Page 2 of 155 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Results 13 to 24 of 1860
  1. #13
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Location
    Bridgeville,DE
    Posts
    14,718

    Re: 2024 Presidential Election

    Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    He's also prior Navy. Clearly, I'm biased there... :D
    And he actually served in combat. And was at Gitmo. Clearly he’s the choice for POTUS.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk





  2. #14
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Location
    Bridgeville,DE
    Posts
    14,718

    Re: 2024 Presidential Election

    Quote Originally Posted by ThankyouArt! View Post
    DeSantis needs to find a way to tap in to Trump"s base, he's already made some inroads but he needs the majority of that base to have a shot. He needs to take the high road from Trump.......all he has to do is let Trump shoot himself in the foot......If Trump sees DeSantis picking up points Trump will want to go after him. DeSantis should let him........don't roll in the mud with him. DeSantis should wish Trump nothing but the best and stick to his platform. In order for ANY Republican candidate to win the nomination in 2024 must win over that Trump base.

    All DeSantis has to do is be Trump without the baggage........without the bravado........which IMO he has been up to this point.
    While I don’t disagree 100%. I think the power of MAGA is fading. The passing of the Debt Ceiling bill shows that. Trump told “his” people to hold out for everything they wanted or cause a default. McCarthy tried that at first …and then negotiated the best deal he could get Biden to take. Then the House and Senate GOP surprisingly passed the bill with a wide majority. Basically “Trump be damned “. Also having Trump endorsement wasn’t a sure win in the midterms.

    DeSantis needs to flip and control a majority of the GOP voters. He really needs to show he’s the best candidate period. The Left can’t parade Joe out again.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk





  3. #15
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Frederick, MD
    Posts
    61,507
    Blog Entries
    4

    Re: 2024 Presidential Election

    Quote Originally Posted by Laxdad24 View Post
    While I don’t disagree 100%. I think the power of MAGA is fading. The passing of the Debt Ceiling bill shows that. Trump told “his” people to hold out for everything they wanted or cause a default. McCarthy tried that at first …and then negotiated the best deal he could get Biden to take. Then the House and Senate GOP surprisingly passed the bill with a wide majority. Basically “Trump be damned “. Also having Trump endorsement wasn’t a sure win in the midterms.

    DeSantis needs to flip and control a majority of the GOP voters. He really needs to show he’s the best candidate period. The Left can’t parade Joe out again.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    None of it matters if the RNC allows the DNC to get away with Election Day shenanigans.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.





  4. #16
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Location
    Bridgeville,DE
    Posts
    14,718

    Re: 2024 Presidential Election

    Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    None of it matters if the RNC allows the DNC to get away with Election Day shenanigans.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    That goes without saying. Really should be no need for all the BS mail in ballots.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk





  5. #17

    Re: 2024 Presidential Election

    Quote Originally Posted by Laxdad24 View Post
    While I don’t disagree 100%. I think the power of MAGA is fading. The passing of the Debt Ceiling bill shows that. Trump told “his” people to hold out for everything they wanted or cause a default. McCarthy tried that at first …and then negotiated the best deal he could get Biden to take. Then the House and Senate GOP surprisingly passed the bill with a wide majority. Basically “Trump be damned “. Also having Trump endorsement wasn’t a sure win in the midterms.

    DeSantis needs to flip and control a majority of the GOP voters. He really needs to show he’s the best candidate period. The Left can’t parade Joe out again.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    As you said........I wouldn't disagree 100%......but what you mentioned was those in Congress. Most of them never liked Trump to begin with. When I say most there were very few that were on the Trump train. The 2020 election? You're right there were some Trump endorsed candidates that lost but that happens all the time, happened with Obama. That in itself doesn't tell me that Trump's base was abandoned him. Now, will those same undecided voters vote for Trump? I don't think they will. But Trumps loyal base is pretty loyal, I consider myself one o those voters. But this time around I am voting DeSantis, not because I want to abandon Trump......I just don't think he can win......for a multitude of reasons. None being that he wouldn't make a good President.

    There were absolutely shenanigans in the 2020 election, as much as i think the Republicans and the Republican voters will do everything in their power to prevent that from happening again, I wouldn't discount a concerted effort to double down by the Democrats to do it again in 2024. Especially if Trump runs. DeSantis could illicit that behavior but nothing like Trump would. From here to eternity we will be fighting voting fraud. The system will be manipulated wherever and whenever possible.

