Page 5 of 14 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Re: JK Dobbins isn't counting on being a Raven in 2024

Yup Jk is a stud. Pretty easy to see. That injury really hurt him. Ravens also don’t use him in the passing game either which sucks cause he can make things happen.

but they not paying him

Quote Originally Posted by Jfoh View Post
    The number one skill in the NFL is being able to play every game. Both Dobbins and Edwards have not had this. All the other measurably, go out the window if you can not suit up every week. Durability is everything, much more important than fans think. Yes Dobbins has a great average yards per carry, but he has missed half his games in a system which split carries between two back so his total yardage numbers are not as large, but being better rested his yards per carry is better. It has been bad luck for him to have been injured, but injuries happen and it will hurt his nest contact.

NO GM is going to hand him a big contract, with his injury history. They will give him a fake number contract, with the back end not guaranteed and a decent signing bonus. To the GM it will be a two year deal, even those it looks like a four year deal. If he produces, and stay healthy, the team gets a great bargain and if his injury luck keeps being bad they will cut him. After that he will be looking for a vet minimum contract. Edwards is in the very same boat. A rb needs to get as much signing bonus as they can because all the rest of a contract is fake news to me. 10,000 yard backs are as rare as hens teeth these days and it looks like even 5,000 yard backs are few and far in between. And Dobby is not half way to 5,000 yards, he is 1/3 at 1325 yards. He missed one year, missed half the next getting his knee right. His best year was 805 yards and last year was 520 yards. How much are you going to pay a back who averages 650 yards a year? Not 10 million, not 8 million. They will try to keep Queen with that money and draft a rb. I hope Dobby has a monster year and gets paid but it will not be by the Ravens.
    It's crazy that people are calling him.injiry prone. There is a 100% injury rate in the NFL. They guy gets screwed by the team not once but twice and the fans label him injury prone. 1st screw job is playing him in a meaningless preseason game where he gets injured and the 2nd and most egregious screw job is not recommending he get the knee cleaned up earlier. Everyone knew he wasn't right watching him run yet no one on the castle thought to have the knee cleaned up? Hr get the procedure done in training camp amd he may miss 2 games and comes back right. I suspect Dobbins is going to show everyone what he can do.

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenswintitle View Post
    He was so sensitive when somebody pointed out a hitch in his step and he vocally wanted to be back on the field while coaches held him out. He may have pushed himself too hard too soon
    I dont care how long they sat him down. Without having that scar tissue broken up, we would have seen the same thing. I had my ACL repaired and had scar tissue built up in it. I just couldn't bend my knee past a certain point because of the scar tissue. Went in to have it broken up and my range of motion greatly improved.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by StalkRavenMad View Post
    It's crazy that people are calling him.injiry prone. There is a 100% injury rate in the NFL. They guy gets screwed by the team not once but twice and the fans label him injury prone. 1st screw job is playing him in a meaningless preseason game where he gets injured and the 2nd and most egregious screw job is not recommending he get the knee cleaned up earlier. Everyone knew he wasn't right watching him run yet no one on the castle thought to have the knee cleaned up? Hr get the procedure done in training camp amd he may miss 2 games and comes back right. I suspect Dobbins is going to show everyone what he can do.
    Injuries ruin careers at that position. Cam Akers went through the same thing and is also in his contract year in 2023 trying to prove the same thing. Next year it will be Javonte Williams. I feel bad for these guys because they really have such a small window to prove what they can do. If you don't make it you end up like James Robinson, Kenyan Drake or Jordan Howard and going from team to team for the next 4 years. Injuries suck

Quote Originally Posted by BcRaven View Post
    jon, I don't know why KingSerg believes he's the only one that thinks that way (?)
    I can't count how many times, on several threads, I've written that he's not a "STAR."
    I also think the chance of Dobbins being a Raven in 2024 are slim and none... Bc
    Lol, I stand corrected! Thank you for getting me up to speed. Interesting that you don't think he will be here in 2024. Challenge then is what is the succession plan?

