Page 5 of 14 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
    Blog Entries

Re: Observations From OTA's (May 24, 2023)

Quote Originally Posted by ShadeRaven View Post
    Lamar's post snap processing is very high/elite. Its one of the reason he's been able to be a successful QB with little to no time to read defenses pre-snap.
    I agree.

I think Lamar is already a much more consistent thrower of the ball than what Flacco ever was here. A lot of that his down to his ability to read the defense.

Quote Originally Posted by leachisabeast View Post
    I agree.

I think Lamar is already a much more consistent thrower of the ball than what Flacco ever was here. A lot of that his down to his ability to read the defense.
    I don’t know leach, I despised flacco but there is also a reason he was still playing football last year. When he got the ball out in rhythm, there are few qbs ever that could throw a better ball. That’s why he had a job last year, you get him on a practice field when he knows he won’t be hit, he can still sling the football. Obviously put him in pads on a Sunday things change.

I actually think Lamar is a bit better than what Flacco was in that regard. It seems like Lamar is more capable at reading defenses than what Flacco was. Flacco would get that deer in the headlight look at times and would make ridiculous decisions The one thing Flacco had that Lamar has not proven so far is the ability to play well in the post season. Joe's arm would never go to shit in the cold weather either.
    I will go to my grave with this thought. Flacco had the perfect combo of being really dumb (like Lamar) but he also didn’t care about winning or losing either (unlike Lamar) or even football in general so that combination made him never feel nervous and therefore it gave him an advantage over every other qb. Guys like manning were so smart and cared so much they rightfully had big nerves when this big dummy Flacco was impervious to that feeling.

Quote Originally Posted by balbomb View Post
    I will go to my grave with this thought. Flacco had the perfect combo of being really dumb (like Lamar) but he also didn’t care about winning or losing either (unlike Lamar) or even football in general so that combination made him never feel nervous and therefore it gave him an advantage over every other qb. Guys like manning were so smart and cared so much they rightfully had big nerves when this big dummy Flacco was impervious to that feeling.
    Wtf? Are you mentally ill?

Quote Originally Posted by RavenXbio View Post
    Please don't feed the troll.

I am not with you on your post, but I did like the way Manning "looked" more nervous, and therefore energetic, than either Flacco or Jackson. That said, emotional affect and mannerisms are not the same thing as intelligence or a desire to win; IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by TL24x7 View Post
    OTA Observations (5/24/23)

In no particular order:

Defense• Jaylyn Armour-Davis wasn’t much of an active participant. He has ability, but questionable (at best) availability.
    Any additional info on JAD's health and recovery? I agree with you that he's got the right stuff to make it if healthy.

Any specifics on Hayes being released floating around? Not that it really matters Im just curious.

Quote Originally Posted by RavenXbio View Post
    If you had to rank joe flacco in his passion for football, you would put him and cutler a notch above Ricky Williams. I’m sure he loved that he became rich, but people have more passion playing connect 4 than this guy had for football.

Quote Originally Posted by RevBarnes View Post
    I am not with you on your post, but I did like the way Manning "looked" more nervous, and therefore energetic, than either Flacco or Jackson. That said, emotional affect and mannerisms are not the same thing as intelligence or a desire to win; IMO.
    Sure, but at some point manning had enough games that were outliers in the playoffs compared to regular season that we can reasonably say that he not only looked nervous but he was nervous and it negatively effected his play.

Bruh

I agree.

I think you're reaching a bit here.

Let Lamar prove it this year, better targets, new system.

Flacco used him arm to Fell Luck, Manning, Brady, and Kaepernick+Blackout all in a row. I want to see Lamar do that before we start saying he's a better thrower of the ball than Flacco.

I don’t know leach, I despised flacco but there is also a reason he was still playing football last year. When he got the ball out in rhythm, there are few qbs ever that could throw a better ball. That’s why he had a job last year, you get him on a practice field when he knows he won’t be hit, he can still sling the football. Obviously put him in pads on a Sunday things change.
    This. Flacco also can't move like he did in our first 7 to 8 years with him. THe blown out knee and back injury, plus father time, sapped him of his underrated mobility / pocket movement.

Either way, he can still like the rock like very few can. The only reason he doens't have a job just yet, IMO, is that he wants to be in teh Mid-Atlantic near his GIGANTIC family lol.

He's a cut above most NFL backups at the moment IMO.