Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Re: How do you explain?

My how times change. Seems like just a couple of years ago we'd be talking about OBJ as the locker room problem, not Hopkins.
    "That's what."
    — She

Quote Originally Posted by Shas View Post
    My how times change. Seems like just a couple of years ago we'd be talking about OBJ as the locker room problem, not Hopkins.
    and running into the same conundrum.... is it OBJ or is it THE BROWNS?

Quote Originally Posted by xiao_ke View Post
    The Cardinals are tanking for Caleb Williams in the 2024 draft.
    It’s the nfl, teams don’t tank a year out. Heck look at the Texans last week of last year. He was not worth the money to be on their team

Quote Originally Posted by Raveninwoodlawn View Post
    Sarah Ellison said today on her podcast that someone "in the know" talked to her about DHop and she said she couldn't say exactly what the person said, but she inferred that there are probably some personality/locker room questions that may make him not a great fit.
    My guess is something along the lines of

Hopkins: I want to win. Stop playing like dysfunctional trash and work harder!

Cardinals: You're a locker room cancer! How dare you call out our mediocrity!

Quote Originally Posted by Culex View Post
    My guess is something along the lines of

Hopkins: I want to win. Stop playing like dysfunctional trash and work harder!

Cardinals: You're a locker room cancer! How dare you call out our mediocrity!
    Culex we now have two examples of him commanding very little trade value. I know the teams involved aren’t smart, but it also involves the rest of the league not offering much if anything.

The earliest they can reasonably move on is about 2027. They are stuck with him
    https://www.spotrac.com/news/is-a-ky...%20the%20table.

Not if they can find a team willing to trade for him.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by balbomb View Post
    Culex we now have two examples of him commanding very little trade value. I know the teams involved aren’t smart, but it also involves the rest of the league not offering much if anything.
    Don't forget about the PED suspension. There may be some behind the scenes baggage tied to that as well. Does he have any other failed drug tests in his history that place him in a different phase of the violations program?

It seemed like a throwaway comment at the time from a insignificant player, but remember Charvarius Ward said this about him:

"D-Hop, he think he a tough guy. He think he still one of the best receivers in the league, and he really not," Ward said....

"He was getting locked up. He was doing some dirty things," he added. "He tried to clip me, he grabbed me by the throat. He grabbed my facemask on one play, so I don’t respect his game. That’s steroid boy."

Hopkins returned to the field in Week 7 after serving the suspension. He has repeatedly said he did not knowingly take ostarine, the substance that was found in his system.

Quote Originally Posted by jonboy79 View Post
    https://www.spotrac.com/news/is-a-ky...%20the%20table.

Not if they can find a team willing to trade for him.

Which they probably won't with that contract

There were teams trying before the draft and it sounds more like the Cardinals dropped the ball on being able to get anything at all by biding too much of their time.

Certainly possible, I just think there is enough evidence that he is overvalued by the general public (including most posters on here), and has been for some time now. Especially considering things that extend beyond the playing field.

Certainly possible, I just think there is enough evidence that he is overvalued by the general public (including most posters on here), and has been for some time now. Especially considering things that extend beyond the playing field.
    Hopkins was averaging 79 yards per game. Thats good for 1300 yards in a full season. Ill take that.

Which they probably won't with that contract
    3.5 years fully guaranteed at like $38m/ye isn’t the end of the world.
    A team that hasn’t found their QB and doesn’t pick early enough may take the risk, assuming he comes back healthy and doesn’t look atrocious. Maybe Vegas or ATL, CHI, NE, Minny TB, GB, WAS, PIT, NYJ…. Soo many potential options. Likwly half those options don’t shake up, but it only takes a few, and ARI wouldn’t need much or any compensation to be interested.

Rams will be too bad or else they might be interested. They are in the Williams/Maye sweepstakes. .