Page 1 of 27 123 ... LastLast

Harbaugh outcoach by Staley

Bye was needed. Coaches, players need to get it together, but harbaugh needs to pick it up or its gonna show in the playoffs.

Re: Harbaugh outcoach by Staley

So how did Staley out coach him though I don’t understand.

Yea I disagree. Not challenging the two missed first downs was bad and the 3rd and three run to hill could be questioned given the result but they adapted on the next possession- and given the pressure Mack was getting I can see not wanting to drop Lamar back in that situation

Quote Originally Posted by Desert Raven View Post
    So how did Staley out coach him though I don’t understand.
    He told Harbaugh when and when not to throw challenge flags

Harbs didn't get outcoached. Harbs made 3 dumb decisions when it came to challenging and not challenging plays. Staley just put one more nail is his coffin. He can't win in close games and can't win in general.

Blog Entries

He made Brandon Staley look competent. That takes doing.
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore

I was the OG Monken train conductor before we even hired Roman.

This was the worst game Monken has called for Baltimore. It was really bad. And Harbs picked the only challenge he wouldn't win to throw the red flag. Our non-defensive coaches out thought themselves all day and were saved by the defense and a couple big plays (which they don't always make in these situations). And I'm not one to usually blame coaching, but the struggle today was very much coaching (and awful O Line play). But we won, we've hit the late bye, and we are 9-3. Learn from it and let's go.

Quote Originally Posted by Nobellythrower View Post
    Bye was needed. Coaches, players need to get it together, but harbaugh needs to pick it up or its gonna show in the playoffs.
    Nonsense

Quote Originally Posted by Shrubbs View Post
    I was the OG Monken train conductor before we even hired Roman.

This was the worst game Monken has called for Baltimore. It was really bad. And Harbs picked the only challenge he wouldn't win to throw the red flag. Our non-defensive coaches out thought themselves all day and were saved by the defense and a couple big plays (which they don't always make in these situations). And I'm not one to usually blame coaching, but the struggle today was very much coaching (and awful O Line play). But we won, we've hit the late bye, and we are 9-3. Learn from it and let's go.
    All Monken for me as well. They've been so good going quick on short yardage that it's hard for me to second guess in the moment. He probably had 2 seconds to decide to kill the play and throw the flag

10. Re: Harbaugh outcoach by Staley

Monken was terrible…. Like jaw dropping horrific. Ravens should have scored 35+ points and he was the main reason they did not.

Quote Originally Posted by Knox Harrington View Post
    Monken was terrible…. Like jaw dropping horrific. Ravens should have scored 35+ points and he was the main reason they did not.
    I can't imagine on 4th and inches taking Lamar Jackson off the field. Like talk about getting too cute. Ugh.

Harbaugh was out coached by himself. Oh and Monken called a really bad game. Abandoning the run during way too many drives