Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456
Results 61 to 71 of 71
  1. #61
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    15,349
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Chase Young AVAILABLE

    Quote Originally Posted by jonboy79 View Post
    Ok, so even if, thatís basically pick 100 in 2025Ö. And thatís a stretch at bestÖ.

    Elite at ILB2, is not CLOSE to as important as Edge1.

    Iím not saying toss him for nothing, him playing is worth more than trading him for even a 2nd now, but trading up for a potential difference maker when we have options to backfill could make sense.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I think the difference is youre considering Chase PR1, when some here arent sure what he is. Talented, sure. Even duplicating his rookie year wouldnt make him PR1 last year on this team, and that guy is still available and much cheaper and we get to keep Queen too. if were looking at 1 year, Queen/Houston is way better than Young alone, like not even really debatable, imo.

    Which is why I dont think it makes much sense to trade him, granted thats assuming our FO has information on Houston's wishes, but im not trading an asset that gives us the best duo in football, and great depth to still be an elite defense even if Ro got injured, for a guy that himself is usually injured and not producing when he has been out there. youre putting a lot more value on Chase than I think hes worth considering his history, and thats even considering the premium on his position.

    I think hes worth bringing in, absolutely, but not at that price.
    -JAB





  2. #62

    Re: Chase Young AVAILABLE

    Quote Originally Posted by Ravensblitzkrieg View Post
    I don’t know how “high” I am on Queen. But I’ll take queens production next to Roquan over chases nothing any day.

    Did you watch every game from chases first 2 years? Of course not. So you can name all of queens flaws because you probably watched every game. You probably have watched chase play an entire game no more than 3-4 times at best. He has plenty of flaws that commander fans will be able to point out.

    I’m sure the organization knows his flaws because they are trying to get rid of him.
    I don't think they are trying to get rid of him. They can't afford to resign him they have Allen who is about to get a massive new deal. Payne just resigned for 90m. Sweat is about to hit FA.

    All these guys are about to get paid at the same time couple that with Youngs lack of production due to injuries the last two years they clearly have made the decision to prioritize the other guys on the roster. How many teams are in a similar situation? We aren't. I'd love to have Allen, Payne and Sweat on the roster if we did I'd tell Young to take a hike too





  3. #63

    Re: Chase Young AVAILABLE

    Quote Originally Posted by JAB1985 View Post
    I think the difference is youre considering Chase PR1, when some here arent sure what he is. Talented, sure. Even duplicating his rookie year wouldnt make him PR1 last year on this team, and that guy is still available and much cheaper and we get to keep Queen too. if were looking at 1 year, Queen/Houston is way better than Young alone, like not even really debatable, imo.

    Which is why I dont think it makes much sense to trade him, granted thats assuming our FO has information on Houston's wishes, but im not trading an asset that gives us the best duo in football, and great depth to still be an elite defense even if Ro got injured, for a guy that himself is usually injured and not producing when he has been out there. youre putting a lot more value on Chase than I think hes worth considering his history, and thats even considering the premium on his position.

    I think hes worth bringing in, absolutely, but not at that price.
    The commanders are considering moving young because they are not going to resign him. They are going to re-sign other DL instead. So they want to get a little more than what they would get as a comp pick. If they think queen is that, then i do the trade. Cause queen is going to net you a 4th rd comp. At lets be honest, his play is dependent on Roquan. And the ravens are in desperate need of DE. Sure itís a risk because of health. But for a high value position of need, queen is not worth fretting over.





  4. #64

    Re: Chase Young AVAILABLE

    Quote Originally Posted by JAB1985 View Post
    I think the difference is youre considering Chase PR1, when some here arent sure what he is. Talented, sure. Even duplicating his rookie year wouldnt make him PR1 last year on this team, and that guy is still available and much cheaper and we get to keep Queen too. if were looking at 1 year, Queen/Houston is way better than Young alone, like not even really debatable, imo.

    Which is why I dont think it makes much sense to trade him, granted thats assuming our FO has information on Houston's wishes, but im not trading an asset that gives us the best duo in football, and great depth to still be an elite defense even if Ro got injured, for a guy that himself is usually injured and not producing when he has been out there. youre putting a lot more value on Chase than I think hes worth considering his history, and thats even considering the premium on his position.

    I think hes worth bringing in, absolutely, but not at that price.
    Look Queen has shown himself to be an excellent blitzer and he thrives in a role where he can play instinctively without being forced into coverage or having manage gap responsibilities as a mike.

    I am not saying that doesn't hold value but we declined his 5th year option. We drafted a guy fairly high as a potential replacement. We don't really have much depth at DE. You are counting Houston who is 34 and hasn't even resigned. He isn't on the roster. Why don't we talk about the guys who are here. Who are our two starting DE? We have some guys who can generate pressure inside but who is going to do it from the outside? OLB? DE? Where is it going to come from?





