Page 27 of 31 FirstFirst ... 2526272829 ... LastLast

Re: Cards release Nuk

Quote Originally Posted by WNCRavensFan View Post
    The new agent is from Klutch Sports Group (Rich Paul's company) if that means anything
    Clowney said the same thing for similar reasons. It's a lot less about either player actually desiring a reunion and more about getting money off nostalgia. With that being said I still believe Dhop is a number one. Is he the kind of transcendent player he once was? No. But he actually gives us something we lack which is a big strong possession WR who can pluck the ball out of air like Boldin was.

Mt. Arrogance in the middle of the .11 rolling acres of The Windbag Estates

Quote Originally Posted by Goode05 View Post
    He runs around and puts up a lot of garbage stats mixed in with a few high light reels. He’s too little can’t play from in the pocket so he’s always scrambling around and then gets dinged. Once he’s dinged his play falls off the cliff and the team nose dives. He also seems to have a terrible work effort and can’t throw people under and then back up the bus on top of them fast enough. If they get the top pick I think they probably do take a qb
    Wait. I could be wrong but I believe you have been behind Lamar all through the negotiations, right? And defended him for the injuries he got? Maybe I don't have that right and if so apologies but . . .

Many who defended Lamar continually pointed out his injuries happened as a pocket passer. So now this guy is getting hurt because he isn't a pocket passer?

Personally, I have never seen what the national media and others have in Murray and I have also posted I think Lamar is an electrifying talent. But they both share moving around a lot for whatever reasons. So you can't blame mobility for Murray's injuries and dismiss it for Lamar's.

And again apologies to Goode if this doesn't apply to him.

Quote Originally Posted by GOTA View Post
    I've watched most of Murray's games his first 3 seasons, between 10 to 12 a year. I like Murray's talent a lot. Does he need to work harder in the film room? Absolutely but that's something that can be fixed. I'm not seeing a QB without a good football head such Jameis Winston.

Justin Herbert fails in every big game he's in and he's been surrounded with receiver, running back and o-line talent. I'd take Murray over Herbert and yes I've seen most of Herbert's games as well.
    Herbert hasn't failed in every big game. Without Herbert the Chargers don't make the postseason last year and weren't sniffing a potential postseason berth in '21. You can't blame the QB solely for what is a team and coaching problem, which people often do unfortunately. Without Herbert the Chargers would have been awful the past three seasons.

The Chargers defense has been mostly inept since Herbert has been in LA and have let the Chargers down way more often than Herbert has. In 2021, Herbert was one of the most clutch QBs in the 4th qtr and in comeback wins. Last year their D showed some life, particularly in the secondary, but they were still below average and still let the the team down in big games. Last year the Chargers were 24th in 2nd half pts allowed. In '21 they were 32nd and in '20 they were 26th. The Chargers have been one of, if not the, worst defense in protecting the 2nd half which includes several 2nd half point leads.

Was it Herbert's fault that they lost to the Jags after they had a 27-0 cushion? The D giving up 24 2nd half pts was the issue, not Herbert. Well, it didn't help that and Staley/Lombardi had Herbert throwing a bunch of screen passes in the 2nd half. The coaches decided to play not to lose instead of playing to win and it bit them in the ass.

And if you watched a bunch of Herbert's games you would know he was legit a top 5 QB in the league as a rookie and again in his second season. It helped when he had a playcaller that actually utilized his biggest asset, his cannon arm, and let him push the ball vertically. In his rookie season Herbert did not have a good OL. His rookie year, when he had the best seasons statistically from a rookie QB in league history, his OL was one of the worst in the league. Actually they were arguably THE worst in the league. If you trust PFF, they were the worst, rated 32/32.

In 2021 the OL improved because the Chargers made some moves and brought in Corey Linsley and drafted Slater, but last year, Linsley missed a few games and Slater missed the whole season except weeks 1 and 2. After week 9 with more injuries to the OL they were starting two rookies, two backups and one vet and the OL regressed significantly and Herbert was under diress for the rest of the season. The OL dipped back into the bottom half of the league last year.

Also, if you watched a lot of the Chargers last year you would have known that Allen and Williams missed a big chunk of the season. Herbert's top WR for 40% of the season was Joshua Palmer. Most people couldn't even tell you who Joshua Palmer is. The Chargers had arguably a worse starting WR unit than the Ravens for 40% of the season if you can believe it.

Then you throw in that Herbert fractured his rib cartilage in week 2 vs the Chiefs. He missed a total of one play and came back in and he still almost knocked off the Champs in a 27-24 loss. If Herbert doesn't get injured, there is a good chance they most likely beat the Chiefs in that one. Where most QBs would have sat out the next 3-4 weeks Herbert didn't miss a game. He played through the injury and it was obvious his play suffered because of it. He couldn't run or move for a few games and he could barely throw past 10 yds for a few weeks.

