Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Re: Win the AFC North

Quote Originally Posted by ReedInTheWind View Post
    Y’all are crazy if you think anybody but the Ravens is winning this division now
    Indeed. The rest of the north looks done. Burnt like a $2 steak

Quote Originally Posted by 2bynight View Post
    I'm more concerned about the Browns then the Steelers. Their D makes them competitive even with a backup.
    And January Joe might be starting for them by then! I’m more concerned about the Browns than the Steelers as well. Garrett is a monster. And if Joe has the opportunity to play against Lamar in the playoffs, he’s going to be out for blood.

Quote Originally Posted by cbaywolf View Post
    And January Joe might be starting for them by then! I’m more concerned about the Browns than the Steelers as well. Garrett is a monster. And if Joe has the opportunity to play against Lamar in the playoffs, he’s going to be out for blood.
    Lmfaooo!

Quote Originally Posted by Mmcclend View Post
    Lmfaooo!
    You guys will win the division hands down!

Quote Originally Posted by redmike34 View Post
    Fair play... but that was as close as you like.

They can still sweep the Bengals, and if they do they're 4-1 in the division, meaning that even if we beat them week 18, our division records are still equal.
    What did you see today that would lead you to believe Pitt is capable of running the table?

Quote Originally Posted by Mmcclend View Post
    Lmfaooo!
    Hahaha that was hilarious.

Quote Originally Posted by cbaywolf View Post
    Did you see Hoe play last season. Joe is DONE

Quote Originally Posted by StalkRavenMad View Post
    What did you see today that would lead you to believe Pitt is capable of running the table?
    Caveat up front; I haven't run this projection out in a rigidly disciplined form, so I might be wrong, but I'm 90% sure the below is correct.

They don't have to run the table. They just have to sweep Cincinnati in order to ensure that they can't lose the division tiebreaker.

If they arrive at week 18 with one less loss than the Ravens, even if the Ravens win the game we're going to the common opponents tiebreaker, and I don't know how that ends up. In this case, with the Ravens winning the game, we'd have equal overall and division records, so it goes to third tiebreaker.

If they arrive at week 18 on even losses, it's winner takes all.

If they arrive at week 18 with one more loss than the Ravens, if they win the game they win the division with their 5-1 division record.

Basically, if the above is correct AND if the Steelers sweep Cincy, the only scenario in which the Ravens have clinched the division before week 18 is if we get there with two-plus fewer losses than Pitt has. If you think we're not going to lose some of @SF, @Jax, and Miami, you're a lot higher on this team than I am.

The above obviously ignores what the Browns do, which I haven't looked at.

Blog Entries

Originally Posted by ReedInTheWind
    Y’all are crazy if you think anybody but the Ravens is winning this division now
    Quote Originally Posted by Culex View Post
    Indeed. The rest of the north looks done. Burnt like a $2 steak
    While I am confident we will win the AFCN, don't make it look like a cake walk. The Browns are just 1/2 game behind us, both teams are 3 - 2 in the division, but the Browns have a better AFC record (5 - 2 to 5 - 3). Had we beaten them two weeks ago, I'd agree with you guys, but now we are ahead by the slimmest of margins. Let's hope they lose to the rejuvinated Broncos, while we make short work of the Chargers (both games 11/26). That would give the Ravens breathing-room going into our BYE, while they face the Rams in L.A... Bc
    Last edited by BcRaven; 11-20-2023 at 09:59 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by redmike34 View Post
    Caveat up front; I haven't run this projection out in a rigidly disciplined form, so I might be wrong, but I'm 90% sure the below is correct.

They don't have to run the table. They just have to sweep Cincinnati in order to ensure that they can't lose the division tiebreaker.

If they arrive at week 18 with one less loss than the Ravens, even if the Ravens win the game we're going to the common opponents tiebreaker, and I don't know how that ends up. In this case, with the Ravens winning the game, we'd have equal overall and division records, so it goes to third tiebreaker.

If they arrive at week 18 on even losses, it's winner takes all.

If they arrive at week 18 with one more loss than the Ravens, if they win the game they win the division with their 5-1 division record.

Basically, if the above is correct AND if the Steelers sweep Cincy, the only scenario in which the Ravens have clinched the division before week 18 is if we get there with two-plus fewer losses than Pitt has. If you think we're not going to lose some of @SF, @Jax, and Miami, you're a lot higher on this team than I am.

The above obviously ignores what the Browns do, which I haven't looked at.
    Here's the breakdown of the common games tiebreak: Not counting games against each other, there are 3 "uncommon games" this year vs. teams in AFCW, AFCE, and NFCN.....worse record in "uncommon games" = better record in common games:

STEELERS are currently 2-0 in "uncommon games (at Raiders, vs. Packers) with 1 to play (vs. Patriots)
    RAVENS are currently 1-0 in "uncommon games (vs. Lions) with 2 to play (@Chargers and vs. Dolphins)

Blog Entries

How much of a horror show would it be if January Joe beats us in the play offs lmao

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by leachisabeast View Post
    How much of a horror show would it be if January Joe beats us in the play offs lmao
    That should get Harbaugh fired.

No I'm not joking.