Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: 14 WR currently

Blog Entries

Re: 14 WR currently

Originally Posted by The Excellector
    We're keeping five, because Nelson Agholor doesn't qualify as a WR worth keeping in the first place.
    from RSR.com - "OTA Notes: The Full Nelson"

" Nelson Agholor
    The currently projected WR4 for the Ravens showed serious promise today with great catch after great catch, and solid hands throughout the day. Agholor’s best catch of the day was roping in a beautiful back shoulder throw from Lamar Jackson down the left sideline, then tapping his toes before stepping out of bounds. I know Agholor is (insanely) overlooked by many fans, but he’s going to be a valuable piece in this offense, and days like today should only raise hopes for his 2023 season. "

... Bc

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Rygar64 View Post
    Nah BC,

Seems to me that ever since AB went off his rocker, the Steelers aren't keeping these guys around "for years" anymore. It took AB several years for his diva behavior to surface publicly. JuJu exhibited signs after 2 years. Claypool after year 1. Pickens put folks on notice during his rookie season. He plays great and has a chip on his shoulder, I just wonder if Tomlin will reign him in or if his stay will be short lived as well. Local media guys are saying he was just having some fun and kidding around when he talked about being snubbed for the Pro Bowl last year and also for listing his year 2 goals as Pro Bowl first and Super Bowl second. Probably will all blow over, especially if he gets off to a great start...but keep an eye out for things to start festering if Wilson Pickett doesn't feed him the ball for a midnight hour or two.
    Not exactly a team player, is he?... Bc

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by BcRaven View Post
    from RSR.com - "OTA Notes: The Full Nelson"

" Nelson Agholor
    The currently projected WR4 for the Ravens showed serious promise today with great catch after great catch, and solid hands throughout the day. Agholor’s best catch of the day was roping in a beautiful back shoulder throw from Lamar Jackson down the left sideline, then tapping his toes before stepping out of bounds. I know Agholor is (insanely) overlooked by many fans, but he’s going to be a valuable piece in this offense, and days like today should only raise hopes for his 2023 season. "

... Bc
    Until it happens in a game that counts, it reminds me of:

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Silver View Post

I'm starting to think the staff writers and media folks for the Ravens have an inside joke and possibly a yearly wager that is based on who can successfully promote a WR camp warrior. I'm not sure what the parameters are for winning the bet, but it's kind of comical at this point.

Even though Nelson is getting they hype right now, my prediction for this year is Tylan Wallace.

my prediction for this year is Tylan Wallace.
    Tylan Wallace = Tandon Doss, capable of some sizzle, college film checks out, some special teams, 4 rd pick investment, caught a few TDs and had that nice return where Ray was running along the sideline - but he was usually unavailable or inactive for one reason or another. I don't think Doss liked the NFL contact and that's why he didn't last in the league; I wonder if Wallace is similar. idk.

Quote Originally Posted by Cheap Cheese View Post
    Tylan Wallace = Tandon Doss, capable of some sizzle, college film checks out, some special teams, 4 rd pick investment, caught a few TDs and had that nice return where Ray was running along the sideline - but he was usually unavailable or inactive for one reason or another. I don't think Doss liked the NFL contact and that's why he didn't last in the league; I wonder if Wallace is similar. idk.
    And as we remember, Tandon Doss = Anquan Boldin! So by the transitive property...

Good comp actually.
    "Chin up, chest out."

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Silver View Post

https://i.postimg.cc/d0wtfMdZ/miles.png
    Who's the Ravens WR from about ten years ago, whose nickname was Spider-man? Am I thinking of Demetrious Williams?

He's been my model for a Ravens WR who stars in practice and disappears in games.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by JimZipCode View Post
    Who's the Ravens WR from about ten years ago, whose nickname was Spider-man? Am I thinking of Demetrious Williams?

He's been my model for a Ravens WR who stars in practice and disappears in games.
    He was one of the usual suspects.

Yes, that was definitely Spider-Man.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Did he disappear in games or could just never stay healthy? It always seems to be some amalgamation of both for the dreaded Ravens WR.

Quote Originally Posted by The Excellector View Post
    We're keeping five, because Nelson Agholor doesn't qualify as a WR worth keeping in the first place.

Stop that.

I'm starting to think the staff writers and media folks for the Ravens have an inside joke and possibly a yearly wager that is based on who can successfully promote a WR camp warrior. I'm not sure what the parameters are for winning the bet, but it's kind of comical at this point.

Even though Nelson is getting they hype right now, my prediction for this year is Tylan Wallace.

Come on y'all, you're losing total perspective. Agholor is a legitimate NFL player. A 1st round talent who has had at least a good year or two. He's a tier above Everyone we have at WR besides Bateman, OBJ, and Zay. And even Zay is still a rookie.

Agholor is on this roster and will play valuable snaps. He wasn't signed to be a core special teamer.

Duvernay, if healthy is the obvious 4/5 WR along with Agholor.

There's a 6th and maybe 7th slot for WR.

No way its Proche or Wallace, IMO. I mean obviously, maybe Wallace. But they both had all-you-can-eat opportunities last year and botched it. They are bringing in all these bodies to push these fringe guys off the roster.