Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Understanding Monken's impact

Check out this breakdown of the Ravens offense versus the Lions defense as presented by Colt McCoy. I found it to be very insightful.

The Lions like to play eight in the box, but it's cool to see how the Ravens forced them to stay in that package and destroy them with the routes. It's at the far end of the spectrum for what the Ravens offense can be, accordingly, but still interesting to see how they worked it.

And man, the versatility of Ricard keeps popping up the more you watch the experts break down what they are doing. At one point you'll see how Ricard is basically playing left tackle against Hutchinson, solo, and stuffing him.
    "That's what."
    — She

Re: Understanding Monken's impact

Glad we didn’t cut Ricard for $1m in net cap savings prior to the season like the bulk of the board wanted to.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Blog Entries

Good stuff. Never dawned on me to pull a guard on a pass play. I can see how the linebackers would be fooled.

Great video thanks for sharing Shas!

Bateman with a pancake!

TBH- We won't understand the true impact of Monken's offense until we get to (and hopefully all the way through) January. We've been down this road before, where the offense was phenomenal in 2019. We all saw what happened after that regular season.
    This year- the offense is #6 overall in scoring and has the NFL's top rushing game. Passing is about average though. Not too different from 2019- Spectacular rushing but about average passing.
    For argument's sake- let's assume this year's squad locks up the division and earns a high postseason seed. Quite realistic, IMO. Monken's challenge is to show that he can excel in the postseason and adjust to teams that will likely stifle the rushing game and force him to design a dynamic passing attack. Personally, I feel more confident in his ability to do this than Roman. We'll see.

Until then, I'm enjoying the heck out of seeing the Ravens dominate against top-tier NFC teamd. Let's hope they continue to do this against CLE, CIN, and beyond.

Go Ravens!

I've believed it from the time Todd signed on to be the OC that he was a good choice. His background says it all. The offense is still a work in progress. He's still learning the players strengths and weaknesses and how to utilize them. He's still learning the other teams defenses and how to adjust to them. It's all a work in progress.

As some have said it's a work in progress and the best is yet to come. I agree with him vs previous OCs in that he has much more in his bag of tricks. We can expect more in the future than what we have seen so far. It will all come down to execution. With practice comes improvement with the end goal to be perfect. Never going to happen but that's the end goal.

We should go far this season as long as we stay healthy. We are trending up. We have the talent and coaching. The window's open for a deep run.

Thank you Todd. I hope you stay around for awhile.

Westminster OG, now behind enemy lines in NE
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by RVA7 View Post
    TBH- We won't understand the true impact of Monken's offense until we get to (and hopefully all the way through) [strike] January[/strike] February . We've been down this road before, where the offense was phenomenal in 2019. We all saw what happened after that regular season.
    This year- the offense is #6 overall in scoring and has the NFL's top rushing game. Passing is about average though. Not too different from 2019- Spectacular rushing but about average passing.
    For argument's sake- let's assume this year's squad locks up the division and earns a high postseason seed. Quite realistic, IMO. Monken's challenge is to show that he can excel in the postseason and adjust to teams that will likely stifle the rushing game and force him to design a dynamic passing attack. Personally, I feel more confident in his ability to do this than Roman. We'll see.

Until then, I'm enjoying the heck out of seeing the Ravens dominate against top-tier NFC teamd. Let's hope they continue to do this against CLE, CIN, and beyond.

Go Ravens!
    FIFY

Westminster OG, now behind enemy lines in NE
    Blog Entries

https://youtu.be/lVBeBEarv-w?feature=shared

5:45

It was at this point where we realized that John Reglarperson is actually Todd Monken

Who would have guessed it*?

I still think that way too many of you give John Reglarperson way too much of a hard time. But when you are ahead of the curve it's hard for those who are behind the curve to understand you.

*No, I don't think John Reglarperson is actually Todd Monken - lol

It's obvious Monken knows football, he a grizzled old veteran football guy. Monken IMO will go down as Harbaugh's best hire of his career. The Ravens have always played sound defense........most of the time. The difference in this years team above ANY other team we've had in the past is the creativeness and execution of that offense. IMO Monken will be the catalyst that gets John over the proverbial hump to get in the HOF. I am not sure how Monken would interview for a HC job, today's owners always want the next young stud.......Monken doesn't fit that mold. This offense is full of veterans, even Lamar is a 5 year veteran and his area most improved this season has been his maturity. Not sure how Monken would work with a player like OBJ in his prime.

This Ravens team and this offense has special written all over it. I don't want to get to far ahead of myself.........these next two weeks have developed in to a true test of the regular season. What's been different with this offense......and defense for that matter is that this team is dictating what they want to do and forcing the other team to be reactive to what we do instead of dictating to the Ravens what they want the Ravens to do. The video illustrates this perfectly. They do it on defense as well with their blitz schemes and stunts.

Cleveland is going to come in this week with a ton of confidence.......as well as they should. They boast NFL's #1 defense, the Ravens are going to take exception to that and want to prove they are the best defense in the NFL. This game is going to be a slobber knocker. BTW........I think Watson taps out before the game ends. This game could be the beginning of the end for Watson in Cleveland. If the Ravens lose this game it won't be because of Watson, the Ravens defense will not let Watson beat them. Ravens get 4 more sacks and a ton of pressure on Watson. No Chubb.....no starting tackles.......IMO the Browns offense has no chance.
    Always buying Antique and vintage items......

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ThankyouArt! View Post
    This game is going to be a slobber knocker. BTW........I think Watson taps out before the game ends. This game could be the beginning of the end for Watson in Cleveland..
    Good point, not sure it is the beginning of the end for Watson, he has saddled Cleveland with a fully guaranteed contract,
    but I think the factory of sadness may return to full production there.

@Shas
    Excellent find, thank you. We may be seeing something unbelievably special if Todd can keep it up
    at one point of my life I was exactly Pi years old

Blog Entries

Understanding Monken's impact

Receivers routinely run wide open in Monken’s offense. That hardly ever happened when Roman was the OC. That, and the fact that the Ravens are getting to the line much sooner so are running more offensive plays and can still run the ball effectively without depending on Lamar to run the ball are the biggest differences that I have seen. Monken is a far better OC than Roman was.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    “When the sea was calm, all ships alike showed mastership in floating.”- William Shakespeare