Page 2 of 27 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Blog Entries

Re: Ronnie Stanley exit strategy

Quote Originally Posted by ravensfan7716 View Post
    Could have had Orlando. At least he is available most of the time.

What has made you now change your tune on Stanley? This topic used to get you all wound up when I pointed out his lack of being on the field.
    I cut him a lot of slack; Watt rolled on his leg like an Alligator. That could have happened to Brown. I am still not sold on Brown. With this latest injury and the fact Mekari is already outperforming him, it seems there needs to be a discussion about LT.

And for the record, unlike a few here, I will change my mind when the evidence piles up. As of now, in hindsight, Stanley is a shadow of himself, and someone else needs to start filling the bill.

Blog Entries

I would imagine they will move on or cut/re-sign for cheaper depending on how the season plays out and the draft looks. They have to clean house of these players who are repeatedly injured.
    back on twitter

"Well that was an appropriate last ride for Pees. A Bengals WR streaking in for a game winning touchdown in the closing minutes is the manís preferred medium to express his art." - GreenWave52

If you can't stay on the field, you have to go. It doesn't matter how much talent you have. Stanley is clearly never going to be the guy he was before the ankle injury. He's just another LT now.

Heís reached that point where the juice is no longer worth the squeeze. Even when he actually plays it looks like heís already played his best ball. Get the same production for a lot cheaper, seems like poor roster management to not cut ties with Stanley when it is safe to do so. Shame he couldnít live up to his contract, I supported him for a long time but heís not the player he was.

Blog Entries

This is a make or break season for Stanley. They could easily move on from him next season. He's all out of guaranteed salary in 24 and is a material cap savings if he's cut or traded. I wouldn't count Stanley out just yet. He knows the situation. I won't be surprised that when he comes back he doesn't put together a great run and we'll all be happy that he's under contract next year.

Quote Originally Posted by Bhcforlife View Post
    I would imagine they will move on or cut/re-sign for cheaper depending on how the season plays out and the draft looks. They have to clean house of these players who are repeatedly injured.
    You can't help what happened to Stanley. You could have cut Stanley after Watt rolled up on his foot and drafted Penie Sewell if Penie Sewell would have been standing were Stanley was whem him got rolled up on them he'd be out right now. Sometimes injuries happen and there's nothing you can do about it. Look at Linberbaum. Guys get rolled up on on the line all the time.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ravensfan7716 View Post
    Tunsil has started 95 games
    Stanley has started 75 games (Huge difference considering they came out same draft).

Orlando Brown has started 77 games and he came into the league 2 years after Stanley did.
    Orlando has yet to miss a game to my knowlege.

Realibility has to be a factor at some point.

Stanleys most recent injury was clearly not his fault but for what ever reason the guy is always out.
    It does. But if I'm not mistaken Stanley started his injuries after he signed his deal so the decision had been made not to keep Brown.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ERey View Post
    It does. But if I'm not mistaken Stanley started his injuries after he signed his deal so the decision had been made not to keep Brown.

Quote Originally Posted by ERey View Post
    Yes, worst of all iirc believe the injury happened like a week after we signed him to the mega deal

Quote Originally Posted by FruitPunch View Post
    Yes, worst of all iirc believe the injury happened like a week after we signed him to the mega deal
    More like a few days. He signed the middle of the week before they played Pittsburgh and promptly got hurt right away. A true trend setter. Actually, I canít remember if Tavon Young was first. Canít keep track of all the get paid-get hurt, but thatís where it all kind of started and hasnít stopped. Years later players like Marcus Williams and OBJ still keeping the get hurt after you get paid a lot tradition alive.

Quote Originally Posted by Desert Raven View Post
    More like a few days. He signed the middle of the week before they played Pittsburgh and promptly got hurt right away. A true trend setter. Actually, I canít remember if Tavon Young was first. Canít keep track of all the get paid-get hurt, but thatís where it all kind of started and hasnít stopped. Years later players like Marcus Williams and OBJ still keeping the get hurt after you get paid a lot tradition alive.
    Pretty sure Boyle double dipped on the paid-get hurt train.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

To be fair to Ronnie, what TJ Watt did was not a football play and he threw his whole weight into Ronnie's legs.

Then steelers fans were like "oh the supposedly most skilled/one of the best pass rushers has no control of his body and is accidently flying into linemens knees" yeah right
    Mike MacDonald should be our head coach next season

If Youre gonna say I said something, Quote me cause yall be lying.