Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Re: Chase Young AVAILABLE

Is Chase Young the new Jadaveon Clowney? All the talent in the world; dogged by injuries and underwhelming production for a 1rst Overall pick?

I'm not sold on trading anything significant for him. Re-sign Houston; & go with the guys we got. If/when Washington releases him - consider the possibility then.

Pass.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Cheap Cheese View Post
    Is Chase Young the new Jadaveon Clowney? All the talent in the world; dogged by injuries and underwhelming production for a 1rst Overall pick?

I'm not sold on trading anything significant for him. Re-sign Houston; & go with the guys we got. If/when Washington releases him - consider the possibility then.

Pass.
    You actually might be on to something. Maybe he is pissed about not getting that 5th-year option picked up, and it isn't sitting well within the organization. I use that term loosely...

Chase Young is a hell of a talent, but he's played in 12 games the last two seasons. I'd definitely consider him, but it's a bit of a risky move if you give up too much to land him.

Oweh for sure. Maybe a third rounder. Cleveland just depends on how the Ravens view him, but he's probably going to be the starter this year
    "A moron, a rapist, and a Pittsburgh Steeler walk into a bar. He sits down and says, Hi Im Ben may I have a drink please?
    ProFootballMock

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenswintitle View Post
    dude never plays
    And Oweh is remarkably ineffective when he does.

You're right about Young's injury history, and that should definitely give us pause. Maybe both guys need a change of scenery to unlock their talents.
    "A moron, a rapist, and a Pittsburgh Steeler walk into a bar. He sits down and says, Hi Im Ben may I have a drink please?
    ProFootballMock

Quote Originally Posted by Shas View Post
    Send Dobbins, given that they've both missed the same number of games over the last three years.
    Was has multiple rbs tho

Was half joking about Dobbins, but really have not paid much attention to the No Names roster.
    "That's what."
    She

Blog Entries

Thumbs down Re: Chase Young AVAILABLE

Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    Chase Young has all the talent in the world. He has serious durability concerns.
    wicked is correct. In 2021 he played in 9 games, then last season in a mere 3. So, he's played in 12 of WFT's last 34 games. Having been the 2nd pick in the 2020 NFL Draft, this 2023 season is his last before he's a UFA. I'm not sure if a team can exercise the 5th-year-option at this late date. Under the current circumstances, I would not give up assets for him... Bc

P.S. - EDC, please resign Houston.

I would offer a conditional third rounder. He isnt going to be paid a huge contract in FA: a third IF he makes the Pro-Bowl, a fourth rounder IF he plays 13 games and a fifth IF he plays 5-12 and a sixth IF he plays <5 games.

WFT will likely only get a compensatory pick for him, so we take the risk of a slide back for a player who may not see much of the field. Its not a big investment from us and it gives WFT an exit from the Chase saga.

10. Re: Chase Young AVAILABLE

Let him get released, then.....maybe

Can anyone point to a signature play that Young has made in the NFL?

Ron Rivera wants to run the ball and play good defense. He's drafted three (?) DL in the first round. If Rivera is willing to say goodbye to a DL so soon, then caveat emptor.

This fanbase is amazing. At some point, damn near everybody has complained about the injuries to Lamar, Stanley, Bateman, or Dobbins yet folks want to trade day 2 pick(s) and a player for a guy who might.....MIGHT be good that has missed as many games the last two years, or more, than any of those players named.

He's being unloaded with a year left on his rookie deal. His team doesn't want him. Day 3 pick or wait until he's released