Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Tuck is 1/5 this season on FGs of 50 or more

I know the miss today was a block, but let's talk about it. He's been a very, very average kicker this season. I no longer have the same confidence when he's sent out for attempts over 50 yards (strictly over 50, he's still money within 50). Do we think this is the start of a sustained decline, or temporary dip?

Blog Entries

Re: Tuck is 1/5 this season on FGs of 50 or more

Quote Originally Posted by partlycloudy View Post
    I know the miss today was a block, but let's talk about it. He's been a very, very average kicker this season. I no longer have the same confidence when he's sent out for attempts over 50 yards (strictly over 50, he's still money within 50). Do we think this is the start of a sustained decline, or temporary dip?
    Decline. I have been saying all year he isn't the kicker he was.

Tucker's having a bad season from 50+. For now, being it's the first time and he's still kinda young (as far as kickers go), I'll leave it at just a bad season.

Blog Entries

He's not feared anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Silver View Post
    He's not feared anymore.
    Unfortunately true. Matt Gay came into Baltimore and outdueled him from 50+, and other kickers are having more success from distance this year than him. Before it was "get to midfield and we get 3" and that's no longer the case.

I hope it's a temporary dip because for his standards, it's been a bad year.

If the baseball nerds can measure launch angle, exit velocity, and a host of other objective and independent factors indicative of performance then isn't something similar available to NFL nerds for kickers? Do we really have to eyeball decline? Can't the issue be pretty much settled with data?

Today I saw what looked like a bad block by Ben Cleveland.
    Was the kick lower than it ought to have been?
    Did Tucker take more time to approach the kick?

He's not feared anymore.
    I disagree, he missed 2 FGs (one in Cincy and another vs the Colts), but overall, he hasnít had enough opportunities because the Ravens have been blowing teams out. Week one he killed it, against the Colts he killed it, itís been a quiet year for him.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Decline. I have been saying all year he isn't the kicker he was.
    Tucker's still good, but I can't say he's clearly the best kicker in the NFL this season. Tucker is the GOAT kicker, but there's a chance his reign at the top is over. In kicker years Tucker is still relatively young and I'm hoping he reclaims the crown.

Not sure what you want him to do about the browns player already having beat his man before JT even kicks it

Wow. Of all things to complain/worry about, Tucker is waaay down the list for me.

WORLD CHAMPIONS 2000 * 2012

Blog Entries

Eh, time waits for no man, but I donít think heís losing it yet. I do think with this defense you should err on the side of caution and probably punt more in these long FG scenarios.

Quote Originally Posted by Bhcforlife View Post
    Eh, time waits for no man, but I don’t think he’s losing it yet. I do think with this defense you should err on the side of caution and probably punt more in these long FG scenarios.
    Or maybe his OC/QB could run something other than your normal slow-developing plays on 3rd and whatever and avoid taking sacks that take the team out of FG range.

But yeah, I was all for pinning them inside the 10 there.

WORLD CHAMPIONS 2000 * 2012