    IMO the only reason Biden would run is if he was having a rematch against Trump.......everyone would know the fix was in. It would be a complete joke.





  6. #18

    Re: 2024 Presidential Election

    Quote Originally Posted by Laxdad24 View Post
    That goes without saying. Really should be no need for all the BS mail in ballots.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    There never was, but that didn’t change them from changing the course of history.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk





  7. #19
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Mt. Arrogance in the middle of the .11 rolling acres of The Windbag Estates
    Posts
    14,029

    Re: 2024 Presidential Election

    Quote Originally Posted by ThankyouArt! View Post
    DeSantis needs to find a way to tap in to Trump"s base, he's already made some inroads but he needs the majority of that base to have a shot. He needs to take the high road from Trump.......all he has to do is let Trump shoot himself in the foot......If Trump sees DeSantis picking up points Trump will want to go after him. DeSantis should let him........don't roll in the mud with him. DeSantis should wish Trump nothing but the best and stick to his platform. In order for ANY Republican candidate to win the nomination in 2024 must win over that Trump base.

    All DeSantis has to do is be Trump without the baggage........without the bravado........which IMO he has been up to this point.
    For people like me that are paying attention his very close ties to the Bushes and Rove are enough for me to stay away during the primaries. As long as he is close with them he is a RINO in my mind.





  8. #20
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Carroll County
    Posts
    6,543
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: 2024 Presidential Election

    Quote Originally Posted by Greg View Post
    For people like me that are paying attention his very close ties to the Bushes and Rove are enough for me to stay away during the primaries. As long as he is close with them he is a RINO in my mind.
    I don't see a RINO taking on Disney or CRT or any woke issue like DeSantis has.





  9. #21
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Location
    Bridgeville,DE
    Posts
    14,718

    Re: 2024 Presidential Election

    Quote Originally Posted by CarrollCoRaven View Post
    I don't see a RINO taking on Disney or CRT or any woke issue like DeSantis has.
    Yeah I don’t either. DeSantis IS the conservative that people like Greg want Trump to be.
    DeSantis has been hardline on every issue it seems. Hell …until he became competition…Trump liked him. Lol.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk





  10. Re: 2024 Presidential Election

    Quote Originally Posted by ThankyouArt! View Post
    DeSantis needs to find a way to tap in to Trump"s base, he's already made some inroads but he needs the majority of that base to have a shot. He needs to take the high road from Trump.......all he has to do is let Trump shoot himself in the foot......If Trump sees DeSantis picking up points Trump will want to go after him. DeSantis should let him........don't roll in the mud with him. DeSantis should wish Trump nothing but the best and stick to his platform. In order for ANY Republican candidate to win the nomination in 2024 must win over that Trump base.

    All DeSantis has to do is be Trump without the baggage........without the bravado........which IMO he has been up to this point.
    Agreed.





  11. #23
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    9,492
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: 2024 Presidential Election

    Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    None of it matters if the RNC allows the DNC to get away with Election Day shenanigans.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Quote Originally Posted by Laxdad24 View Post
    That goes without saying. Really should be no need for all the BS mail in ballots.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    The RNC needs to lean into mail in ballots. They are not going away. They need to improve their outreach tremendously to get ballots into the hands of likely republican voters.





  12. #24
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Mt. Arrogance in the middle of the .11 rolling acres of The Windbag Estates
    Posts
    14,029

    Re: 2024 Presidential Election

    Quote Originally Posted by CarrollCoRaven View Post
    I don't see a RINO taking on Disney or CRT or any woke issue like DeSantis has.
    Quote Originally Posted by Laxdad24 View Post
    Yeah I don’t either. DeSantis IS the conservative that people like Greg want Trump to be.
    DeSantis has been hardline on every issue it seems. Hell …until he became competition…Trump liked him. Lol.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Let me say this first, I would LOVE to have DeSantis as our governor.

    But I probably would have said something similar about George Bush prior to 2000.

    I think DeSantis is to the right of the Bushes, but I also know if you lie down with flea bitten mongrels you are likely to become flea bitten yourself.

    The RINOs will let you play hard-line conservative at the state level, especially in the more conservative states, but homey don't play that in DC.





Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Link To Mobile Site
var infolinks_pid = 3297965; var infolinks_wsid = 0; //—->