His play was affected for about 5 weeks because of that injury. Throw in that he didn't have Allen during that span and the downfield threat of Williams was useless because of the injury. Herbert's game suffered because of it. When he started getting right, Williams gets injured and misses a month. Allen returns around that time, but isn't 100% right away. Then, and this was barely even talked about, Herbert injures his labrum on his left shoulder in week 17 and had to deal with that in the post season. It required surgery the first week of the offseason.

Last year was a shit show for the Chargers when it comes to injuries, yet they still got to the postseason. That's not happening without Herbert. In 2021 Herbert was one of, if not THE, most clutch QB with 4th qtr comebacks and late drive wins. Justin Herbert has ten 4th quarter comeback wins and 13 game winning drives during his career. In that same time, Allen has 5 and 7 in the same metrics. Burrow, like Allen, has 5 and 7. Mahomes has 10 and 10. Lamar has 6 and 7. Rogers has 5 and 8. Etc, etc...This just shows how clutch Herbert is.

Anyway, no way am I taking Murray over Herbert and I'm sure if you asked 10 people, at least 7/10 would say the same thing with the three being Cardinals fans and GOTA. Just playing. But seriously, you're high if you'd take Murray over Herbert.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenmallard View Post
    Herbert hasn't failed in every big game. Without Herbert the Chargers don't make the postseason last year and weren't sniffing a potential postseason berth in '21. You can't blame the QB solely for what is a team and coaching problem, which people often do unfortunately. Without Herbert the Chargers would have been awful the past three seasons.

The Chargers defense has been mostly inept since Herbert has been in LA and have let the Chargers down way more often than Herbert has. In 2021, Herbert was one of the most clutch QBs in the 4th qtr and in comeback wins. Last year their D showed some life, particularly in the secondary, but they were still below average and still let the the team down in big games. Last year the Chargers were 24th in 2nd half pts allowed. In '21 they were 32nd and in '20 they were 26th. The Chargers have been one of, if not the, worst defense in protecting the 2nd half which includes several 2nd half point leads.

Was it Herbert's fault that they lost to the Jags after they had a 27-0 cushion? The D giving up 24 2nd half pts was the issue, not Herbert. Well, it didn't help that and Staley/Lombardi had Herbert throwing a bunch of screen passes in the 2nd half. The coaches decided to play not to lose instead of playing to win and it bit them in the ass.

And if you watched a bunch of Herbert's games you would know he was legit a top 5 QB in the league as a rookie and again in his second season. It helped when he had a playcaller that actually utilized his biggest asset, his cannon arm, and let him push the ball vertically. In his rookie season Herbert did not have a good OL. His rookie year, when he had the best seasons statistically from a rookie QB in league history, his OL was one of the worst in the league. Actually they were arguably THE worst in the league. If you trust PFF, they were the worst, rated 32/32.

In 2021 the OL improved because the Chargers made some moves and brought in Corey Linsley and drafted Slater, but last year, Linsley missed a few games and Slater missed the whole season except weeks 1 and 2. After week 9 with more injuries to the OL they were starting two rookies, two backups and one vet and the OL regressed significantly and Herbert was under diress for the rest of the season. The OL dipped back into the bottom half of the league last year.

Also, if you watched a lot of the Chargers last year you would have known that Allen and Williams missed a big chunk of the season. Herbert's top WR for 40% of the season was Joshua Palmer. Most people couldn't even tell you who Joshua Palmer is. The Chargers had arguably a worse starting WR unit than the Ravens for 40% of the season if you can believe it.

Then you throw in that Herbert fractured his rib cartilage in week 2 vs the Chiefs. He missed a total of one play and came back in and he still almost knocked off the Champs in a 27-24 loss. If Herbert doesn't get injured, there is a good chance they most likely beat the Chiefs in that one. Where most QBs would have sat out the next 3-4 weeks Herbert didn't miss a game. He played through the injury and it was obvious his play suffered because of it. He couldn't run or move for a few games and he could barely throw past 10 yds for a few weeks.

His play was affected for about 5 weeks because of that injury. Throw in that he didn't have Allen during that span and the downfield threat of Williams was useless because of the injury. Herbert's game suffered because of it. When he started getting right, Williams gets injured and misses a month. Allen returns around that time, but isn't 100% right away. Then, and this was barely even talked about, Herbert injures his labrum on his left shoulder in week 17 and had to deal with that in the post season. It required surgery the first week of the offseason.