6. Re: JK Dobbins isn't counting on being a Raven in 2024

I think the plain and simple answer is that RB's are now basically plug and play, especially when so much money is being allocated to other positions. As someone said....."shake a tree and one will fall out". Really not a huge worry in todays modern NFL. As for Dobbins, I hope he has a great season and makes it either here or somewhere else. It just is what it is. Can't pay everybody.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by KingSerg View Post
    Lol, I stand corrected! Thank you for getting me up to speed. Interesting that you don't think he will be here in 2024. Challenge then is what is the succession plan?
    KS, IMO Dobbins would have to blow the doors off the 2023 season for EDC to even think of a 2nd contract. As I see it, the Ravens offense is going to be so balanced/diverse that Dobbins probably won't get enough touches to make it so. There's also the seemingly watered down RB position where you can get a competent one in the draft, and it doesn't have to be in the 1st round. After all, Dobbins was a 2nd round pick. All-in-all I hope he does have a great year because it will halp the Ravens win games, but I don't think it will be sufficient for him to remain in Baltimore in 2024. I sure hope he proves me wrong... Bc

Quote Originally Posted by KingSerg View Post
    Personally? Draft one in rounds 3-5 every year, maybe 2 next year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

He's prolly still bitter about the playoff loss where he got a whole 12 caries. I have no doubt we win thst game if he sees 20+

Sent from my Pixel 7 Pro using Tapatalk
    “I'm the best there is, the best there was, and the best there ever will be.” - Bret Hart

Quote Originally Posted by jonboy79 View Post
    Personally? Draft one in rounds 3-5 every year, maybe 2 next year.
    The Ravens are almost as historically bad at drafting RBs in the mid-rounds as they are drafting WRs.

Ravens drafts of RBs this century:

2022 - Tyler Badie (6th)
    2020 - JK Dobbins (2nd)
    2019 - Justice Hill (4th)
    2016 - Ken Dixon (4th)
    2015 - Javorius Allen (4th)
    2014 - Lorenzo Taliaferro (4th)
    2013 - Kyle Juszczyk (4th)
    2012 - Bernard Pierce (3rd)
    2011 - Anthony Allen (7th)
    2009 - Cedric Peerman (6th)
    2008 - Ray Rice (2nd)
    2008 - Allen Patrick (7th)
    2007 - LeRon McClain (4th)
    2006 - PJ Daniels (4th)
    2003 - Musa Smith (3rd)
    2002 - Chester Taylor (6th)
    2001 - Chris Barnes (5th)
    2000 - Jamal Lewis (1st)

Not a lot of successes there past the 2nd round. Even in an historically run-heavy offense, you can't just plug and play.

I'll go against the flow and say that the Ravens will try to sign JK Dobbins if he has a half decent year and might well go up to $7-10M per year as a cap hit. Whether he can get more elsewhere is kind of out of the Ravens' hands. While it's true that it's a passing league, teams cannot be totally one dimensional. Even the best teams have a running back that contributes as a weapon. I think the Ravens currently have one and will wait to see how he is employed in the new offense before writing him off the 2024 roster.

Quote Originally Posted by usmccharles View Post
    He's prolly still bitter about the playoff loss where he got a whole 12 caries. I have no doubt we win thst game if he sees 20+

It's cumulative. He's super competitive and has a chip and wants to prove himself. He knows he got screwed by that freak injury at a time when he was poised to have a breakout season. He is still pissed about his lack of usage down the stretch and especially in the playoff game. He's due for a new contract at the exact moment where the Ravens are now going to be a bit strapped but are also looking to balance out the offense. He most likely has been talking to his agent and realizes that it's not looking like the Ravens are going to offer him anything beyond a team friendly deal. The guy is human and was simply saying, "hey, doesn't look all that promising that I'll be back here next season". Nothing cryptic or angry about it, just an honest assessment of how it looks right now. I hope he balls out and makes it a really tough decision for EDC.

Side note, I'm still pissed Denver poached Tyler Badie. Wanted to see what he would look like this season.

Quote Originally Posted by Rygar64 View Post
    It's cumulative. He's super competitive and has a chip and wants to prove himself. He knows he got screwed by that freak injury at a time when he was poised to have a breakout season. He is still pissed about his lack of usage down the stretch and especially in the playoff game. He's due for a new contract at the exact moment where the Ravens are now going to be a bit strapped but are also looking to balance out the offense. He most likely has been talking to his agent and realizes that it's not looking like the Ravens are going to offer him anything beyond a team friendly deal. The guy is human and was simply saying, "hey, doesn't look all that promising that I'll be back here next season". Nothing cryptic or angry about it, just an honest assessment of how it looks right now. I hope he balls out and makes it a really tough decision for EDC.

Side note, I'm still pissed Denver poached Tyler Badie. Wanted to see what he would look like this season.
    I couldn't understand us not using him more, I for sure thought he was worth a roster spot

“I'm the best there is, the best there was, and the best there ever will be.” - Bret Hart