Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Re: Tuck is 1/5 this season on FGs of 50 or more

Quote Originally Posted by ravens82 View Post
    I wonder if he's not as confident he'll have the range on long kicks, so he's angling them more to guarantee they get there. That would mean they are flying lower, leading to higher likelihood of blocks.
    I don't think Tuck is lacking confidence or range. It was bad protection this time.

He's missed 4 FGs this year. Two from very long range (61, 59), one was blocked from long range (55) and the other 53 which is generally very makeable.

Otherwise he's been perfect on FGs.

This dude is still money.

WORLD CHAMPIONS 2000 * 2012

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by partlycloudy View Post
    I know the miss today was a block, but let's talk about it. He's been a very, very average kicker this season. I no longer have the same confidence when he's sent out for attempts over 50 yards (strictly over 50, he's still money within 50). Do we think this is the start of a sustained decline, or temporary dip?
    Well, when I said a few weeks ago it was a cause for concern, I was told how stupid I was for even suggesting it.

Blog Entries

There is a lot to complain about with this team, but Tucker is not one of them! his misses have been from 61, 59, 55 (Blocked) and I can't remember the other one. Nothing to worry about here with the person that is kicking the ball!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Jay D83 View Post
    Well, when I said a few weeks ago it was a cause for concern, I was told how stupid I was for even suggesting it.
    And the OP was told how stupid this topic still is by multiple people. That's because Kicker is as low as it gets when it comes to concern for a position.

Blog Entries

Iím not listening! Iím not listening! La la la la la la la la la

6. Re: Tuck is 1/5 this season on FGs of 50 or more

Tucker is having an off year but yesterday was not his fault. Ben Cleveland got overpowered. The Browns made some great plays though.
    The wife put her hand on her knee for healing and the husband on his crotch.

Wife: "Husband the pastor can only do healing miracles, not raise the dead!"

Quote Originally Posted by partlycloudy View Post
    I know the miss today was a block, but let's talk about it. He's been a very, very average kicker this season. I no longer have the same confidence when he's sent out for attempts over 50 yards (strictly over 50, he's still money within 50). Do we think this is the start of a sustained decline, or temporary dip?
    I don't know if Tucker is on a decline although he's not his usual accurate self. There could be reasons for his misses. Maybe it's the LS, the conditions, his age, the OL play, or a combination.

Let's play out the season, bring him back next season and see if he improves or decline. Hopefully it's just an off season for him.

BTW there is an interesting prospect from Stanford. Maybe we can bring him in for a tryout in PS.

Quote Originally Posted by simplesimon View Post
    Tucker is having an off year but yesterday was not his fault. Ben Cleveland got overpowered. The Browns made some great plays though.
    Thatís what I was thinking. Ben Cleveland was 100% at fault.

Quote Originally Posted by camdenyard View Post
    I don't think Tuck is lacking confidence or range. It was bad protection this time.

He's missed 4 FGs this year. Two from very long range (61, 59), one was blocked from long range (55) and the other 53 which is generally very makeable.

Otherwise he's been perfect on FGs.

This dude is still money.
    Like the OP said, he's money under 50. It's a small sample size, but he hasn't been money over 50 this year. Maybe it's bad blocking, maybe his leg isn't quite as strong, I don't know. But I agree his kicking is the least of the Ravens concerns.

10. Re: Tuck is 1/5 this season on FGs of 50 or more

I had a lingering feeling that this year was going to be bad for the kicking game as soon as I heard Nick Moore was injured working out during the Summer. Yesterday's blocked kick might have been off anyway (aside from Ben Cleveland being a turnstile), since Tyler Ott also provided a high & outside snap to Jordan Stout. Ott coming in late made him the third different LS since 2020. Stout hasn't even been the Holder for two whole seasons yet.

I yearn for the days of nearly a decade consisting of Morgan Cox snapping to Sam Koch the unsung hero Holder & Tucker booming it through. Those memorable moments were not so long ago, yet they are long gone, just like Tucker's leg from beyond 50 rapidly seems to be all of the sudden this season. Still, all of the aforementioned observations HAVE to account for some adverse impact on 'Optimus Nine', no?

JT is still the most accurate FG kicker in NFL history, but his hold on this distinction is by the tinniest margin.

Currently he is 380 for 422 => 90.05 %

Younghoe Koo is second at 89.94 %

If JT misses his next attempt, he'll fall to 89.83% Hopefully JT does not miss again this season.

Data from https://www.pro-football-reference.c...erc_career.htm which is up to date, as of yesterday's games.

I'm wondering was Cleveland on the left side, when the Steelers blocked the punt, this year?
    I seem to remember another blocked FG, too. In the Colts game? My memory may be shot, but it seems like there is has been a jail break on the left side of the OL.

Anyway, every one of these ST blunders has been a harbinger of doom for us. My heart sunk when it happened Sunday.