fallen more on his "feel" of a situation. I know this all comes down to you guys being so results oriented that you cannot fathom that a decision is correct even if it goes poorly.

    For example, that pass has been called forward in that same scenario since the beginning of time. The only time I cannot remember an official throwing a flag on that is the Tennessee miracle game. The officials almost always see that as going forward at least a tiny bit. I can't imagine one person not wanting him to challenge in that situation.

    Also far too many of you are attaching blame to him for Monken's struggles in 3rd and 4th and short. The head coach can always stress certain concepts but it will almost always fall to the coordinator to make the play calls, and these is an area we really need to improve going forward.





  2. #50

    Re: Harbaugh outcoach by Staley

    Quote Originally Posted by smoothSeph View Post
    Does he think his excuses make him look better? How are you the head coach and don’t get confirmation of a spot before running your next play?

    And does he think we’re idiots? 4th and 1 plays look a lot different than 1st and 10. We know you’re calling 4th and 1 plays, they’re BAD 4th and 1 plays.
    I mean if you are actually a Ravens fan, you know not to take everything he says at press conferences with a grain of salt. He is rarely going to let you know how he feels unless it's to prove something to the team. He still denies understanding analytics when you look at his charts his decision making is the highest +ev in the league.





  3. #51

    Re: Harbaugh outcoach by Staley

    I take it this is now the time that everyone whining about Harbaugh not being able to close out games on defense goes away right? I mean if you are going to slam the guy for giving up leads this would be a nice time to say there was massive improvement from the defense on the final drives of the game.





  4. #52
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Frederick, MD
    Posts
    60,948
    Blog Entries
    4

    Re: Harbaugh outcoach by Staley

    Quote Originally Posted by 757RavensFan View Post
    Harbs response on not challenging Agholor completion! Can't believe he actually said this out loud.

    "The Lamar run, I'd say no [we didn't consider challeging]. We could see that one. It did look short to us. The Agholor one, we thought was a first down in all honesty. We thought it was ruled a first down and we thought it was a first down. It wasn't until the next play that we realized it was short."

    Sent from my SM-S916U using Tapatalk
    Lamar said the same thing on the sideline.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.





  5. #53
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    South Florida
    Posts
    64,425
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Harbaugh outcoach by Staley

    Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    Lamar said the same thing on the sideline.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    yep he also liked the play call balance, but always threads on harbs


    Baltimore forced four turnovers while the offense was balanced with 197 yards rushing and 177 passing.
    “Our defense was playing lights out all night. I feel like if we can keep our offense balanced, we can put points on the board,” Jackson said.

    World Domination 3 Points at a Time!





  6. #54

    Re: Harbaugh outcoach by Staley

    Yea his deep throws were still crap, Harbs really needs to work on those the next one he completes will be the first one
    Quote Originally Posted by The Excellector View Post
    He made Brandon Staley look competent. That takes doing.





  7. #55

    Re: Harbaugh outcoach by Staley

    Quote Originally Posted by balbomb View Post
    You guys are truly amazing. Harbaugh has a more well routed understanding of risk than any coach in the league, and it is not particularly close now that Belichick has in recent years fallen more on his "feel" of a situation. I know this all comes down to you guys being so results oriented that you cannot fathom that a decision is correct even if it goes poorly.

    For example, that pass has been called forward in that same scenario since the beginning of time. The only time I cannot remember an official throwing a flag on that is the Tennessee miracle game. The officials almost always see that as going forward at least a tiny bit. I can't imagine one person not wanting him to challenge in that situation.

    Also far too many of you are attaching blame to him for Monken's struggles in 3rd and 4th and short. The head coach can always stress certain concepts but it will almost always fall to the coordinator to make the play calls, and these is an area we really need to improve going forward.
    Of course, if Harbaugh isn't exactly lined up with the play he has really no idea if it's a forward pass or not and has to rely on a coach in the booth. Yes, it's his decision to challenge it or not but he has to go with other people info. It's a gut decision at best.....................coach might have said it's "50/50" and probably you get that call 50% of the time if not more.

    This whole "this performance isn't going to work in the playoffs" is just silly......a futile exercise. It's said over and over that this is a..........week to week league. You just never know, players get injured players get healthy. This offensive line looked good early in the season and now looked not so good. They may come around again by the end of the season and might be playing at a different level. This team was good enough to win against the Chargers this week and on the road.

    That Charger defense answered the bell. They rallied around their embattled coach. The Ravens offense has scored 30 points or more in 5 straight games and the Charger defense held them to 20. They pressured Jackson all night. Nope, the game wasn't pretty but the Ravens won, could very easily be 11-1 and has little to do with Harbaugh or Monken them not being 11-1.

