Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Re: Baltimore ranked the 16th most dangerous city in the WORLD by murder rate

Quote Originally Posted by ThankyouArt! View Post
    I go in to the city all the time, I not only go in to the city, my hobby takes me in to the worst parts of the city.........not only the worst parts of the city but in to the back alley's.........the very nooks and crannies where no person......particularly a white guy would want to go. I never get bothered.

You see there is a truth that the media and no one really wants to talk about. It's not politically correct to do so, the reason? Because someone would be asked to be accountable. The city Government is OK with accepting that #16 designation. They won't do a damm thing about it. If they did it wouldn't have got to the point where they were ranked 16th.......would they?

Truth is the black young men of Baltimore are shooting each other........over drugs and street corners. They will blame many things......like guns, lack of opportunity, lack of investment. Even blame racism. Truth is, it's the destruction of the black family. The fiber of that family as been chipped away for generations, young black kids are byproducts of generation after generation of fatherless families and crime and drugs. To them it's a way of life........all they know.

The Democratic party has been in control of the city....and now the State for decades. They can't really blame anyone, they can't legislate morality. They have zero clue on how to fix it.......seriously. The Mayor has no idea what to do, anyone know what the mayor's plan is to fight crime? Serious question.........I know it's rhetorical and I am sure some of you obviously know the answer.......but how many of you can honestly tell me what is the name of the Mayor of Baltimore? When's the last time you have seen him? Heard him give a speech?

Baltimore needs a Donald Shaeffer, they need someone with big ideas.........someone who truly cares. Does anyone.....I mean anyone get the sense that the Mayor really cares about the city? I don't.....
    The schools are a literal train wreck, they have been pumping money in to that system by the dump truck loads for years and they continually test at the bottom. The system is incredibly top heavy and totally ineffective in teaching it's young people. But to be honest that goes back to the family unit, kids are not taught at home to learn......to be good students. It all starts at home.

The Harbor is broken, it's suffering from the "broken window syndrome". They gave it away to a developer......I mean they simply gave it away. Told him he had THREE years to come up with a plan. Not three years to fix it.......nope, three years to just come up with a plan. Oh and he can sublease it to "POP UP stores in the mean time and collect rents. Anyone want to bet he doesn't have a plan in three years? Walks away? Any takers? I will give 2-1 odds. Then after 3 years how long will the remake take? Who is paying for that? I guess that's rhetorical as well.....

I live in the county but I call myself a Baltimorean.......sp? I love the city ( how many people have heard say that?) and want to see it reborn....to claim it's charm. Truth is......... no one will address it's real problems. Sadly, Baltimore will always be one of the worst cities in the country. Trump was right all along.......

It's a shit hole.
    I’m sure that the curfews will eliminate all the late-night crime in the city. I can just see the gang-bangers all in their homes and in bed by 11. Of course, that doesn’t really address the violent crime that occurs in broad daylight, like at Lexington Market last week.

Re: Baltimore ranked the 16th most dangerous city in the WORLD by murder rate

Quote Originally Posted by steelerhater View Post
    I’m sure that the curfews will eliminate all the late-night crime in the city. I can just see the gang-bangers all in their homes and in bed by 11. Of course, that doesn’t really address the violent crime that occurs in broad daylight, like at Lexington Market last week.
    Funny thing about those curfews.....the policy is not to enforce them at all. They are just for looks........purely political.