Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 9101112 LastLast
Results 121 to 132 of 140
  1. #121

    Re: Ojabo placed on IR

    I desperately wanted Pickens. He is everything we hoped Myles Boykin could be. But I understood the pick and the UM/Mike Mac connection.

    I like Ojabo (two forced fumbles on two career sacks!) but sadly he's on the road to Dan Cody and Sergio Kindle-ville.

    Sucks.





  2. #122

    Re: Ojabo placed on IR

    I have no issue with taking an injury project in the late rounds like the Voorhees pick, but this gambling on players with significant injuries when plug and play players are abundantly avaliable, even if not a position of need. It's just flat out ridiculous. It's not exclusive to DeCosta either. See Breshod Perriman. What the hell kind of medical staff do the Ravens have or are the brass just ignoring them?





  3. #123
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Balt-Wash corridor
    Posts
    24,271

    Re: Ojabo placed on IR

    Quote Originally Posted by Jam31 View Post
    I desperately wanted Pickens. He is everything we hoped Myles Boykin could be.
    Pickens gives me some Terrell Owens vibes.

    I mean, I'm not putting him in the HOF just yet. But the way his play style is built on radius + run after catch + physicality. Also the way you just have to accept some drops mixed in with the home runs.





  4. Re: Ojabo placed on IR

    As far as I am concerned Ojabo is a draft "miss". I won't be to hard on DeCosta for it because of his home runs in Hamilton and Lindy. But that was waaaaay to much draft capitol to spend on a guy who was hurt and had so much uncertainty. Yes, I know plenty of players come back from the same type of injury all the time..........some don't. He really had one good season at Michigan and we picked him in the 2nd round. That round is reserved for players that immediately contribute. To pick a guy that high while knowing he won't even see a practice field for a year, that guy would have to be an absolute stud. Although a decent player Ojabo wasn't a Bosa.......or Hutchinson.

    He has as many sacks as seasons missed.......minus a few games. Not good, it's basically two years removed from the game.......at this point it's a monumental task of getting back to game form, game speed, your technique......I don't care who you are you just don't show up one day and now you are an effective pass rusher after missing most of two seasons.

    If I was the Ravens I would cut my losses, get an injury settlement and move on. It will take him a portion of a third season to catch up......if he does at all.
    Always buying Antique and vintage items......





  5. #125
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Westminster, Md
    Posts
    2,849

    Re: Ojabo placed on IR

    Quote Originally Posted by ThankyouArt! View Post
    As far as I am concerned Ojabo is a draft "miss". I won't be to hard on DeCosta for it because of his home runs in Hamilton and Lindy. But that was waaaaay to much draft capitol to spend on a guy who was hurt and had so much uncertainty. Yes, I know plenty of players come back from the same type of injury all the time..........some don't. He really had one good season at Michigan and we picked him in the 2nd round. That round is reserved for players that immediately contribute. To pick a guy that high while knowing he won't even see a practice field for a year, that guy would have to be an absolute stud. Although a decent player Ojabo wasn't a Bosa.......or Hutchinson.

    He has as many sacks as seasons missed.......minus a few games. Not good, it's basically two years removed from the game.......at this point it's a monumental task of getting back to game form, game speed, your technique......I don't care who you are you just don't show up one day and now you are an effective pass rusher after missing most of two seasons.

    If I was the Ravens I would cut my losses, get an injury settlement and move on. It will take him a portion of a third season to catch up......if he does at all.
    Ojabo was a top 15 pick before his injury. Why would you cut a guy with high potential with two cheap rookie years left. Has it been discouraging with the injuries, yes. But the guy shows upside.





  6. #126
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Westminster, Md
    Posts
    2,849

    Re: Ojabo placed on IR

    Quote Originally Posted by JimZipCode View Post
    Pickens gives me some Terrell Owens vibes

    I mean, I'm not putting him in the HOF just yet. But the way his play style is built on radius + run after catch + physicality. Also the way you just have to accept some drops mixed in with the home runs.
    Also AB vibes in terms of head space. Another one Tomlin is going to have to keep under wraps and suck him for all his worth before letting him go before he explodes





  7. #127

    Re: Ojabo placed on IR

    Quote Originally Posted by jhoff66 View Post
    Ojabo was a top 15 pick before his injury. Why would you cut a guy with high potential with two cheap rookie years left. Has it been discouraging with the injuries, yes. But the guy shows upside.
    Yes, the expensive part has been paid. All that is left is the cheap part.

    Hope for the best again next year.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk





  8. #128

    Re: Ojabo placed on IR

    Quote Originally Posted by BcRaven View Post
    BF what's in bold you're sure going out on a...



    for... Bc
    I sure am! But…he’s got the talent to do it. I’m rooting for him to have a ‘24 resembling his talent level. Hate seeing him labeled unfairly.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk





  9. Re: Ojabo placed on IR

    Quote Originally Posted by jonboy79 View Post
    Yes, the expensive part has been paid. All that is left is the cheap part.

    Hope for the best again next year.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    good point.
    Always buying Antique and vintage items......





  10. #130

    Re: Ojabo placed on IR

    After watching him in the preseason, I would like to see that upside happen a hell of a lot more than what he showcased.

    Maybe he could turn into an Oweh and pick it up a little after a couple years.

    Problem is, you don't draft guys that high to be projects or get injured constantly.





  11. #131
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    New York City
    Posts
    37,434
    Blog Entries
    4

    Re: Ojabo placed on IR

    Quote Originally Posted by BillickFan View Post
    I sure am! But…he’s got the talent to do it. I’m rooting for him to have a ‘24 resembling his talent level. Hate seeing him labeled unfairly.
    I'd love to see what he's got in a healthy season. In the 5 games he has played, he's gotten 2 sacks and 2 FFs, so the talent is there. I read that his current injury will keep him sidelined until 2024 Training Camp. Unfortunately, that does not bode well... Bc





  12. #132

    Re: Ojabo placed on IR

    Quote Originally Posted by Ravens4Real View Post
    Problem is, you don't draft guys that high to be projects or get injured constantly.
    So we should only pick guys who will get injured constantly in the low rounds? Is there a magic 8-ball that predicts ACL tears?
    "This space for rent" - Roger Goodell





Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Link To Mobile Site
var infolinks_pid = 3297965; var infolinks_wsid = 0; //—->