Page 5 of 27 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
Results 49 to 60 of 314
  1. #49
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Mt. Arrogance in the middle of the .11 rolling acres of The Windbag Estates
    Posts
    13,497

    Re: Ronnie Stanley exit strategy

    Quote Originally Posted by ravensfan7716 View Post
    He is still starting every game and getting paid as an NFL starter.

    Ronnie Stanley is not starting for anyone when he is constantly on IR.

    Availability absolutely should factor in at some point considering (Stanley eats up a lot of contract and cap space).

    You cannot count on that guy to ever be available a full season.

    They had the same problem with Tavon Young, great player, one of the top slot corners in the league when he plays, but the problem was always injured.
    To clarify, Orlando isn't worth the money he wanted when he was here. He wanted Stanley money. Is Stanley worth it? No, since he can't stay healthy.

    We can't keep lamenting losing OBJr. We couldn't afford to keep him and he isn't worth that much money. He's an okay LT but he wanted top 5 LT money and we had already paid Stanley.





  2. #50
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Washington, DC
    Posts
    11,257

    Re: Ronnie Stanley exit strategy

    How do we get his soft ass outta here?


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk





  3. #51

    Re: Ronnie Stanley exit strategy

    If I read it right, we'd have a 15 mil cap savings in 2024 with a 11 mil dead cap if we cut him after this year. Also 6.6 mil dead cap in 2025.





  4. #52
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Washington, DC
    Posts
    11,257

    Re: Ronnie Stanley exit strategy

    Quote Originally Posted by G54377 View Post
    If I read it right, we'd have a 15 mil cap savings in 2024 with a 11 mil dead cap if we cut him after this year. Also 6.6 mil dead cap in 2025.



    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk





  5. #53
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Frederick, MD
    Posts
    60,948
    Blog Entries
    4

    Re: Ronnie Stanley exit strategy

    I don't see how the Ravens can cut Stanley. They might ask him to take a paycut or re-work his deal.

    The Cowboys have been in a similar situation with Tyron Smith. They determined they were a better team with him, but they started taking steps to have someone waiting in the wings.
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.





  6. #54
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Posts
    17,923
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Ronnie Stanley exit strategy

    Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    I don't see how the Ravens can cut Stanley. They might ask him to take a paycut or re-work his deal.

    The Cowboys have been in a similar situation with Tyron Smith. They determined they were a better team with him, but they started taking steps to have someone waiting in the wings.
    Draft a LT in the first round this year ha e him play guard next year move on from Stanley in two years





  7. #55
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    South Florida
    Posts
    64,425
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Ronnie Stanley exit strategy

    Quote Originally Posted by PGCountyRaven85 View Post
    How do we get his soft ass outta here?


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    did you see the injury?

    https://x.com/koestreicher34/status/...697922929?s=20

    World Domination 3 Points at a Time!





  8. #56
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    where my head touches the pillow
    Posts
    45,486
    Blog Entries
    4

    Re: Ronnie Stanley exit strategy

    He should have been gone 3 years ago





  9. #57
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    New York City
    Posts
    37,427
    Blog Entries
    4

    Thumbs down Re: Ronnie Stanley exit strategy

    Not trying to be a MMQB here, but in the 2016 NFL Draft, I really wanted DeForest Buckner (DE). However, we needed a LT, but Laremy Tunsil dropped after a photo of him in a gas mask. I have to agree with those that label Stanley "soft" because he doesn't seem to show that gritty, push your face to the ground, muscle that superior LTs show... Bc





  10. #58
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Frederick, MD
    Posts
    60,948
    Blog Entries
    4

    Re: Ronnie Stanley exit strategy

    Has there actually been any messaging on his injury?
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.





  11. #59

    Re: Ronnie Stanley exit strategy

    Quote Originally Posted by Greg View Post
    To clarify, Orlando isn't worth the money he wanted when he was here. He wanted Stanley money. Is Stanley worth it? No, since he can't stay healthy.

    We can't keep lamenting losing OBJr. We couldn't afford to keep him and he isn't worth that much money. He's an okay LT but he wanted top 5 LT money and we had already paid Stanley.
    Purely an absurd argument but I do applaud you for partially admitting Stanley is not worth the money.


    Orlando was one hell of a player here on both sides of the line. Never missed a game. As reliable of a player as there is at the OT position.

    No one would be saying a damn thing right now if Orlando Brown was under contract because (he would be on the field playing).





  12. #60
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Washington, DC
    Posts
    11,257

    Re: Ronnie Stanley exit strategy

    Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    Has there actually been any messaging on his injury?
    They’re saying MCL, 4-8 weeks.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk





Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Link To Mobile Site
var infolinks_pid = 3297965; var infolinks_wsid = 0; //—->