Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
    Blog Entries

Re: JK Dobbins isn't counting on being a Raven in 2024

Quote Originally Posted by Ravensblitzkrieg View Post
    When healthy dobbins is the #2 best back in the league IMO behind Henry. I’ve been a dobbins fan from day one. But the reality is you missed an entire season, played half of last season, no way ravens can give you a contract extension that you would find worth your value.

This is the prove it year. Ball the hell out and you are going to get your money. Most likely not from the ravens because we will need another big time receiver next season.

Now if we win a Super Bowl and dobbins is balling out his mind this season I could see a solid contract from the ravens coming his way. Other than that I don’t see it
    What? Lmao he can hold cmc Cooks jock they have all actually produced

Quote Originally Posted by Goode05 View Post
    Must have missed the 1 in front of the 2, because top 12 isn’t even a guarantee. PFF’s Sam Monson had him at 17….

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by jonboy79 View Post
    Must have missed the 1 in front of the 2, because top 12 isn’t even a guarantee. PFF’s Sam Monson had him at 17….

I don’t get the love he gets from Ravens fans. He’s in what year 4 missed a complete season and a good Chu ck of season 3. He seems like any other running back on every other team

It’ll be interesting to see if JK has recovered any more of his speed.

One of the things this offense is missing is home run hitting speed at the RB position. Where you give the RB a crease and some daylight and he’s gone. Kinda like we had with Jamal, and a young Ray Rice.

Watching JK hobbling along and getting caught from behind was painful, on a couple of runs that should’ve been TDs. That’s why I wanna see what this speedy UDFA Mitchell can do, and admittedly why I had high hopes for Justice Hill that never quite panned out.

Quote Originally Posted by Goode05 View Post
    Jacobs, Taylor, Chubb, Saquan.

I like Dobbins, but he has to prove it.

JK Dobbins isn't counting on being a Raven in 2024

Quote Originally Posted by Mmcclend View Post
    Jacobs, Taylor, Chubb, Saquan.

I like Dobbins, but he has to prove it.
    Henry, CMC, Ekeler are also indisputable.

So at BEST, 8, but really…

Here is a list that puts him 28th…

https://www.profootballnetwork.com/b...-nfl-rankings/

The aforementioned PFF 17…. Top half of starters is about as strong as one could go and be taken seriously.

https://www.pff.com/news/nfl-running...023-nfl-season

Sorry, 18.

https://www.cbssports.com/fantasy/fo...oday-team/amp/

5 more writers that all have him outside the top 12.

https://www.nfl.com/news/rb-index-ra...022-nfl-season

MJD ranked him 22…

Henry, CMC, Ekeler are also indisputable.

So at BEST, 8, but really…

Here is a list that puts him 28th…

https://www.profootballnetwork.com/b...-nfl-rankings/

The aforementioned PFF 17…. Top half of starters is about as strong as one could go and be taken seriously.

No doubt. I mean the eye test tells you he CAN be up there with those guys but to say at this point that he’s #2 is a feelings based argument with no facts behind it. Dobbins has a lot of work to do.

You can shake a tree and a good RB will fall out. Shit, Keaton Mitchell didn't even get drafted and looks explosive. Decent ones are always available. Leonard Fournette is still out there. David Montgomery got 3/18. It's just about the easiest position to fill. As good as Dobbins looks when he's out there would be dumb as hell to pay him the huge money he's obviously asking for.

Sure some Raven fans overrate JK, but that's because of what he showed as a rookie. In '20 JK showed he could be one of the top backs in the league. Obviously injuries have derailed that idea for now. But as a rookie this is how he faired for backs with 100 or more rush attempts(basically starters):

Yds per carry- 1st
    Yds before contact- 2nd
    Yds after contact- 3rd
    20+ yd runs- 3rd
    30+ yd runs- 2nd
    40+ yd runs- 3rd
    50+ yd runs- 3rd

He showed a ton of promise as a rookie, but to this point, it's mostly just that, promise. I have little doubt that if doesn't get injured he'd be a tier 1 RB in the league right now, but "if" is the key word there. He can still be one of the top backs in the league, but he has to prove he can stay healthy and he has to show he has gotten back to the level of play from his rookie season.

Last year you could tell he was still laboring and not trusting his knee. He lost a gear and his lateral mobility wasn't as good. Hopefully, he looks more like his 2020 version this season.

Blog Entries

He was so sensitive when somebody pointed out a hitch in his step and he vocally wanted to be back on the field while coaches held him out. He may have pushed himself too hard too soon

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

11. Re: JK Dobbins isn't counting on being a Raven in 2024

I like JK, but the Ravens top resigns need to be Justin Madubuike and PQ. And if they can only sign one, Madubuike would be the guy I would sign.

Blog Entries

Question Re: JK Dobbins isn't counting on being a Raven in 2024

Quote Originally Posted by KingSerg View Post
    I am probably the only dude on this board that thinks while pretty good, in Ravens fans eyes Dobbins is way overrated. Would I want him on my team, yes-but he ain't all that-he is a solid piece...not a superstar.
    Nope, you are right. Except that you are not the only one.
    jon, I don't know why KingSerg believes he's the only one that thinks that way (?)
    I can't count how many times, on several threads, I've written that he's not a "STAR."
    I also think the chance of Dobbins being a Raven in 2024 are slim and none... Bc