Page 4 of 125 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
  1. Re: 2024 Presidential Election

Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    This.

There should be no excuse for the RNC not getting out the vote in 24. This is why so many wanted to see Rona McDaniel removed from the RNC. She didn't do shit during 2020 and the mid-terms were less than ideal.
    One colossal waste of oxygen, she is. I'm convinced she's an undercover Dem operative......

Re: 2024 Presidential Election

Even a wealthy guy like Warren Buffet believes in a flat tax. It levels the field of implemented correctly. We all pay X % of earned income. Be that sold stocks , earned profits from real estate sales / rentals or hours worked /services rendered.

If you earn $$ in some foreign country ..if you bring it home ..tax it. If you leave it there ..fine.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Blog Entries

[QUOTE=Willbacker;2508101]Got a link?

https://redstate.com/brutalbrittany/...he-irs-n752481

Mt. Arrogance in the middle of the .11 rolling acres of The Windbag Estates

Quote Originally Posted by Laxdad24 View Post
    False. I lived in Bermuda for 18months. Paid Bermuda tax on my income there. Had to have my pay direct deposited into their bank..Bank of Butterfield. I only pay tax on money I bring into this country over $5000.

Former owner of a company in Baltimore had multiple accounts in Bermuda and in Cayman Islands. Tax free. Money was earned in the US and deposited there.

Same if you work in say …Saudi Arabia ..the first 100K ( I believe ) you earn there isn’t taxed here.

Actually, I am correct, either you didn't make enough to file or you are in violation of the US tax code.

Yes, U.S. citizens have to pay taxes on foreign income if they meet the filing thresholds, which are generally equivalent to the standard deduction for your filing status. You may wonder why U.S. citizens pay taxes on income earned abroad. U.S. taxes are based on citizenship, not country of residence. That means it doesn’t matter where you call home, if you’re considered a U.S. citizen, you have a tax obligation.
    If your former boss hid money he made in this country and moved it overseas and didn't pay tax that was illegal. A business like Apple can earn money in Europe and keep it there and not pay taxes. Money made here is taxed as US income.

Mt. Arrogance in the middle of the .11 rolling acres of The Windbag Estates

Quote Originally Posted by Laxdad24 View Post
    Even a wealthy guy like Warren Buffet believes in a flat tax. It levels the field of implemented correctly. We all pay X % of earned income. Be that sold stocks , earned profits from real estate sales / rentals or hours worked /services rendered.

If you earn $$ in some foreign country ..if you bring it home ..tax it. If you leave it there ..fine.

Well, I don't really care what a left winger like Buffett says. If he really wanted to pay more taxes he is welcome to do so.

A tax on income, production, investments,or whatever is immoral in any case. We should tax consumption, not production of wealth. Our tax system is massively stupid and trying to defend it is also immoral. Trying to understand it is impossible with all of the corruption built into it. You can legally avoid taxes and I can do exactly the same thing and be considered a tax cheat and go to jail. The IRS can't even answer questions on how to file and takes no responsibility in the answers they give. The filer is always responsible.

And for an INDIVIDUAL US citizen money earned anywhere and banked anywhere is subject to the income tax unless the person makes less than the standard deduction. See link in above post.

We’ll color me lucky cause I ain’t paid squat. Either did the guys I worked
    With. But anyway…yes. The IRS is just rhe MOB for the GOv. They just take what they want , when they want. No reason. It’s all total corruption and we the people should revolt but that will never happen.

Quote Originally Posted by jonboy79 View Post
    The sad part is that flat tax hurts the lower income brackets more than the higher ones.

Our tax code is considerably progressive. Our bottom half of wage earners combine to contribute nothing at all to the federal budget.

When morons on Facebook complain about the rich “paying their fair share” they simply don’t understand anything. The rich pay almost everything. They pay far more than their fair share.

A flat tax sounds good, but actually benefits the rich.

What the plans ACTUALLY want but aren’t smart enough to understand is a simplified tax code with far less loopholes: It is way too easy for the rich to counterbalance all income with write offs.

THAT is the problem; not the tax RATE.

A flat tax does not hurt the lower income brackets more.
    And a flat tax solves all the loophole problems you complain es about.

Blog Entries

I’m also pro flat tax.

We get taxed on our paychecks. Then we get taxed on what we buy. Then we get taxed on our property. Then we often have to pay annually for income taxes over the entire year.

We have state taxes, federal taxes, and local town/city/county taxes.

We’re taxed enough.

Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by blah3 View Post
    A flat tax does not hurt the lower income brackets more.
    And a flat tax solves all the loophole problems you complain es about.
    Huh?

Low tax brackets currently pay none; so paying any tax is work.

How does flattening the tax rate fox loopholes. Simplifying the tax case does, and maybe they are combined in some proposals, but a flat tax in and of itself does not close loopholes.

Huh?

Low tax brackets currently pay none; so paying any tax is work.

How does flattening the tax rate fox loopholes. Simplifying the tax case does, and maybe they are combined in some proposals, but a flat tax in and of itself does not close loopholes.

A flat tax would be phased in like in the current code. So the first X amount of dollars wont be taxed at all, then any amount earned above X would get taxed at the flat rate.

Quote Originally Posted by blah3 View Post
    A flat tax would be phased in like in the current code. So the first X amount of dollars wont be taxed at all, then any amount earned above X would get taxed at the flat rate.
    That’s not a flat-tax.

That’s not a flat-tax.

Then i believe you are thinking about a flat tax differntly than most people.