Page 4 of 27 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
    Blog Entries

Re: Ronnie Stanley exit strategy

Quote Originally Posted by Shrubbs View Post
    Well this coming offseason is the first time it's actually possible so
    True the ravens put themselves in this position knowing damn well how fragile this dude has beenÖI never wanted to pay him that money in the first place.
    I remember when shug ( he who we shall always name) said Stanley was SAWFT and the board came for him lol itís funny how things come full circle.

Quote Originally Posted by Greg View Post
    Orlando is available to play every game, but he isn't worth that money. The Chiefs wouldn't have let him go if he were.
    This.

Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    We could go for another Irish LT next year in Joe Alt.

He's a 6'8" 322lb LT. He started out at TE as a freshman and moved to OT in 2021. He's started every game since.
    I'm intrigued, tell me more.

Quote Originally Posted by Jsmoove View Post
    True the ravens put themselves in this position knowing damn well how fragile this dude has beenÖI never wanted to pay him that money in the first place.
    I remember when shug ( he who we shall always name) said Stanley was SAWFT and the board came for him lol itís funny how things come full circle.
    When they paid him he wasn't missing time. He started being injured after the second contract. Bogus narrative

Quote Originally Posted by GOTA View Post
    This is a make or break season for Stanley. They could easily move on from him next season. He's all out of guaranteed salary in 24 and is a material cap savings if he's cut or traded. I wouldn't count Stanley out just yet. He knows the situation. I won't be surprised that when he comes back he doesn't put together a great run and we'll all be happy that he's under contract next year.
    Nope he is gone next year. We cannot stay on this contract period

Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    Patrick Mekari is doing a solid job at LT.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Mekari didnít do well against the Colts

Gotta dump Stanley unless he comes back and dominates this season, game one he was a lazy Susan in a grandmas kitchen

I agree with much of the criticism-injury history, availability, pay/salary. I was afraid to mention the subject because when healthy, Stanley is a very good LT. The problem is he's not always available.

So what's the solution? I don't know. Let him go, try to trade him or just ride it out and re-structure again? If I'm EDC then I'd do my best to try to get something out of a trade. If I get a good deal then I trade Stanley. With his injury history, that's unlikely.

I understand injuries are unpredictable but when a player is injured more than he plays then (1) he's a liability and (2) he's not worth what he's being paid. I hate to be EDC in this matter.

Quote Originally Posted by RavenXbio View Post
    Gotta dump Stanley unless he comes back and dominates this season, game one he was a lazy Susan in a grandmas kitchen
    Villanueva like.

Quote Originally Posted by bmorebirds_24 View Post
    Mekari didnít do well against the Colts

Just wait until Garret and Z. Smith line up opposite him.

Folks will be clamoring for Ronnie's return and rightfully so

Quote Originally Posted by Greg View Post
    Orlando is available to play every game, but he isn't worth that money. The Chiefs wouldn't have let him go if he were.
    He is still starting every game and getting paid as an NFL starter.

Ronnie Stanley is not starting for anyone when he is constantly on IR.

Availability absolutely should factor in at some point considering (Stanley eats up a lot of contract and cap space).

You cannot count on that guy to ever be available a full season.

They had the same problem with Tavon Young, great player, one of the top slot corners in the league when he plays, but the problem was always injured.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ravensfan7716 View Post
    He is still starting every game and getting paid as an NFL starter.

Ronnie Stanley is not starting for anyone when he is constantly on IR.

Availability absolutely should factor in at some point considering (Stanley eats up a lot of contract and cap space).

You cannot count on that guy to ever be available a full season.

They had the same problem with Tavon Young, great player, one of the top slot corners in the league when he plays, but the problem was always injured.
    He's right. He is soft and doesn't seem to have the lightness on the foot to get the fuck out of the way sometimes. There is bad luck, and then there is constantly hurt. There are dudes out there who played entire careers not missing a game, part is luck, and the other is durability. Stanley just isn't durable.