    What more do you want from this team? They are at the top of the AFC.......... a top of the AFC North, Jackson is in the MVP discussion, We have receivers who can actually play, the best running game in the league, one of the best defenses in the league, one of the best organizations in the league and we got some goof ball posting stuff like...........Flowers 5 catches 25 yds lol............huh? Next week he may break the century mark. Many of you were clamoring for Mitchell to get more carries.........IMO he got to many, you have to pick your spots with a back like Mitchell. He weighs about a buck 85, he isn't the strongest back on the field.......maybe the fastest. You need to get him in space to use that speed.

    This is a really good team, They won a game when things were not cooking. The Chargers were rising to the challenges of their embattled HC. The Ravens go in to their bye week in pretty good shape, players are getting healthy and ready to make the stretch run. Just wait and see what they do in the playoffs, if they are one and done I will be right there with you screaming my bloody head off.

    We won........that really is the only thing that matters in the NFL........just win baby
    Always buying Antique and vintage items......





  8. #56
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Atlanta
    Posts
    9,194
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Harbaugh outcoach by Staley

    Quote Originally Posted by ThankyouArt! View Post
    Of course, if Harbaugh isn't exactly lined up with the play he has really no idea if it's a forward pass or not and has to rely on a coach in the booth. Yes, it's his decision to challenge it or not but he has to go with other people info. It's a gut decision at best.....................coach might have said it's "50/50" and probably you get that call 50% of the time if not more.

    This whole "this performance isn't going to work in the playoffs" is just silly......a futile exercise. It's said over and over that this is a..........week to week league. You just never know, players get injured players get healthy. This offensive line looked good early in the season and now looked not so good. They may come around again by the end of the season and might be playing at a different level. This team was good enough to win against the Chargers this week and on the road.

    That Charger defense answered the bell. They rallied around their embattled coach. The Ravens offense has scored 30 points or more in 5 straight games and the Charger defense held them to 20. They pressured Jackson all night. Nope, the game wasn't pretty but the Ravens won, could very easily be 11-1 and has little to do with Harbaugh or Monken them not being 11-1.

    What more do you want from this team? They are at the top of the AFC.......... a top of the AFC North, Jackson is in the MVP discussion, We have receivers who can actually play, the best running game in the league, one of the best defenses in the league, one of the best organizations in the league and we got some goof ball posting stuff like...........Flowers 5 catches 25 yds lol............huh? Next week he may break the century mark. Many of you were clamoring for Mitchell to get more carries.........IMO he got to many, you have to pick your spots with a back like Mitchell. He weighs about a buck 85, he isn't the strongest back on the field.......maybe the fastest. You need to get him in space to use that speed.

    This is a really good team, They won a game when things were not cooking. The Chargers were rising to the challenges of their embattled HC. The Ravens go in to their bye week in pretty good shape, players are getting healthy and ready to make the stretch run. Just wait and see what they do in the playoffs, if they are one and done I will be right there with you screaming my bloody head off.

    We won........that really is the only thing that matters in the NFL........just win baby
    ALL. OF. THIS!

    Winning is not just one thing, it's the ONLY THING! This fanbase always gets pissed when the Ravens don't win the way they want them to.





  9. #57

    Re: Harbaugh outcoach by Staley

    This thread heading should have been, “Harbaugh outcoached by Mike McDonald”. Because save for one blown coverage early, the defense was on fire all night and pretty much hit the override button to cover up all of Horriblah and Monkey’s poor decisions.





  10. #58

    Re: Harbaugh outcoach by Staley

    Quote Originally Posted by The Excellector View Post
    He made Brandon Staley look competent. That takes doing.
    100% THIS!





  11. #59

    Re: Harbaugh outcoach by Staley

    Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    I don’t think Staley outcoached Harbaugh at all.

    However, this was one of the worst coaching performances I’ve seen from the Ravens in a long time.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Lets be real, Harbaugh has never set that bar very high.

    We just saw what he has to offer.

    Poor clock management
    Poor challenges
    Missed opportunities
    Zero in game understanding or adjustments.





  12. Re: Harbaugh outcoach by Staley

    Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    Lamar said the same thing on the sideline.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    So no one noticed the down marker didn't change or they didn't move the chains to indicate a new set of downs?

    Come on!!!

    Sent from my SM-S916U using Tapatalk





Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Link To Mobile Site
var infolinks_pid = 3297965; var infolinks_wsid = 0; //—->