Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Win the AFC North

This is looking like a tall order for the Ravens. They're a better team than the squealers, yes. But the Ravens' remaining schedule is brutal, while that team from west Pennsylvania has everything going for them (again)- weak schedule, very winnable division games with Burrow & Watson out, and they only have one more West Coast trip, while the Ravens have 2 more.

That mysteriouso game @ pittsburgh where everyone forgot how to catch- that could loom large when pitt comes to the Bank on Jan 7. Its unfortunately quite realistic that the squealers could be 12-4 by then. To win the AFCN, the Ravens would also need to be 12-4 AND win that game.

BAL must take care of business vs the Chargers and Rams. If they drop even one of those games, it may well be a WC postseason for the Ravens. That 3-game stretch vs JAX, SF, and MIA- in December when Divisions are at stake...that's going to be rough. It's very unlikely they'll go 3-0 then.

We'll see how it plays out. Go Ravens!

Re: Win the AFC North

Week 18 looks like its gonna be an AFCN showdown for the division

Steelers are going to drop a few games. I am going out on a limb and say the Browns will beat them tomorrow. That defense and run game will beat them tomorrow.

Quote Originally Posted by Culex View Post
    Week 18 looks like its gonna be an AFCN showdown for the division
    After last week the way Steeler fans acted I will hate that team forever.

Quote Originally Posted by StalkRavenMad View Post
    Steelers are going to drop a few games. I am going out on a limb and say the Browns will beat them tomorrow. That defense and run game will beat them tomorrow.
    They well may drop some games, but the pertinent question is, will they drop more than we do?

Pitt still has four division games to play. Division record is the tiebreaker after actual record, and if they sweep Cin and Cle they will own that tiebreaker; even if the Ravens beat them week 18, the only way the Ravens can win the division is having a better overall record. Even if they drop one of the Ohio games and the Ravens win week 18, that just means they're both 4-2 in the division and it goes to the common opponents tiebreaker. I'm not sure how that plays out, but their losses are to Niners, Texans and Jags, while Ravens are to Colts, Browns and Steelers. All of those will be common opponents by season's end, so too early to tell how that will play out.

Ravens really need Steelers to start losing games, and preferably division games. Ravens really did Pitt a favor knocking out Watson and Burrow for the year. If the Steelers sweep those games, IMO it's gonna be very hard for the Ravens to win the division.

Will Gronkowski sign with the Ravens ?

Quote Originally Posted by cec327 View Post
    Will Gronkowski sign with the Ravens ?
    Can he still play?

Quote Originally Posted by redmike34 View Post
    They well may drop some games, but the pertinent question is, will they drop more than we do?

Pitt still has four division games to play. Division record is the tiebreaker after actual record, and if they sweep Cin and Cle they will own that tiebreaker; even if the Ravens beat them week 18, the only way the Ravens can win the division is having a better overall record. Even if they drop one of the Ohio games and the Ravens win week 18, that just means they're both 4-2 in the division and it goes to the common opponents tiebreaker. I'm not sure how that plays out, but their losses are to Niners, Texans and Jags, while Ravens are to Colts, Browns and Steelers. All of those will be common opponents by season's end, so too early to tell how that will play out.

Ravens really need Steelers to start losing games, and preferably division games. Ravens really did Pitt a favor knocking out Watson and Burrow for the year. If the Steelers sweep those games, IMO it's gonna be very hard for the Ravens to win the division.
    As of right now, the Steelers need 2 wins just to catch Balt and then drop less games overall. I don't ser that happening. I fully expect a loss to the Browns, Seahawks, Cardinals, and Ravens. That puts them at 10-7 at best. I think the Ravens get to at least 11 this season

Quote Originally Posted by redmike34 View Post

Steelers have a 0% chance to sweep the division. They aren't going to beat the Browns. Their luck will run out soon.

Quote Originally Posted by StalkRavenMad View Post
    Steelers have a 0% chance to sweep the division. They aren't going to beat the Browns. Their luck will run out soon.
    I agree that the Steelers probably won't SWEEP the division. But if they're 12-4 going into the Jan 7 game, and the Ravens are 11-5, it won't matter if they lose. They'll still take the AFCN.

The Ravens have the difficult task of going 4-1 by that Jan 7 game. Even if they accomplish that, they'll have to beat the stelers. Seems easy enough, but maybe something will happen that gives the stelerss the win- like all Ravens receivers forgetting how to catch a football.

Don't get me wrong- I would LOVE to see the stilers drop 2 games before January. But let's be real- that probably won't happen. It just won't. It's less about hoping the stlrs will lose and much more about hoping the Ravens take care of business. A true contender team doesn't depend on their opponent losing. A true contender wins the games they have to win. If the Ravens lose against the Chargers and/or Rams then they really don't deserve the AFCN crown.

If the Ravens don't win the division, someone should be fired. No one will be fired though sadly

I think it's highly unlikely the Steelers are 12-4 going into Week 18. They are just not a good football team and just because the schedule is "easy" doesn't mean we should pencil them in for a win every game. They are more likely to go .500 the rest of the way