Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Re: Ravens add WR treadwell

Quote Originally Posted by DeltaRaven View Post
    It's definitely a severe correction to what we saw last year when we were content going into the season with 4 WRs (two of which had 30 total catches between them) until Demarcus Robinson showed up. Then ending the season with Robinson, Proche, and Watkins off the couch being our only 3 WRs in a playoff game.

It seems like EDC won't let us be caught in that situation again.
    I feel like that's been part of DeCosta's MO. He'll make a mistake (maybe by neglecting a position) and get bit in the ass for it. And when that happens he'll correct it with a VENGEANCE. Just go nuclear on the position.

• ILB in 2019 → Patrick Queeen, Malik Harrison, Roquan Smith

• OT in 2021 → Morgan Moses, Ja'Wuan James, Daniel Faalale

• Arguably, Safety → Marcus Williams, Kyle Hamilton, maybe Brandon Stephens

• Now WR.

I like that. I mean, I'm not in love with the initial miscalculations. I feel that they've had serious consquences. For ex, the WR thing probly cost us a division title last season.

But I do like the "see a problem / correct the fuck out of it" dynamic. Fix things with a shotgun. No: a cannon.

“Numbers not being used currently: 1, 19, 20, 24, 45, 49, 52, 55, 73, 75, 86”

Use some of them for a powerball ticket.

19, 20, 52, 55, 73, 75 sound good. How many balls are in a PB drawing?
    "That's what."
    — She

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by JimZipCode View Post
    I feel like that's been part of DeCosta's MO. He'll make a mistake (maybe by neglecting a position) and get bit in the ass for it. And when that happens he'll correct it with a VENGEANCE. Just go nuclear on the position.

• ILB in 2019 → Patrick Queeen, Malik Harrison, Roquan Smith

• OT in 2021 → Morgan Moses, Ja'Wuan James, Daniel Faalale

• Arguably, Safety → Marcus Williams, Kyle Hamilton, maybe Brandon Stephens

• Now WR.

I like that. I mean, I'm not in love with the initial miscalculations. I feel that they've had serious consquences. For ex, the WR thing probly cost us a division title last season.

But I do like the "see a problem / correct the fuck out of it" dynamic. Fix things with a shotgun. No: a cannon.
    agree with your observation - plus there is PTSD on starters playing in preseason. These top guys won't see the field

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

If you expand the timeframe, you could argue they did the same at EDGE. As Suggs and Za'Darius neared departure from the Ravens after '18, the only way they addressed the position was Tim Williams in '17 and the seventh rounder Seiler in '18 and Ferguson in '19 and nothing in '20...although they kind of woke up and added Ngakoue later that '20 season.

When all that went south I feel as though it ushered in moves to bring in Oweh, Hayes, Ojabo, Simpson and Robinson over the last three drafts ... and they added Houston and Pierre-Paul ....and tried to bring back Z in '21 and '22.
    "That's what."
    — She

I was under the impression they had two open spots [Swann, A Blackson] - & releasing the Blue Hen QB opens the spot for Treadwell = now at 90.

Maybe he does have some desirable trait for Monken's offense; and he does play special teams - so, I'm sure from Laquan's perspective - he's here to compete for a spot; and not serve as some - "camp body".

We'll see.

Quote Originally Posted by ravensfan7716 View Post
    Is someone injured already?

Don’t get this at all considering how many they have at WR already

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Hopefully it's not because of zay

Westminster OG, now behind enemy lines in NE
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by HbgPARavenfan View Post
    That was instantly my thought when I heard the news

Mt. Arrogance in the middle of the .11 rolling acres of The Windbag Estates

Quote Originally Posted by jonboy79 View Post
    Well, lucky for you, it’s doesn’t seem like anyone else wants Hopkins either so maybe he will end up signing cheap during camp:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I wonder if the complete lack of interest in Hopkins has caused Ex to consider how high he values him.

Blog Entries

Ravens add WR treadwell

Quote Originally Posted by HbgPARavenfan View Post
    I think they are going to walk ball every starter they can until the games count

Preseason win record is not what you want people talking about

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

Mt. Arrogance in the middle of the .11 rolling acres of The Windbag Estates

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenswintitle View Post
    I think they are going to walk ball every starter they can until the games count

Preseason win record is not what you want people talking about
    Zay will very likely play in PS unless hurt. He's got to get something close to NFL action before he hits the field for real, if possible.

Quote Originally Posted by Shas View Post
    If you expand the timeframe, you could argue they did the same at EDGE. As Suggs and Za'Darius neared departure from the Ravens after '18, the only way they addressed the position was Tim Williams in '17 and the seventh rounder Seiler in '18 and Ferguson in '19 and nothing in '20 – although they kind of woke up and added Ngakoue later that '20 season.

When all that went south I feel as though it ushered in moves to bring in Oweh, Hayes, Ojabo, Simpson and Robinson over the last three drafts – and they added Houston and Pierre-Paul – and tried to bring back Z in '21 and '22.
    It's been a coordinated organizational effort. Harbs & Anthony Weaver hired Dr Rush.