Page 15 of 27 FirstFirst ... 1314151617 ... LastLast
    Blog Entries

Re: Harbaugh outcoach by Staley

Quote Originally Posted by Raveninwoodlawn View Post
    Harbaugh has his faults, but this thing of playing down to the level of competition...all teams do this at times. And you don't get to have the 3rd highest point differential if it happens so consistently compared to the rest of the league. Look at the scores and losses of these other teams compared to ours.
    I'll say this: Harbaugh wasn't out-coached. I was there; they have real talent on the Chargers team. That is the epitome of an underperforming coach in Staley. If they had the right guy, the Chargers would be scary good.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Silver View Post
    I'll say this: Harbaugh wasn't out-coached. I was there; they have real talent on the Chargers team. That is the epitome of an underperforming coach in Staley. If they had the right guy, the Chargers would be scary good.
    Jim Harbaugh…… or the OC from Detroit

Quote Originally Posted by Goode05 View Post
    Jim Harbaugh…… or the OC from Detroit
    ...or Belichick

WORLD CHAMPIONS 2000 * 2012

Mt. Arrogance in the middle of the .11 rolling acres of The Windbag Estates

Quote Originally Posted by ravensfan7716 View Post
    You think Josh Dobbs is a good QB ? I sure as hell dont .

They barely won that game, their defense gave Ravens offense fits the whole game.

My comment on Cardinals pertained to another poster who was arguing that beating a 2 win Cardinals team was some type of accomplishment. It was not.
    Winning any NFL game is an accomplishment. The other guys are getting paid as well.

Quote Originally Posted by camdenyard View Post
    ...or Belichick
    That would be a fascinating and possibly scary experiment. His teams never underperformed.

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenswintitle View Post
    Itís the same ones that pounded the table and said they have to trade for Josh Jacobs or Henry
    Eh, I liked the idea of trading for Henry because I thought he could be had for a low pick. I also have issue with Harbaugh's TO and challenge use. But I also believe he is an excellent coach and top 5, maybe 3, in the NFL.

There is also value in not having constant turmoil. The team is stable and when Harbaugh does retire this job becomes VERY attractive to prospective HCs. You don't disturb that stability when a guy has issues in one area. You suggest he hire some help there.

Quote Originally Posted by Nobellythrower View Post
    Any small mistake lamar makes this forum criticizes, harbaugh has a talented roster and this script is getting old , one score games against bad teams, I'm seeing tomlin with a significantly far less talented roster one game back from 1st in the afc north
    And yet if you go a Steelers forum right now you will see a similar band of Tomlin haters to compare to our Harbaugh haters. Let that soak in.

Quote Originally Posted by xiao_ke View Post
    Can this person also tell Harbaugh when they've made an idiotic play call like that wildcat play with Lamar standing on the sideline. Call a timeout if you have to, but don't the Ravens go through with the play.
    I didn't like it either, too cute by half. But Monken called that.

Quote Originally Posted by SquidKing7 View Post
    I think the title of this thread is stupid.

That being said, there is an interesting tidbit with Michael Lombardi on the Pat Mcafee show. They are talking about the head coach turnover in the league and how projections are currently saying that 7-10 head coaching vacancies will be open. They were specifically talking about the Panthers, who keep firing head coaches.

Lombardi mentioned that these NFL teams need a team builder, roster developer for a head coach.... not just a coordinator.

I'm a software engineer at a Fortune 500 and I do have to lead teams and initiatives at times. I'm not the best software engineer technically speaking but I've made a good career out of setting expectations, communicating, doing good enough engineering and supporting others. Some extremely talented and smarter engineers are fantastic at engineering, at a small scale, when they don't have to work with others... but not so great at leading or collaborating with others...so it pigeonholes their careers sometimes.

I draw a lot of parallels between NFL hierarchy and corporate hierarchy... but that's just me.
    Because real life work environments (not academia or the government) involve teams where individuals pull their weight in various specialties, some more valuable (due to the work combined with a limited talent pool) than others, but all needed to perform at a certain level for success.

Quote Originally Posted by camdenyard View Post
    ...or Belichick
    I think his act has grown stale but who knows.

Quote Originally Posted by ravensfan7716 View Post
    Why is it the Browns shut out the Cardinals but the Ravens barely walked away with a win?

Cowboys 43-20 over the Rams
    Broncos 24-9 over the chiefs
    Titans 27-3 over the Bengals
    Bills 48-20 over Dolphins

Just to name a few . Teams are beating other teams handily every week.

This nonsense (harbaugh has his team ready to play is so laugablly ridiculous). If that was the case, this team would not have so many bad second half games, and he would not be leading the league over the past two seasons on 4th quarter losses after holding the lead.

If he always had his team ready, then they would be prepared for more than 2 quarters per game. That is entirely my point.
    You really just listed 4 blowouts as a sample size explanation that there are tons of blowouts. Please work on your math skills.

Cardinals easily beat the cowboys a top 5 team with Dobbs. Obv the difference between ravens and browns was dobbs was no longer there.

In terms of having teams ready, since they are so rarely blown out they will naturally have some disgusting losses due to the nature of how nfl scores populate.

But this is more middle school math that you choose to ignore.

Quote Originally Posted by SquidKing7 View Post
    I think the title of this thread is stupid.

That being said, there is an interesting tidbit with Michael Lombardi on the Pat Mcafee show. They are talking about the head coach turnover in the league and how projections are currently saying that 7-10 head coaching vacancies will be open. They were specifically talking about the Panthers, who keep firing head coaches.

Lombardi mentioned that these NFL teams need a team builder, roster developer for a head coach.... not just a coordinator.

I'm a software engineer at a Fortune 500 and I do have to lead teams and initiatives at times. I'm not the best software engineer technically speaking but I've made a good career out of setting expectations, communicating, doing good enough engineering and supporting others. Some extremely talented and smarter engineers are fantastic at engineering, at a small scale, when they don't have to work with others... but not so great at leading or collaborating with others...so it pigeonholes their careers sometimes.

I draw a lot of parallels between NFL hierarchy and corporate hierarchy... but that's just me.
    Such a great point. My best friend is an engineer. He is very smart but regularly tells me he often feels dumb when talking specifics with the guys under him. He is a great team builder and has risen at a crazy pace because he has leadership skills that very few natural engineers have. Lombardi is one of the great teachers when it comes to culture and team building. Rarely will the guy that draws up the best plays make for the best head coach, despite what madden fantasy football or posters on here tell you