Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Re: Ojabo placed on IR

Quote Originally Posted by WrongBaldy View Post
    let Lamar cook
    It’s going to be rough for Lamar tomorrow and we all know it.

Quote Originally Posted by Mmcclend View Post
    Same shit different year.

@jeffzrebiec
    So the Ravens RB group Sunday will be Gus Edwards, Justice Hill and Melvin Gordon. At WR, they’ll have Zay Flowers, Nelson Agholor, Devin Duvernay and Laquon Treadwell. At OLB, it will be Jadeveon Clowney, Jeremiah Moon, Tavius Robinson and Kyle Van Noy.
    Every sentence got worse as you keep reading lol

Quote Originally Posted by Iamjacks View Post
    Officially a busted pick - we can definitively call it now

Pickens was the correct pick, even if you factor in the AF-hole-Diva-M/F factor
    I agree Ojabo doesn't seem like a good pick. I disagree wirh Pickens. Chances are we don't draft Flowers thia yeae id we had Pickens, and I honestly think Pickena is gonna have meltdown sooner or later.

Westminster OG, now behind enemy lines in NE
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by BcRaven View Post
    Sorry to sound like a broken record, but I didn't want to draft him in the first place. I do not like using high draft choices on players who they say "will perform like a 1st rounder next season." How the He!! do they know? I hope he comes back and makes me eat those words, but to lose 15 of 17 games in his rookie year, and now only play in 3 more (on IR with no end in sight) just solidifies my NFL Draft stance... Bc
    You called this 100% BcRaven - nailed it. This is one of the times you HATE to be right.

I personally was trying to give it the benefit of the doubt, but for me it's another hard lesson to learn.

Don't draft AARP men (Kafusi was the lesson for me, I despised the Hayden Hurst pick - definitively SHOULD have been the lesson for the Ravens but hopefully they got it now). If they didn't like Derwin James' injury history fine - they should have taken Ridley.

Don't draft injured guys high who need an NFL red shirt year based on potential - Ojabo and Kolar - same draft. Kolar isn't re-injured but got benched (inactive) for drops.

Maybe I don't know what I'm talking about here - can anyone name a player that worked out with a redshirt first year?

Can anyone name three across the league?

Jaylon Smith didn't even work out for the cowboys. He was OK the just two years then faded and was gone.

It's not just about the overall player either it's about the lost effect on the roster that first year, you lose out on the highest value that player will ever have a super cheap first year when they should be their healthiest ever.

After this Ojabo pick, I can't see ever picking another Injued player in round 1 or 2, it's just not worth it from an organizational development and design standpoint nor is it for the effect on the team playing - especially the first year.

Even drafting BPA who you don't really need would be a smarter choice. That missing first year is intolerable. That second round pick could have even be traded for a first the next year or a second plus a third or something you could use to trade for a good pass rusher. Hell! Even just be Ozzie and just get a big D-lineman. Still better off.

No old guys
    No red shirt guys as high round picks

I don't care if it was a freak Ojabo injury and was not his fault or predictable - that missed year last year KILLED THE TEAM last year. Pickens would have meant a playoff victory even with Snoop. This IMHO was EDC biggest professional mistake. He will pass it off as taking a shot that didn't work. This is as bad as Kamali Correa or Bronson Kafusi.

I don't think EDC should be crucified for it but he needs to learn the lesson and NEVER repeat it.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Iamjacks View Post
    Officially a busted pick - we can definitively call it now

Pickens was the correct pick, even if you factor in the AF-hole-Diva-M/F factor
    He’s played 4 games…

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by purple_city39 View Post
    The WRs don't bother me much, even Treadwell will be motivated to play really well. He wants to make it so the Ravens can't send him back to the PS. Nelson has had almost better production than Flowers.

The running backs aren't awesome but tolerable, but you still fear fumbles every time Gordon touches the ball. But hopefully he's like Jacoby Jones and just needed out of Denver and is a new man.

OLB I don't even want to think about it.

Blog Entries

I agree Ojabo doesn't seem like a good pick. I disagree wirh Pickens. Chances are we don't draft Flowers thia yeae id we had Pickens, and I honestly think Pickena is gonna have meltdown sooner or later.
    That's the counter argument, but maybe last year we go much farther in the playoffs. Maybe win the superbowl. Maybe Roman is still here.

OK I'm going to buy your argument now.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by WrongBaldy View Post
    let Lamar cook
    His cape may be the only thing that works

Man, love this team and their commitment to dudes that are made of straw

Still better than last year.

Drafting a player with a serious injury in the second round is beyond idiotic.

10 years of 2nd round picks. Yucky
    Mike MacDonald should be our head coach next season

If Youre gonna say I said something, Quote me cause yall be lying.