Page 2 of 83 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Re: Flacco to sign with Browns

Quote Originally Posted by Eastern_Shore_Fan View Post
    I think he starts within 2 weeks
    Yes

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sure, he threw for 300 yards against the Ravens on 59 passes. That's 5.2 yards per pass. He threw a bad INT, and only scored a TD in garbage time. Over 100 of those yards were after the game was already over. He looked terrible in that game. Maybe he does play, but it's only because the Browns don't have a legitimate backup anymore.

I do agree that it's a good thing that the Browns and Steelers are right on the Ravens heels. They need to keep playing at a high level entering the playoffs.

Blog Entries

If Flacco were still able to play he'd have been on the Jets, a team that knows him and has seen him up close, weeks ago.

Are we really referencing Week 1 well over a year ago where it too Joe 59 passes to get to 309 yards as some indicator that the guy is still any good? What are we doing here guys?

I hope the Ravens do play them in the postseason. They needed a literal perfect half from their QB to beat us by 2 points. They aren't getting that from Joe Flacco in 2023.
    back on twitter

"Well that was an appropriate last ride for Pees. A Bengals WR streaking in for a game winning touchdown in the closing minutes is the manís preferred medium to express his art." - GreenWave52

Good for Joe, I'd love to see him win a playoff game as long as it's not against the Ravens

Westminster OG, now behind enemy lines in NE
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by InigoMontoya View Post
    Sure, he threw for 300 yards against the Ravens on 59 passes. That's 5.2 yards per pass. He threw a bad INT, and only scored a TD in garbage time. Over 100 of those yards were after the game was already over. He looked terrible in that game. Maybe he does play, but it's only because the Browns don't have a legitimate backup anymore.

I do agree that it's a good thing that the Browns and Steelers are right on the Ravens heels. They need to keep playing at a high level entering the playoffs.
    And the Jets had a bad O-line that year if I recall correctly. The Browns are out their starting tackles but they are fighting their asses off (plus it seems like the NFL is OK with some forms of holding now). That gives Joe a chance and if he only has to worry about a few regular season games and the playoffs with a line that can keep him upright plus a smothering defense - that seems like his ideal scenario.

I wish Joe well personally, but I don't want to see Joe winning with the Browns.

Quote Originally Posted by Bhcforlife View Post
    If Flacco were still able to play he'd have been on the Jets, a team that knows him and has seen him up close, weeks ago.

Are we really referencing Week 1 well over a year ago where it too Joe 59 passes to get to 309 yards as some indicator that the guy is still any good? What are we doing here guys?

I hope the Ravens do play them in the postseason. They needed a literal perfect half from their QB to beat us by 2 points. They aren't getting that from Joe Flacco in 2023.
    I don't know about that. Salah despises Joe. I think he said he didn't want Joe back even as a PS player.

We'll see though...

Blog Entries

Unless they get to January, where he transforms into Joe Montana...

Westminster OG, now behind enemy lines in NE
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Silver View Post
    Unless they get to January, where he transforms into Joe Montana...
    That's what everyone fears and the Browns want to tap into

Blog Entries

Salah hates Flacco. They had huge issues last season. The problem was when Joe was benched he didn't go quietly. Remember he was only playing because Wilson was recovering from a torn minisus. Once Wilson was able to play he took over and the passing offense was a lot worse. Flacco kept on saying he was better and telling players he should be starting even while the team was winning under Wilson. Flacco was undermining his coach. The next time Wilson got hurt the Jets started Mike White. They even moved Chris Streveler above Flacco on the depth chart and he played half a game.

Salah didn't want Flacco in the first place. The GM Joe Douglas was the scout with the Ravens who found and pushed for Flacco in the 2008 draft. They have always been very close. When Wilson got hurt in the preseason Salah traded for Flacco who was with the Eagles. Flacco was good with it because it was a shot to prove himself and play which he didn't have with the Eagles. Remember he signed with the Eagles and made headlines by saying he wasnt there to mentor Hurts. He was there to be the starting QB which of course wasn't the case.

Flacco might be in a different head space after not getting signed for most of the season. I do think though he is better than the other QBs the Browns have. He's not good but better with that defense might be enough to win some games.

This feels just like The Browns wanting to give the Ravens giant middle finger.

Of all the QBS available, they setting on Flacco out of nowhere? Maybe Joe has the best resume but it just seems like a dick move by the Browns

Wentz
    Matt Ryan
    Colt Mccoy
    Nick Foles
    Will Grier
    Trace Mcsorely
    Matt Barkley

Blog Entries

I think Flacco had opportunity to sign elsewhere this offseason. IIRC i read some teams asked and he basically said no thanks and was waiting for the "right" situation. AKA he wanted to be playing, not sitting, and was willing to sit out until that happened. I dont think thats odd for an older QB. frankly if he was telling Salah he was better than Wilson and could give them a chance to win, he was right. Id say Salah's ego got the better of him on that one, they clearly were better with Flacco than everything else they threw out there last year.
    -JAB

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Culex View Post
    It's just Joe. He is harmless.
    Ah, but is he "armless?"... Bc

this will cement his elite status