Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Re: Observations From OTA's (May 24, 2023)

Quote Originally Posted by Mmcclend View Post
    He got a little banged up at Notre Dame. Should be back soon.
    Doing what?
    The only thing I remember this offseason was Marlo making fun of his death grip on a sandwich while he was there visiting.

Quote Originally Posted by Ravensblitzkrieg View Post
    Lamar also talked about how he can finally call audibles and make adjustments at the line when he reads the defense pre snap. Some here were claiming Lamar was not making adjustments because he wasn’t reading the defense. Now we know it’s because of Roman’s garbage system.
    And it was a stupid claim to make since we all watched them consistently get to the line with no more than 8 seconds left on the playbook and still needing a player (Ricard) to go in motion. Not really much tine to make any adjustments

Glad Kolar was mentioned. He doesn't get much press but I expect him to take a bigger leap than Likely this year.

Lamar also talked about how he can finally call audibles and make adjustments at the line when he reads the defense pre snap. Some here were claiming Lamar was not making adjustments because he wasn’t reading the defense. Now we know it’s because of Roman’s garbage system.
    Somewhat similar to how Cam was a bit of a control freak when it came to stuff like that. Some OCs insist on running the play they called or only bailing to a simple basic run play. I often thought that one of the ways GRo insured that was by getting the play call in as late as possible. Hopefully we get to see Lamar add a new aspect to his game by diagnosing and moving the offense into a more favorable play. I think Lamar's running ability may have been part of the reason to not let him audible as much..."fuck it if it's not there just take off and get a 1st down" is not a valid 2nd play.

Quote Originally Posted by Rygar64 View Post
    Doing what?
    The only thing I remember this offseason was Marlo making fun of his death grip on a sandwich while he was there visiting.
    Not sure. But Harbaugh mentioned it at his presser.

Quote Originally Posted by ravensfan55 View Post
    Glad Kolar was mentioned. He doesn't get much press but I expect him to take a bigger leap than Likely this year.
    Watching Kolar's college tape, he was used similarly to the way Andrews was at Oklahoma. Despite his size, he only lined up inline about a third of the time with rest of the snaps in both the slot and on the outside. He is a very natural hands catcher who had only 5 drops in his entire college career (where he was catching balls from Brock Purdy). He finds open spaces like Andrews and uses his height and wingspan to box out on contested catches. If his blocking has improved, he could really have an impact with Monken.

I don't think the system mattered when it came to the Ravens allowing the QB to audible. From what I can recall, they didn't let Joe Flacco audible, either, and Roman wasn't the OC then.

Quote Originally Posted by Raveninwoodlawn View Post
    After not being "excited" about the Monken hire when it happened, I've been nothing but impressed with almost everything about him since really researching his background, listening to him and ...
    Same.

I wanted Bieniemy, and my initial impression was that Monken was a step-down; settling for an old white re-tread. Then I dug into him, and well – what you said.

I 100% wanted Monken over Bieniemy. I think Reid still had his hands all over the Chiefs offense.

If you look at the Georgia offense, it didn't look like an old white retread to me.

Quote Originally Posted by ravensfan55 View Post
    If you look at the Georgia offense, it didn't look like an old white retread to me.
    Definitely.

Quote Originally Posted by alien bird View Post
    I don't think the system mattered when it came to the Ravens allowing the QB to audible. From what I can recall, they didn't let Joe Flacco audible, either, and Roman wasn't the OC then.
    Well Lamar said Monken is letting him do all the changes he wants at the line. So either Harbs had a change of heart or it was Roman holding that part of the game back.

Well Lamar said Monken is letting him do all the changes he wants at the line. So either Harbs had a change of heart or it was Roman holding that part of the game back.
    And/or after firing the DC last off-season, now Harbs arse is next if his new OC doesn't get the most out of the franchise player.

I like it.