Page 3 of 27 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Blog Entries

Re: Ronnie Stanley exit strategy

We could go for another Irish LT next year in Joe Alt.

He's a 6'8" 322lb LT. He started out at TE as a freshman and moved to OT in 2021. He's started every game since.
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Silver View Post
    Could have had Tunsil... MFer!
    The guy I wanted in the 2016 NFL Draft was Deforest Buckner (taken one pick after Stanley, #7 overall). I guess we needed a LT more than a DE. Buckner has hardly missed a game and has been solid for the 49ers and Colts. Now in his 8th year (115 games) he has 55 sacks, 8 FFs, 10 FRs, and 20 PDs... Bc

Quote Originally Posted by ShadeRaven View Post
    To be fair to Ronnie, what TJ Watt did was not a football play and he threw his whole weight into Ronnie's legs.

Then steelers fans were like "oh the supposedly most skilled/one of the best pass rushers has no control of his body and is accidently flying into linemens knees" yeah right
    So true. Looks like they went back at it with Minkah taking out Chubb

Blog Entries

The thing is, with a QB like Lamar, having studs at C and OG is way more important than at LT or RT.

I'm not saying LT and RT aren't important - they are. But Lamar is fast enough to get out on the edge and make plays. However, he struggles when he can't step up into a clean pocket (like most QBs, weird, I know).

So, I'd rather spend draft capital and free agency $$$ on another stud guard than pay $100m for another LT.

I'd be trying to re-sign Zeitler and then go after Connor Williams (who can play G or C). Then draft someone like Joe Alt or JC Latham to sit behind Mekari.
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Reportedly La’el Collins is good to go…

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mt. Arrogance in the middle of the .11 rolling acres of The Windbag Estates

Quote Originally Posted by s.r.genovese View Post
    Post June 1 cut saves 6 mil
    Not exactly.

It pushes off $6 million to the following year. You can't avoid the dead cap money, you can only try and split the hit.

Mt. Arrogance in the middle of the .11 rolling acres of The Windbag Estates

Quote Originally Posted by ravensfan7716 View Post
    Could have had Orlando. At least he is available most of the time.

What has made you now change your tune on Stanley? This topic used to get you all wound up when I pointed out his lack of being on the field.
    Orlando is available to play every game, but he isn't worth that money. The Chiefs wouldn't have let him go if he were.
    Last edited by Greg; 09-25-2023 at 06:39 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by StalkRavenMad View Post
    You can't help what happened to Stanley. You could have cut Stanley after Watt rolled up on his foot and drafted Penie Sewell if Penie Sewell would have been standing were Stanley was whem him got rolled up on them he'd be out right now. Sometimes injuries happen and there's nothing you can do about it. Look at Linberbaum. Guys get rolled up on on the line all the time.
    You could not have cut Stanley after the injury it would be too cap probibitive

Also can we stop talking like Orlando Brown Jr is any good? He's just another ex Ravens O Lineman to go elsewhere and suck. Happens every year

Quote Originally Posted by Shrubbs View Post
    Also can we stop talking like Orlando Brown Jr is any good? He's just another ex Ravens O Lineman to go elsewhere and suck. Happens every year
    Shrubbsy …Brown Jr is Atleast dressing every week. He was Pro bowl caliber in our offense.

Easy to pick low hanging fruit. 50/50 same injury happens to Brown Jr if he’s signed and we trade Stanley.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Blog Entries

I’ve been saying this for at least 2 seasons now they need to move on from him

Quote Originally Posted by Jsmoove View Post
    I’ve been saying this for at least 2 seasons now they need to move on from him
    Well this coming offseason is the first time it's actually possible so