Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Re: On a scale from 1-10…

D-line? Are you including the edges/DEs? It looks like you are talking mainly about the interior.

If we are talking about the interior I think we are strong. My worry level is about 3-4, maybe higher if Pierce gets injured early. I believe Madubuike, Washington, and Jones will be strong and improved. I like Urban in the rotation. We just added Blackson and he may work his way into the rotation.

If we are talking about the whole DL including interior and edge/DE then I would be like a 5-6. I think we need a strong pass rush presence. I think Ojabo will do very well. I still have question marks about Oweh. I think Robinson is a project. I like bringing Smith in to coach up the rushers and think he will be an asset. My problem is we do not have enough depth. I think we will sign 1-2 more players. I am hoping to see Houston back but I think it won't be for awhile. If we get a good pass rush then the overall DL will be okay. Then I would rate the overall DL worry level at 4. No worries. It's early.

On a scale from 1-10…

Quote Originally Posted by Dale View Post
    D-line? Are you including the edges/DEs? It looks like you are talking mainly about the interior.

If we are talking about the interior I think we are strong. My worry level is about 3-4, maybe higher if Pierce gets injured early. I believe Madubuike, Washington, and Jones will be strong and improved. I like Urban in the rotation. We just added Blackson and he may work his way into the rotation.

If we are talking about the whole DL including interior and edge/DE then I would be like a 5-6. I think we need a strong pass rush presence. I think Ojabo will do very well. I still have question marks about Oweh. I think Robinson is a project. I like bringing Smith in to coach up the rushers and think he will be an asset. My problem is we do not have enough depth. I think we will sign 1-2 more players. I am hoping to see Houston back but I think it won't be for awhile. If we get a good pass rush then the overall DL will be okay. Then I would rate the overall DL worry level at 4. No worries. It's early.
    I’m talking about the iDL. I think the edge group will have growing pains, but I like Ojabo, not too bullish on Oweh…and I think MacDonald will scheme up 15-20 sacks. I’m worried about the iDL being able to stop the run and keep the linebackers clean. They will have to win 1st down and keep teams in 2nd/3rd and long for this pass rush to get any traction.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Re: On a scale from 1-10…

Worry? so what you're saying is that after all that has taken place so far you don't trust EDC? You don't trust him to add depth? He added some depth to the Oline where and when he could and I am 100% sure he has some plan in place to sure up that Dline and edge. Same goes with the CB position, EDC is on coasting mode a bit. He has his core roster and now it's all about depth.

We have ONE of the best rosters in the NFL........might not be the BEST but it's right up there. For all the grumbling that went on the entire roster has shaped up nicely...........I thought there was a thread about the roster? But I digress, the Dline will be fine if they are healthy and stay healthy.....but that's every team and every squad on the Ravens.

The players on this team have motivation, you can feel it......you can sense it. They know what they are playing for, the front office has sent a signal to the team and to the NFL. Make no doubt about it......the Ravens are all-in and want to make a run.

Although I am a big Harbaugh fan I am personally holding him accountable and I bet Big Steve is too. He needs to coach this team like his career depends on it.

Lot's of players are playing for their careers as well......Dobbins, Edwards, Queen, Cleveland, The entire DLine, Oweh, Duvernay, Proche, OBJ, Bateman, I am sure there are others. But these guys are expected to play a huge roll in any success the Ravens intend to have. No one will be taking plays off.......no one is going to miss time unless they absolutely can not play. There will be no.........we'll give it our best shot. Barring injuries....

No excuses.