Page 155 of 155 FirstFirst ... 153154155
Results 1,849 to 1,857 of 1857
    Blog Entries

Re: 2024 Presidential Election

Quote Originally Posted by ShadeRaven View Post
    Trump wants to replace the income tax with Tariffs

https://www.forbes.com/sites/robertw...someone-else/?

Interesting I'm a somewhat fan of protectionism

Sent from my Pixel 6a using Tapatalk
    I think you posted the wrong link

Quote Originally Posted by blah3 View Post
    I think you posted the wrong link
    https://www.forbes.com/sites/andrewl...he-income-tax/

Here you go, Not sure how i ended up linking the wrong Forbes article

The Proposal

In a private meeting with GOP lawmakers at the Capitol Hill Club in Washington, D.C., Trump floated the idea of a so-called “all-tariff policy.” A formal policy proposal has not been released by Trump or his campaign, but it appears the idea is if tariffs on imports were raised sufficiently, the federal income tax could be eliminated entirely.

Broadly, the concept aligns with Trump’s long-standing protectionist trade agenda, which he featured prominently in his first term and rhetoric since.
    I believe in Devontez Walker

The Proposal

In a private meeting with GOP lawmakers at the Capitol Hill Club in Washington, D.C., Trump floated the idea of a so-called “all-tariff policy.” A formal policy proposal has not been released by Trump or his campaign, but it appears the idea is if tariffs on imports were raised sufficiently, the federal income tax could be eliminated entirely.

Broadly, the concept aligns with Trump’s long-standing protectionist trade agenda, which he featured prominently in his first term and rhetoric since.
    It also aligns well with many of our choose- a consumption tax. Tariff on imports essentially raises the prices on all non-domestic goods, which are basically everything non food and a good portion of food.

Anything we actually do still make here becomes cheap, and we all have more money to spend on bloated goods with a 30% raise.:.. except the bottom half of earners that get no raise and now have to pay premiums on anything they buy.

This would benefit the middle class more than anyone else. About time the middle class actually benefitted from legislation. The last time, not at all coincidentally was the Trump trade talks, and before that the Trump tax cuts.

I know liberals want to pretend he is “for the rich” but while democrats intentionally assassinate the middle class either policy like Obamacare, Trump is a champion of the middle class repeatedly in a manner in which no other politician dares.

There is no controllable population like a subservient population that needs its government handouts, Marxism 101.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Blog Entries

The Proposal

Dont really care for the idea, and honestly I don’t think much will come of it.

5. Re: 2024 Presidential Election

Quote Originally Posted by jonboy79 View Post
    It also aligns well with many of our choose- a consumption tax. Tariff on imports essentially raises the prices on all non-domestic goods, which are basically everything non food and a good portion of food.

Anything we actually do still make here becomes cheap, and we all have more money to spend on bloated goods with a 30% raise.:.. except the bottom half of earners that get no raise and now have to pay premiums on anything they buy.

This would benefit the middle class more than anyone else. About time the middle class actually benefitted from legislation. The last time, not at all coincidentally was the Trump trade talks, and before that the Trump tax cuts.

I know liberals want to pretend he is “for the rich” but while democrats intentionally assassinate the middle class either policy like Obamacare, Trump is a champion of the middle class repeatedly in a manner in which no other politician dares.

There is no controllable population like a subservient population that needs its government handouts, Marxism 101.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I agree, I however didn't forget what happened four years ago. I mentioned this in another post.........remember Trump had been talking about China and the trade deficit for years........long before he ever thought of running for President. There is the famous video of a 40 something year old Trump on the Oprah show talking about it.

He tore up NAFTA and was negotiating a new trade agreement with China, he said he got them to sign the first part of a new deal.........two weeks later Covid hit. I am not saying this as if it is some conspiracy but I will say that China won't sit still for a 30% tariff on Chinese exports. I personally think Covid was way to convenient. It literally ended any chance of Trump winning the 2020 election. He had it in the bag till Covid hit.

Conspiracy? or coincidence? We'll see, I however will give Trump a lot of credit. Your right, Trump has come up with some great ideas that really help the middle class........such as removing the tax on tips for workers who basically work for tips. That's a huge.......BIG freaking deal. Especially for those young people who are complaining about college debt. If he could actually do something with healthcare and make it some how affordable for the middle class I would build a statue of him on the mall myself........LOL
    Always buying Antique and vintage items......

Idk. It's a meeting and it just sounds like ideas being bandied about. Trying to make a mountain out of a molehill.
    I don't know a lot but I know a little

7. Re: 2024 Presidential Election

"Young voters are leaning Republican as Dems try to sell themselves as the ‘cool’ thing......"

https://nypost.com/2024/06/13/opinio...he-cool-thing/

Mt. Arrogance in the middle of the .11 rolling acres of The Windbag Estates

A tax on consumption makes so much more sense than a tax on wealth production (investments and labor/income).

It's well known when you tax something you get less of it. Why do we tax wealth production?

Keynesians sold us on demand side economics and Reagan made some inroads bringing back supply side. We need to encourage supply and discourage demand (consumption). This will reduce inflation and encourage wealth building.

And if you build wealth people will consume. But if you consume without building wealth you end up with huge debt, which we have.

Quote Originally Posted by Greg View Post
    A tax on consumption makes so much more sense than a tax on wealth production (investments and labor/income).

It's well known when you tax something you get less of it. Why do we tax wealth production?

Keynesians sold us on demand side economics and Reagan made some inroads bringing back supply side. We need to encourage supply and discourage demand (consumption). This will reduce inflation and encourage wealth building.

And if you build wealth people will consume. But if you consume without building wealth you end up with huge debt, which we have.
    Oh absolutely and it provides a lot of different things that being everybody is involved in paying tax and you can downsize the govt starting with the IRS. Get rid of several depts and let the states handle it like they should. Get fed govt out of housing, education and transportation. I don;t remember fuel stations being provided by the govt. This stuff needs privitized starting with Biden;s precious Amtrak. They're already bumbling everything with the Infrastructure Bill. I mean what have they done. No new internet has been built for rural areas and don't even get me started on charging stations. We don't need PBS or NPR. We don't need 5 diffrent 3 letter agencies under the Dept of Health or any other dept for that matter. This is all needlessly taxpayer funded and I could go even further on about foreign aid or even being members of the WHO or the WTO.
    I don't know a lot but I know a little