Page 143 of 155 FirstFirst ... 141142143144145 ... LastLast
Results 1,705 to 1,716 of 1857

Re: 2024 Presidential Election

Quote Originally Posted by jonboy79 View Post
    Biden/Obama - Hell yes
    Trump? - no, not at all

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    So you want Biden to start another conflict with ISIS?
    I believe in Devontez Walker

Quote Originally Posted by ShadeRaven View Post
    So you want Biden to start another conflict with ISIS?
    No, but he likely will because they don’t fear him like they did Trump.

Quote Originally Posted by jonboy79 View Post
    No, but he likely will because they don’t fear him like they did Trump.
    You and I both know thats not happening lmao.

You know what just happened the week before Memorial Day 2024?

Republican Governor Youngkin repealed a law that allows for kids of 100% disabled military veterans (& those killed in action) to attend Virginia colleges free.

https://www.wric.com/news/politics/c...efits-program/

With the state budget officially passed by the General Assembly, some of Virginia’s military veterans are not happy.

“This feels like an absolute gut punch,” Air Force Veteran Pamella Newton told 8News. “An absolute gut punch.”

Newton, who lives in Richmond, says her frustration is over language included in the budget making changes to a program known as the Virginia Military Survivors Dependents Education Program (VMSDEP), which helps the kids of qualified disabled military veterans go to college.

“Now we have to scramble and figure out how else to pay for college,” Newton explained.

Currently, the kids of veterans who are more than 90% permanently disabled can have their tuition waived for up to eight semesters at a public college or university in Virginia.

However, changes to the program would require families of students who are not enrolled in schools as of May 15 to apply for financial aid and potentially pay out of pocket before using a tuition waiver.

“I’m gonna send this one to school, come hell or high water, I will make it happen. That is my commitment to them,” Newton said while standing next to her 19-year-old daughter. “But I feel like the state’s commitment to me to support them has just basically kicked the can down the road and it really does hurt.”

So why were the changes made? House Appropriations Committee Chairman Delegate Luke Torian (D- Prince William) says it’s because of the cost. According to the State Council of Higher Education, during the 2022-23 school year, total waivers topped over $65 million.

“It requires some relook and that is what we are doing to make sure that it continues to be an effective program and that it does not hurt or harm our institutes of higher learning,” Torian told 8News on Monday.

Newton says the cost pales in comparison to the sacrifice made by military veterans who benefit from the program.

“So why veterans and gold star families are being targeted is ludicrous,” Newton said. “It just doesn’t make any sense. We sacrificed blood, sweat and tears.”

Mt. Arrogance in the middle of the .11 rolling acres of The Windbag Estates

Quote Originally Posted by balbomb View Post
    You realize the libertarian convention are full of people that want to legalize heroin, defund the police, and have no idea where Aleppo is because they believe America should be an island that doesn’t interact with any other country. There are some smart people at this thing interspersed and overrun with the craziest people you will ever meet. Trump reached out to these people, and like one guy you posted said it took guts to not go to an overwhelmingly friendly room, heck democrats refuse to even be interviewed by a conservative. Feel free to join these weirdos though.
    That's a wide brush you are handling to paint all Libertarians.

I think heroine should be legalized but require a prescription. If you are currently addicted you can get it without paying street dealers for unpredictable products. This kills the market for the street dealers and they are put out of business. And no, they won't then find new people get addicted because once addicted, the addict can then get a prescription and get it legally.

Libertarians are quite happy to have relationships with other countries, we just aren't bent on making them operate, politically, as we do. If the people in those countries want freedom badly enough, they will, as we did, fight for it. If they are not willing to fight, handing it to them is useless as they will quickly fall back into tyranny. See Iraq.

Trump was booed because he didn't restrict the government enough for them and added trillions to the debt, while growing government influence. Wouldn't you like to see a federal government restricted to its constitutional role? Wouldn't you like to see a balanced budget? Wouldn't you like to see a government with much less influence?

Of course, Biden is even worse in our eyes. I have and will vote Trump for this simple reason; I want to stick my thumb into the eye of the establishment, and the more they go after him the more I want to shove that thumb in.

Justice Alito and his wife had a meltdown when Biden was inaugurated and flew their Trumper flag. The Washington Post ( hating democracy and free speech) decided to kill the story on Republicans.

Luckily it's all coming to light now.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/polit...shington-post/

The display of the politically charged symbol outside the Alitos’ home became a public controversy last week after the New York Times reported on it, raising new ethics questions for the Supreme Court as it prepares to issue pivotal rulings in two cases related to efforts by Trump and his supporters to block Biden’s 2020 election victory.

The spotlight intensified Thursday after a second Times article reported that a different flag, embraced by some Christian nationalists who want to bring religion into American government and also carried by Jan. 6 rioters, has been flown outside the Alitos’ vacation home in New Jersey in recent months and years. Three people who live or vacation in Long Beach Island, N.J., told The Post on Friday that the “Appeal to Heaven” flag was on display there last summer, and provided photos of it. The Post also found an image of the flag at the property on Google Maps.