  5. #65
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    15,349
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Chase Young AVAILABLE

    2 things. I think Queen was showing more BEFORE Roquan got here. So no, I dont think his play is dependent on Roquan.

    I dont see Chase as a guaranteed upgrade. Hes also not here. so I dont see why I should assume hes better than anything. Ive been one harping on our PR, and that we have a real need there. Theres nothing saying hed be here longer or garner anything more than what Queen will, likely less if he continues on his current path. Queen is a healthy, known and ascending player. Chase has been a disappointing, inury prone player. Youre not making your team better by making that trade, imo.

    Chase isnt the only player to fill that hole and Queen certainly isnt the only player to do it with. Youre questions are good, they need answers, but the assumption that the team should just move Queen to fill that hole, for any player despite their history, is not something I subscribe to. right player, right price. Queen isnt the right price, for that player.
    -JAB





  6. #66

    Re: Chase Young AVAILABLE

    Chase Young is a bust.

    Don't want anything to do with him.





  7. Re: Chase Young AVAILABLE

    Quote Originally Posted by Rap1003 View Post
    Chase Young is a bust.

    Don't want anything to do with him.
    ^^^What he said^^^





  8. #68

    Re: Chase Young AVAILABLE

    Quote Originally Posted by boller4president View Post
    Look Queen has shown himself to be an excellent blitzer and he thrives in a role where he can play instinctively without being forced into coverage or having manage gap responsibilities as a mike.

    I am not saying that doesn't hold value but we declined his 5th year option. We drafted a guy fairly high as a potential replacement. We don't really have much depth at DE. You are counting Houston who is 34 and hasn't even resigned. He isn't on the roster. Why don't we talk about the guys who are here. Who are our two starting DE? We have some guys who can generate pressure inside but who is going to do it from the outside? OLB? DE? Where is it going to come from?
    Kyle is going to be more involved in the pass rush but ai get your point

    Sent from my Pixel 6 Pro using Tapatalk
    Way Down South in New Orleans





  9. #69

    Re: Chase Young AVAILABLE

    Chase would be niiiiiiice





  10. #70

    Re: Chase Young AVAILABLE

    Quote Originally Posted by JAB1985 View Post
    2 things. I think Queen was showing more BEFORE Roquan got here. So no, I dont think his play is dependent on Roquan.

    I dont see Chase as a guaranteed upgrade. Hes also not here. so I dont see why I should assume hes better than anything. Ive been one harping on our PR, and that we have a real need there. Theres nothing saying hed be here longer or garner anything more than what Queen will, likely less if he continues on his current path. Queen is a healthy, known and ascending player. Chase has been a disappointing, inury prone player. Youre not making your team better by making that trade, imo.

    Chase isnt the only player to fill that hole and Queen certainly isnt the only player to do it with. Youre questions are good, they need answers, but the assumption that the team should just move Queen to fill that hole, for any player despite their history, is not something I subscribe to. right player, right price. Queen isnt the right price, for that player.
    Well he is a guaranteed upgrade because of what is on the roster and even if he doesn't end up being the dominant force as a pass rusher again he is really solid setting the edge against the run and that isn't going to go away. We wouldn't be trading for Yannick.

    As far as Houston goes once again my main issue was people were just penciling him in and pretending that Chase isn't necessary because we have Houston. You are right we don't have Chase or Houston right now. DE is a problem. As far as Queen goes I don't view him as you do. I don't think he is capable of playing MLB or is an ascending player I think we found a way to maximize his skillset and limit his deficiencies.

    If another team signs him to be their primary MLB and uses him outside of his current role. They'll see it too. I honestly don't even know how the rest of the league views Queen. The Redskins may not even want to do a deal like this just for us the writing is on the wall we drafted a guy early with a higher grade to take Queens spot. We have depth at LB. We have no depth at DE. We have very little talent there. It's a premium position so if Young does work out you could franchise and trade him or get a 3rd. There will always be demand for young DE in this game with upside.





  11. #71

    Re: Chase Young AVAILABLE

    Chase Young AVAILABLE? No thank you. First I like what we have. Second while Young is still young and has great potential, I don't like the potential problems.

    I trust in EDC and the FO. I have said repeatedly that this team is loaded and only needs a few additions. With the coaching additions we should be a serious contender. I'll keep the cards dealt.

    I can see a few additions this off-season. If we added to the DL I would prefer Hunter if the price was right. I still see CB and/or edge additions later in the off-season. We're good.





Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Link To Mobile Site
var infolinks_pid = 3297965; var infolinks_wsid = 0; //ó->