Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast

Re: Win the AFC North

Quote Originally Posted by VermontRaven View Post
    Ravens win 3 of 5 (including Pitt Week 18) + Clev loses at least 2 more games + Pitt loses 1 game before Week 18 matchup
    This seems like the most realistic path to me. Win the three home games, finish 12-5. I think there is a good chance four teams—KC, BAL, JAX, MIA—all finish with 12 wins. Ravens would have head-to-head advantage >Dolphins but <Jags. Chiefs also beat Dolphins this year.

Ravens would be 4-2 in their division. Chiefs have head-to-head > Jags and > Phins and are currently 3-1 in their division, with a chance to go 5-1 if they beat LV at home on Christmas and @ LAC on 1/7. I have to think they are in the best position to land the #1 seed and play at home throughout.

Jags are 4-1 in their division now, and I am assuming they get a win > BAL, with just an away tilt @ Tenn to end the year. I have to think they are a likely #2 seed, with the Ravens a 3-seed, to face the lowest ranked team at home in the WildCard week. If all that happened the way I am handicapping it, that is.
    "That's what."
    — She

Quote Originally Posted by Shas View Post
    This seems like the most realistic path to me. Win the three home games, finish 12-5. I think there is a good chance four teams—KC, BAL, JAX, MIA—all finish with 12 wins. Ravens would have head-to-head advantage >Dolphins but <Jags. Chiefs also beat Dolphins this year.

Ravens would be 4-2 in their division. Chiefs have head-to-head > Jags and > Phins and are currently 3-1 in their division, with a chance to go 5-1 if they beat LV at home on Christmas and @ LAC on 1/7. I have to think they are in the best position to land the #1 seed and play at home throughout.

Jags are 4-1 in their division now, and I am assuming they get a win > BAL, with just an away tilt @ Tenn to end the year. I have to think they are a likely #2 seed, with the Ravens a 3-seed, to face the lowest ranked team at home in the WildCard week. If all that happened the way I am handicapping it, that is.
    I mostly agree except I am more fearful of Dolphins than Jags (even though Jags is at Jacksonville ). I have the degree of difficulty for remaining games ranked from most difficult to least difficult:

At 49ers
    Vs Dolphins
    At Jags
    Vs Steelers
    Vs Rams

Breaking down the AFC North, Ravens are likely to lose tiebreaks to Steelers and Browns if they lose Week 18….and still may lose even with a win.

REMAINING SCHEDULES
    Ravens: BYE, vs. Rams, at Jags, at 49ers, vs. Dolphins, vs. Steelers
    Steelers: vs. Cardinals, vs Patriots, at Colts, vs. Bengals, at Seahawks, vs. Ravens
    Browns: at Rams, vs. Jags, vs Bears, at Texans, vs Jets, at Bengals

So, here are the paths that I can see to the division title for the Ravens:

Ravens win out

Ravens win 4 of 5 (including PItt Week 18) + Clev loses at least 1 more game
    Ravens win 4 of 5 (with loss to PItt Week 18) + Clev loses 1 more game + Pitt loses 1 more game
    Ravens win 3 of 5 (including Pitt Week 18) + Clev loses at least 2 more games + Pitt loses 1 game before Week 18 matchup
    Ravens win 3 of 5 (with loss to PItt Week 18) + Clev loses 2 more games + Pitt loses 2 more games

Ravens win 2 of 5 (including PItt Week 18) + Clev loses at least 3 more games + Pitt loses 2 more games before Week 18 matchup
    Updating with losses by Browns and Steelers (and Chiefs)....here’s breakdown of how Ravens can win division

Ravens win out (also would guarantee 1 seed—but VERY unlikely with their brutal scheduled
    Ravens win 4 of 5 —--Ravens guaranteed division win—guaranteed 2 seed or better if 2 of those wins are Jax and Miami (1 seed if beat those 2 and KC loses 1 more)
    Ravens win 3 of 5 + Clev loses at least 1 more game + Pitt loses 1 game
    Ravens win 2 of 5 (including PItt Week 18) + Clev loses at least 2 more games + Pitt loses 1 more games before Week 18 matchup
    Ravens in 2 of 5 (but lose to Pitt week 18) + Clev loses at least 2 more games + Pitt loses 2 more games----Note Ravens would have tiebreaker over Bengals (h2h) even if by some miracle they won out.

Blog Entries

Taking 'em one at a time. If we beat the Rams (in Baltimore), assuming the Steelers will beat the (awful) Patriots, and the Jags take care of the Browns, the result : We would still have a two game lead on the Steelers, and a three game lead on the Browns, with only four games to play. In that case, which seems realistic to me, only the Steelers could snatch the AFCN crown from us. I hope their game with us, on January 7th, is meaningless at that point... Bc

There was a magazine called MAD way back when. Alfred E. Newman's catch phrase was "What, Me Worry?"

I'm not worried. We come off the by week and just take care of business. We at least make the playoffs.

BTW the Bengals looked OK last night. The Steelers are the Steelers. Never know what you're going to get each week.

Let them fight it out for 2-4. Here's hoping the Steelers play poorly in Week 18.

Quote Originally Posted by BcRaven View Post
    Taking 'em one at a time. If we beat the Rams (in Baltimore), assuming the Steelers will beat the (awful) Patriots, and the Jags take care of the Browns, the result : We would still have a two game lead on the Steelers, and a three game lead on the Browns, with only four games to play. In that case, which seems realistic to me, only the Steelers could snatch the AFCN crown from us. I hope their game with us, on January 7th, is meaningless at that point... Bc
    That's much more in doubt now, pending Lawrence's status.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Dale View Post
    There was a magazine called MAD way back when. Alfred E. Newman's catch phrase was "What, Me Worry?"

I'm not worried. We come off the by week and just take care of business. We at least make the playoffs.

BTW the Bengals looked OK last night. The Steelers are the Steelers. Never know what you're going to get each week.

Let them fight it out for 2-4. Here's hoping the Steelers play poorly in Week 18.

My High School graduation picture... Bc

Blog Entries

That's much more in doubt now, pending Lawrence's status.
    Vt, man you said it! I saw the video of the play and it looks ugly. Since we do play the Jags in two weeks, the Ravens may benefit too... Bc

The AFC can still have 10 teams finish at 11-6

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by WNCRavensFan View Post
    Wow. Parity really is the name of the game.

I think it really boils down to the Ravens taking care of their own business. I truly hope that by week 17 the Ravens (and us fans) aren't scoreboard watching and praying that other teams lose. The way I see it, if the Ravens win 3 of their last 5 then that will be enough to win the AFC North. Best case scenario- Baltimore wins every game before the final week and then Huntley & co beat the Steelers. Badly. One can hope...

Blog Entries

Originally Posted by WNCRavensFan
    With the Steelers losing to the (2 - 10) Cardinals last week, and the (2 - 10) Patriots tonight, they've fallen to 7 - 6. Seems doubtful that they will win their last four in a row. Get ready to scratch them off the possible "11 - 6" list.. Bc