Sent from my Pixel 6a using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by ShadeRaven View Post
    Justice Alito and his wife had a meltdown when Biden was inaugurated and flew their Trumper flag. The Washington Post ( hating democracy and free speech) decided to kill the story on Republicans.

Luckily it's all coming to light now.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/polit...shington-post/

The display of the politically charged symbol outside the Alitos’ home became a public controversy last week after the New York Times reported on it, raising new ethics questions for the Supreme Court as it prepares to issue pivotal rulings in two cases related to efforts by Trump and his supporters to block Biden’s 2020 election victory.

The spotlight intensified Thursday after a second Times article reported that a different flag, embraced by some Christian nationalists who want to bring religion into American government and also carried by Jan. 6 rioters, has been flown outside the Alitos’ vacation home in New Jersey in recent months and years. Three people who live or vacation in Long Beach Island, N.J., told The Post on Friday that the “Appeal to Heaven” flag was on display there last summer, and provided photos of it. The Post also found an image of the flag at the property on Google Maps.

You are trying to create that flag as if it’s a Maga hat, when it has an actual recognized meaning.

An upside down flag is a sign of a country in distress, period.

It’s only politically charged if you make it so.

Par for your course. You pretend something, so it must be that way for anyone and everyone in any situation.

Flying the upside down Flag after Jan 6 and using the same flag as them isn't political lol okay.

They already admitted it was political. They said it was a political dispute with the neighbors....

Quote Originally Posted by Greg View Post
    That's a wide brush you are handling to paint all Libertarians.

I think heroine should be legalized but require a prescription. If you are currently addicted you can get it without paying street dealers for unpredictable products. This kills the market for the street dealers and they are put out of business. And no, they won't then find new people get addicted because once addicted, the addict can then get a prescription and get it legally.

Libertarians are quite happy to have relationships with other countries, we just aren't bent on making them operate, politically, as we do. If the people in those countries want freedom badly enough, they will, as we did, fight for it. If they are not willing to fight, handing it to them is useless as they will quickly fall back into tyranny. See Iraq.

Trump was booed because he didn't restrict the government enough for them and added trillions to the debt, while growing government influence. Wouldn't you like to see a federal government restricted to its constitutional role? Wouldn't you like to see a balanced budget? Wouldn't you like to see a government with much less influence?

Of course, Biden is even worse in our eyes. I have and will vote Trump for this simple reason; I want to stick my thumb into the eye of the establishment, and the more they go after him the more I want to shove that thumb in.
    I mean look at that candidate chosen, that is a guy who would have never won in the previous ten elections or more for the libertarian party. Like I said, hardcore libertarians are a mix of the smartest and weirdest people in politics. I do think they struggle with application of their principles in real world scenarios but obviously yes trump ballooned the budget which as a diehard conservative I hate.

Mt. Arrogance in the middle of the .11 rolling acres of The Windbag Estates

Quote Originally Posted by balbomb View Post
    I mean look at that candidate chosen, that is a guy who would have never won in the previous ten elections or more for the libertarian party. Like I said, hardcore libertarians are a mix of the smartest and weirdest people in politics. I do think they struggle with application of their principles in real world scenarios but obviously yes trump ballooned the budget which as a diehard conservative I hate.
    I have voted for Libertarians for POTUS in the past, but I have voted Trump in 16 and 20 for the reason I stated. To be honest, I haven't even noted who the Libertarian nominee is or his various views. It isn't worth my time.

And I differ with many Libertarians on many views, most notably abortion (although many Libertarians are pro-life like me).

10. Re: 2024 Presidential Election

More from the smartest guy in journalism.....hands down

https://amgreatness.com/2024/05/27/fear-trump-or-bust/

11. Re: 2024 Presidential Election

Way, way early, but I like it.....

https://www.realclearpolling.com/map...ctoral-college

12. Re: 2024 Presidential Election

Quote Originally Posted by Greg View Post
    I have voted for Libertarians for POTUS in the past, but I have voted Trump in 16 and 20 for the reason I stated. To be honest, I haven't even noted who the Libertarian nominee is or his various views. It isn't worth my time.

And I differ with many Libertarians on many views, most notably abortion (although many Libertarians are pro-life like me).
    I would say that I at times agree w/some Libertarian stances. I just can't agree w/them all. But....I do totally understand why they feel the way they do, (at times). Maybe in another point in time, I could be more in lockstep w/them, but just can't see doing so in today's world. Wanting something and actually seeing it enacted are two totally different things. Some of their views I find unrealistic nowadays. Perhaps I'm like many voters, inasmuch so that I want to align, even in part, w/the candidate that I agree with on most policies and more importantly, can win. I also believe that a solid majority of voters wish we could somehow see a real third party that can win, but the existing two party system is so deeply entrenched w/deep pockets and there seems to be no viable way forward. Just the way they want it. Maybe we all need a "unicorn" to run in the middle, so that a solid majority could get behind them. I'm not holding my breath for that and doubt that I will live to see it. So for now, it's TRUMP 2024. No hesitation on my part. It's a no-brainer.