Last year was a shit show for the Chargers when it comes to injuries, yet they still got to the postseason. That's not happening without Herbert. In 2021 Herbert was one of, if not THE, most clutch QB with 4th qtr comebacks and late drive wins. Justin Herbert has ten 4th quarter comeback wins and 13 game winning drives during his career. In that same time, Allen has 5 and 7 in the same metrics. Burrow, like Allen, has 5 and 7. Mahomes has 10 and 10. Lamar has 6 and 7. Rogers has 5 and 8. Etc, etc...This just shows how clutch Herbert is.

Anyway, no way am I taking Murray over Herbert and I'm sure if you asked 10 people, at least 7/10 would say the same thing with the three being Cardinals fans and GOTA. Just playing. But seriously, you're high if you'd take Murray over Herbert.
    Justin Herbert was absolutely part of that Jags loss in the playoffs. Was he the sole problem? Of course not. The Jags were up 27-7 at the half and a large part of that was 3 Lawrence interceptions. 2 of those Chargers scores came on very short drives of 2 plays and 3 plys after interceptions. The Jaguars turned the ball over 5 times and Herbert threw all of 1 TD pass in that game. So it was all the Chargers defense after they created 5 turnovers? Really?

Would 7 out of 10 say the same thing like you said? Yes, because Herbert looks the part of the classic QB. He's tall and handsome with a great arm and he's an incredibly likeable guy. As my daughter tells me Herbert has the best hair in the NFL. Is he a top QB like Burrow or Mahomes or Allen. No he's a cut below just like Murray. At that level there are no clear favorites because they all have warts. These are excellent 2nd tier QBs but they aren't elite players and they are clearly able to be viewed subjectively.

Blog Entries

He finally has a visit scheduled - Sunday to Titans. That’s his first

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenswintitle View Post
    The 2nd home where WRs go to die...

Ain’t no way he chooses that offense? He will never get the ball.

Westminster OG, now behind enemy lines in NE
    Blog Entries

Wasn't Vrabel in the Texans with him? Like a DC or defensive assistant for Obrien?

Wonder if he really wants him bc AJ Brown traded or if he's doing Hopkins a solid...

Quote Originally Posted by Iamjacks View Post
    Wasn't Vrabel in the Texans with him? Like a DC or defensive assistant for Obrien?

Wonder if he really wants him bc AJ Brown traded or if he's doing Hopkins a solid...
    The Titans have $8 mil in cap space and their WR room is putrid.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Greg View Post
    Wait. I could be wrong but I believe you have been behind Lamar all through the negotiations, right? And defended him for the injuries he got? Maybe I don't have that right and if so apologies but . . .

Many who defended Lamar continually pointed out his injuries happened as a pocket passer. So now this guy is getting hurt because he isn't a pocket passer?

Personally, I have never seen what the national media and others have in Murray and I have also posted I think Lamar is an electrifying talent. But they both share moving around a lot for whatever reasons. So you can't blame mobility for Murray's injuries and dismiss it for Lamar's.

And again apologies to Goode if this doesn't apply to him.
    No that’s certainly not me.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by GOTA View Post
    Justin Herbert was absolutely part of that Jags loss in the playoffs. Was he the sole problem? Of course not. The Jags were up 27-7 at the half and a large part of that was 3 Lawrence interceptions. 2 of those Chargers scores came on very short drives of 2 plays and 3 plys after interceptions. The Jaguars turned the ball over 5 times and Herbert threw all of 1 TD pass in that game. So it was all the Chargers defense after they created 5 turnovers? Really?

Would 7 out of 10 say the same thing like you said? Yes, because Herbert looks the part of the classic QB. He's tall and handsome with a great arm and he's an incredibly likeable guy. As my daughter tells me Herbert has the best hair in the NFL. Is he a top QB like Burrow or Mahomes or Allen. No he's a cut below just like Murray. At that level there are no clear favorites because they all have warts. These are excellent 2nd tier QBs but they aren't elite players and they are clearly able to be viewed subjectively.
    Herbert’s coach is horrible and they basically play 17 road games a year. I mean what idiot moves the team to their old rivals town after they move. The whole franchise is a disaster. If Herbert was smart he’d go to management and say I’m never resigning here to what you can due to trade me. I’d rather play anywhere else but in LA as a charger

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Goode05 View Post
    Herbert’s coach is horrible and they basically play 17 road games a year. I mean what idiot moves the team to their old rivals town after they move. The whole franchise is a disaster. If Herbert was smart he’d go to management and say I’m never resigning here to what you can due to trade me. I’d rather play anywhere else but in LA as a charger
    No different than the Jets/Giants thing. Giant market.