Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Blog Entries

Re: Understanding Monken's impact

Quote Originally Posted by Dirt1 View Post
    Receivers routinely run wide open in Monken’s offense. That hardly ever happened when Roman was the OC. That, and the fact that the Ravens are getting to the line much sooner so are running more offensive plays and can still run the ball effectively without depending on Lamar to run the ball are the biggest differences that I have seen. Monken is a far better OC than Roman was.
    Have you noticed that we still have a bunch of in the red snaps getting hiked at 1 sec left? hot sure if deliberate of still some issues, but the play sure is getting in a lot faster.
    at one point of my life I was exactly Pi years old

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Rxdoxx View Post
    Have you noticed that we still have a bunch of in the red snaps getting hiked at 1 sec left? hot sure if deliberate of still some issues, but the play sure is getting in a lot faster.
    I have only noticed that happening when the Ravens have had the lead in the second half of games. I have no problem with running the clock down in those situations, but in the flow of their normal offense, Lamar is getting time to survey the defense and call audibles, which there was never time to do under Roman.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    “When the sea was calm, all ships alike showed mastership in floating.”- William Shakespeare

Receivers routinely run wide open in Monken’s offense. That hardly ever happened when Roman was the OC. That, and the fact that the Ravens are getting to the line much sooner so are running more offensive plays and can still run the ball effectively without depending on Lamar to run the ball are the biggest differences that I have seen. Monken is a far better OC than Roman was.

How much of the running success do you attribute to the relative health/talent on the OL and in the backfield?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by jonboy79 View Post
    How much of the running success do you attribute to the relative health/talent on the OL and in the backfield?

A good bit, but I have never thought that an offense that depends on the QB running to be successful is a good run offense. Lamar juking guys out of their cleats is not evidence of a great run offense scheme. I much prefer how the Ravens offense is functioning now. IMO, Harbaugh keeping Roman around for as long as he did slowed down Lamar’s development as a passer.

“When the sea was calm, all ships alike showed mastership in floating.”- William Shakespeare

A good bit, but I have never thought that an offense that depends on the QB running to be successful is a good run offense. Lamar juking guys out of their cleats is not evidence of a great run offense scheme. I much prefer how the Ravens offense is functioning now. IMO, Harbaugh keeping Roman around for as long as he did slowed down Lamar’s development as a passer.

Fair, but I think the Roman scheme kept getting Lamar one on one looks where when he hiked out a player he was off to the races untouched. His long runs seemingly have all but disappeared, despite primarily re-using his run game and grafting on an NFL level passing scheme.

That said( the read option usage is much reduced and that was where these mathematical advantageous long runs were typically borne of.

Quote Originally Posted by ERey View Post
    Good stuff. Never dawned on me to pull a guard on a pass play. I can see how the linebackers would be fooled.
    Smart Football by Chris Brown ▪︎ April 23, 2012
    https://smartfootball.com/passing/a-...r-pull-a-guard
    “A very wise coach once told me, ‘If you really want play-action, you better pull a guard'.”
    The quote is from former Stanford and current San Francisco 49ers offensive coordinator Greg Roman, from the video clip below. And it’s absolutely true. While much is rightfully made about whether a quarterback does an effective job of selling a run fake on play-action, the reality is that the offensive line plays just as big of a role in convincing a defense that a play is a run. Indeed, the play-action pass is probably the best weapon offenses have, one far too often underutilized by modern spread offenses. As Bill Walsh once explained ...

Blog Entries

Fair, but I think the Roman scheme kept getting Lamar one on one looks where when he hiked out a player he was off to the races untouched. His long runs seemingly have all but disappeared, despite primarily re-using his run game and grafting on an NFL level passing scheme.

That said( the read option usage is much reduced and that was where these mathematical advantageous long runs were typically borne of.

I don’t need Lamar to have long runs. Lamar can fall out of bed and rush for 40 yards per game without taking serious hits running wide near the end zone and on scrambles to move the chains. That is plenty of running for me from my QB. I love the fact that the Ravens finally have better WRs and an NFL passing scheme. Lamar is showing everyone that he can read defenses and be a very effective passer.

The Ravens need a RB1 to replace Dobbins. Maybe Mitchell is that guy, but I have my doubts about his durability. I love Gus, but to me, he is more of a complimentary RB2. Add a RB1 to this offense and use Flowers more downfield and this offense will really take off.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Shrubbs View Post
    Great video thanks for sharing Shas!
    Add my to that too... Bc

I don’t need Lamar to have long runs. Lamar can fall out of bed and rush for 40 yards per game without taking serious hits running wide near the end zone and on scrambles to move the chains. That is plenty of running for me from my QB. I love the fact that the Ravens finally have better WRs and an NFL passing scheme. Lamar is showing everyone that he can read defenses and be a very effective passer.

The Ravens need a RB1 to replace Dobbins. Maybe Mitchell is that guy, but I have my doubts about his durability. I love Gus, but to me, he is more of a complimentary RB2. Add a RB1 to this offense and use Flowers more downfield and this offense will really take off.

He used to be able to fall out of bed and rush for 100 yards and barely get touched..,

Keaton Mitchell is not nor ever will be a RB1….

I very much so prefer this new pass scheme.

Blog Entries

Glad we didn’t cut Ricard for $1m in net cap savings prior to the season like the bulk of the board wanted to.

Guilty.

Quote Originally Posted by Iamjacks View Post
    FIFY
    My bad. Thanks.

GO RAVENS

Monken use of Ricard has been excellent, forcing teams into their Base defense then spreading them out and attacking it has been well executed.

They haven't become predictable at running to his side or putting Ricard in sitatuions he shouldn't be in, like Slot WR.
    Mike MacDonald should be our head coach next season

If Youre gonna say I said something, Quote me cause yall be lying.