Quote Originally Posted by Ravens4Real View Post
    Man, love this team and their commitment to dudes that are made of straw
    Lmao!

Re: Ojabo placed on IR

Thank you, EDC. 😐

Quote Originally Posted by ShadeRaven View Post

10 years of 2nd round picks. Yucky
    Wow that is awful. They have got to stop being absolute booty cheeks with their second round picks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sheesh only two results there, good and injured, or bad and gone.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Iamjacks View Post
    You called this 100% BcRaven - nailed it. This is one of the times you HATE to be right.

I personally was trying to give it the benefit of the doubt, but for me it's another hard lesson to learn.

Don't draft AARP men (Kafusi was the lesson for me, I despised the Hayden Hurst pick - definitively SHOULD have been the lesson for the Ravens but hopefully they got it now). If they didn't like Derwin James' injury history fine - they should have taken Ridley.

Don't draft injured guys high who need an NFL red shirt year based on potential - Ojabo and Kolar - same draft. Kolar isn't re-injured but got benched (inactive) for drops.

Maybe I don't know what I'm talking about here - can anyone name a player that worked out with a redshirt first year?

Can anyone name three across the league?

Jaylon Smith didn't even work out for the cowboys. He was OK the just two years then faded and was gone.

It's not just about the overall player either it's about the lost effect on the roster that first year, you lose out on the highest value that player will ever have a super cheap first year when they should be their healthiest ever.

After this Ojabo pick, I can't see ever picking another Injued player in round 1 or 2, it's just not worth it from an organizational development and design standpoint nor is it for the effect on the team playing - especially the first year.

Even drafting BPA who you don't really need would be a smarter choice. That missing first year is intolerable. That second round pick could have even be traded for a first the next year or a second plus a third or something you could use to trade for a good pass rusher. Hell! Even just be Ozzie and just get a big D-lineman. Still better off.

No old guys
    No red shirt guys as high round picks

I don't care if it was a freak Ojabo injury and was not his fault or predictable - that missed year last year KILLED THE TEAM last year. Pickens would have meant a playoff victory even with Snoop. This IMHO was EDC biggest professional mistake. He will pass it off as taking a shot that didn't work. This is as bad as Kamali Correa or Bronson Kafusi.

I don't think EDC should be crucified for it but he needs to learn the lesson and NEVER repeat it.
    Speaking of nailing it, you just did the same (a) When a player loses his rookie year, even if "he would've been a top-10 pick", he also misses out on OTAs, training camp, the regular season, and too many practices to count. He virtually comes in cold, but is now expected to play at a high level. (b) It also means you've passed up on a healthy player who could help your team right away, even if not at the hypothetical high-level of the injured player you passed on. George Pickins is a prime example.
    If EDC repeats it, then he should be sharply criticized. Here's what a very wise man said about the subject :

A GM can be successful or err when drafting, that's a toss-up, but IMO he's surely being careless using a high draft choice on a severely injured player and expecting grand results down the line.
    To me, the exception is using a late round pick (example = Voorhees in the 7th round of 2023)... Bc

Blog Entries

It’s official, he is now a true Baltimore Raven.

Blog Entries

On a sidenote, Van Noys just been in camp like three days and he’s going to play. I remember JPP was 10 days but this may be a record.

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

It's a matter of time until Clowney goes down. I'm hoping that Ojabo to IR means Bowser and Oweh are coming back next week. Robinson or Moon as replacement or rotational players is not good

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenswintitle View Post
    On a sidenote, Van Noys just been in camp like three days and he’s going to play. I remember JPP was 10 days but this may be a record.
    Don't forget that Kenyon Drake was in camp for only a couple of days before he played last week.

Only Brown and Correa were bad. The rest battled injuries

Quote Originally Posted by BcRaven View Post
    Sorry to sound like a broken record, but I didn't want to draft him in the first place. I do not like using high draft choices on players who they say "will perform like a 1st rounder next season." How the He!! do they know? I hope he comes back and makes me eat those words, but to lose 15 of 17 games in his rookie year, and now only play in 3 more (on IR with no end in sight) just solidifies my NFL Draft stance... Bc
    It seems as though if a guy has had a major injury or history of injuries then the Ravens will draft him. Sounds like the last two years all over again. We wil get the watch the Chiefs again in the Super Bowl.

I think it's simple. No more drafting project edge rushers who have never gotten a sack in college and no more guys with major injury issues in college. That would be a good start for future drafting. Oweh and Ojabo were both sucky and dumb picks. EDC is so hit or miss in his drafts.